When you play with scrubs ...

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darren Sharper has been cautious this season not to be overly critical of the Green Bay Packers, who released him last March in a salary-cap move. But after being named NFC Defensive Player of the Month for November on Wednesday, the Vikings free safety made it clear there is a difference between his old and new teams.

"You know what it is? I'm around better guys that really allow me to do what I do," he said, when asked how the Vikings' scheme suits him. "The players I'm around are extremely talented. You think about it. I don't really have to worry about the run because we shut the run down. So I just can concentrate on defending the pass. One thing I always notice is that when you play with scrubs you can look like a scrub. When you play with good players, you look like a good player, too."

Asked if that meant Sharper had been playing with scrubs in recent years, he said, "I haven't been playing with guys as talented as the guys we have on defense."

How's that for a smack upside the head?

Full story here --> http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5756393.html

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Click for answer

Those talented boys beat New England! :thumbsup:

take a look at the "defensive backs-" statistics and go to 101-150

126. Ahmad Carrol
128. Darren Sharper (ok he has two games less but what would that mean?) :twisted:

Way to go Darren!!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow!! What a mouth on that guy!! If he's so great, how come it finally took them so long to start winning, and if you look at the teams, they've played, they haven't really played anyone with a great winning record. Oh, yes the queens have a formula for winning games. That's what it said in our local MN paper. The formula is rent a boat, party with "working" girls, and let the devil take care of his own.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, shut down the run? 15th vs the run is shutting it down?

he should be pround tho. he had 2 good games. he's part of the 25th D vs the pass and 28th overall.

those scrubs in GB are only 7th vs the pass and 9th overall.

improvement when he leaves. hmmmmmm.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Wow!! What a mouth on that guy!! If he's so great, how come it finally took them so long to start winning, and if you look at the teams, they've played, they haven't really played anyone with a great winning record. Oh, yes the queens have a formula for winning games. That's what it said in our local MN paper. The formula is rent a boat, party with "working" girls, and let the devil take care of his own.
Hi, carol! How are you?

Such hatred towards the Vikes, but I have the cure.

Close your eyes, deep breaths, and think of something peaceful.

Like a nice boat ride on a lake. :D :D :D

Go Pack! [this week].

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
carol k said:
Hi, carol! How are you?

Go Pack! [this week].

How about a fishing shack? Big enough for a party?

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most people think Roman has been playing better this season than last, or at least no worse, now that he is paired with a rookie safety. Kind of makes you wonder who was the scrub pulling whom down.

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1999 playoff game against San Fran. TO-TD Where is Waldo (Sharper)/ 'Nuff said.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
carol k said:
Hi, carol! How are you?

Go Pack! [this week].
This is a nasty post and I think it should be deleted and this poster banned forever from this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts