Where are all the Davante Adams haters now ?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won’t lie, I’ve always looked at Adams as a very very good #2 Wr. I just always have thought he couldn’t perform at a high level against the top corners in the game. If he can have these type of games against Marcus Peterson, Stefon Gilmore, Xavier Rhodes, and Patrick Peterson then I’ll drink all the kool aid ...and not half the glass.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These "hindsight is 20/20 and look how wrong you were" posts aren't annoying at ALL.

Never disliked Adams the way some did, but if you're objective about it, there was a time when he had a lot of drops and wasn't very reliable. Glad he got better and glad the team stuck with him. But my god, grow up.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These "hindsight is 20/20 and look how wrong you were" posts aren't annoying at ALL.

Never disliked Adams the way some did, but if you're objective about it, there was a time when he had a lot of drops and wasn't very reliable. Glad he got better and glad the team stuck with him. But my god, grow up.
or maybe it’s a worthwhile post to make some of us think. I was very critical of Adams during his struggling period. I was wrong. That experience has taught me to be a little more open minded regarding players and coaches. I am not at all offended that this has been brought up.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won’t lie, I’ve always looked at Adams as a very very good #2 Wr. I just always have thought he couldn’t perform at a high level against the top corners in the game. If he can have these type of games against Marcus Peterson, Stefon Gilmore, Xavier Rhodes, and Patrick Peterson then I’ll drink all the kool aid ...and not half the glass.
Early in the season you were in the shout box proclaiming he was not even a number 2. I remember it well because right after that he made multiple plays including a TD. But that is okay because it is just your nature to be negative about everything non Rodgers related.

Edit: my apologies, I dug up the posts in the shout box thread and you were calling him a good number two. 30 seconds later he scored a touchdown and I made the joke that he wasn’t even a #2.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone could see him struggling that year. I remember saying i wasn't sold on him from his rookies season, but he certainly didn't look well physically his 2nd. He couldn't do anything with that ankle and in year 3 his suddeness and explosive first steps were back. I remember I kept saying I thought it was his injury that got in his head and affected his hands but if he could make it thru that, he'd be what we need him to be when he got better. He's as mentally tested as one needs to be as a receiver in the NFL and physically gifted. I'm proud of the young man.

Then there were the others who saw a guy struggling and took every opportunity to kick him without consideration for anything else. These threads are perfect for people like that. Though they're on to the next and as soon as Adams struggles again, they'll be back.

OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember very well how he was crucified here because of one pass in the end zone. The ball was about three feet over his head and off his fingertips.....

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine they don't hate anymore because he has bounced back nicely since his terrible sophomore season when the hating was warranted.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching a guy struggle and continue to work through injury isn’t a reason to hate on anyone.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was struggling but you could see the potential. Yeah he dropped a lot of balls but he also made a lot of great catches. I don't know why so many were giving him a hard time. He was so young , he is still only 25. I don't think a lot of people know that. He was only 21 in his rookie year.

Last edited:

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Petition to end thread the man has progressed nicely in our system...

But in the spirit of debate... He is dangerous and if he can get better.. with the two Rookz next year will be fire... Excited for wr core

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
He didn’t step up well when Jordy was out with the ACL injury, but he made up for it. He still has a tendency to lose a few yards by going east/west instead of north/south when he is looking for the big play.

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Davante, he’s gonna end up being Rodgers best receiver he’s played with. He is special, and has a great connection with 12. Plus he’s a TD machine. I played against him and Derek at Fresno and they tore us up. Glad he’s on our side now!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts