When You Hear Or See People Say...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That Aaron Rodgers is on his way to be the best quarterback... of all time.. what comes to mind?

I read message boards. General ones, and other teams message boards.. so they are not biased comments. I'm not necessarily asking if you think he could be or not, I'm asking if you like hearing that sort of stuff. Other people come and bring the thread back down to earth with a "it's way to early", but still.

Personally, part of it makes me feel sort of proud, but then again it seems like a jinx. Makes me a little scared, ya know?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Aaron continues on the way he has been playing, he will certainly place high on the all-time list. So far he has proved himself to be a smart, capable, and talented player. I look forward to many, many more seasons with few interceptions, a ton of TD passes, great awareness, and the swift feet to carry him out of harms way.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have honestly never heard anyone say that he is on his way to being the best of all time. Waaaaaay to early in his career.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have honestly never heard anyone say that he is on his way to being the best of all time. Waaaaaay to early in his career.

Like I said, I read A LOT of message boards, and article comments lol. I agree with you, that wasn't my question though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats completely insane to even bring that up at this point.

At best he is the 3rd best QB in packers history. He has a very long way before he is the best in packer history let alone nfl history.

When I hear stuff like this I think someone has no concept of NFL history and who the best of the best really are, because if they knew, the comparison would seem insane to them at this point.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, I read A LOT of message boards, and article comments lol. I agree with you, that wasn't my question though.

hard to answer your question when I have literally heard nobody, not even people with limited football knowledge, say this. you must be visiting the craaaaazy websites.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Still has a lot more work to do. Rodgers may get the reward of best QB at handling difficult off the field non-tragedy issues, but he still has a few more great seasons to be remembered in the history of the NFL as greatest. He is on the right track though.

Reaction score
Thats completely insane to even bring that up at this point.

At best he is the 3rd best QB in packers history. He has a very long way before he is the best in packer history let alone nfl history.

When I hear stuff like this I think someone has no concept of NFL history and who the best of the best really are, because if they knew, the comparison would seem insane to them at this point.
Then again the Packers have had 2 of the best quarterbacks of all-time. Possibly 3 now. If Rodgers becomes the best Packer QB, that's a huge accomplishment. If he gets there, he will already be considered one of the best of all-time in the NFL.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's hard to really say who is the greatest quarterback of all time, but Rodgers will be in that list eventually.

I would like to believe Montana is the greatest of all time. 4 Super Bowls, zero turnovers in any of those Super Bowls, and he won 2 of them without Jerry Rice. When I see Rodgers spreading the ball around to several different receivers without relying on the same one all game long, that's whom he reminds me of.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
What makes me laugh was year after year the idjits on the Bears message board saying "Bears defensive player X (insert name here) is going to knock Brett Favre out of football. Now they just insert Aaron Rodgers name in and say the same thing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way Rodgers is playing now, I've never seen a QB do that. Play this well, as the last 6 or 7 games Rodgers has played. Be so dominant, so confident, so precise and in command of the game. Undoubtedly, Rodgers has been the best player on the field in those games. In fact, I can't remember the last time Rodgers was outplayed by a QB.

Take that for what's worth.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes me laugh was year after year the idjits on the Bears message board saying "Bears defensive player X (insert name here) is going to knock Brett Favre out of football. Now they just insert Aaron Rodgers name in and say the same thing.

And you respond "2011 NFC Championship." that should end the conversation.

Reaction score
Aaron is playing very well right now. But he has to play like this (or something close to it) for the whole season for me to consider putting him at #1 even right now. Last year's regular season for Rodgers was good, but not great. There are some things I would like him to change. He still holds onto the ball for too long when the offense gets scrambled and I really hope him getting two concussions last season makes him realize that sometimes on a play, you gotta eat it and either stay down or slide.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a great QB, but he needs to have a lot on his belt to be mentioned amongst the Bart Starrs, the Joe Montanas, or even the Tom Bradys of the NFL. He has done a lot of "Montana-esque" accomplisments (like the ending to the 2009 Bears-Packers season opener, the last drive in the Packers-Falcons regular season game, and the Cardinals-Packers wild card game; I remember a long pass to Greg Jennings being literally inches from being an exciting touchdown finish) but I'll hesitate to call him the best QB in the league, much less of all time.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive actually never heard anyone say he may be the best of all time when he is done, but with him being so young, versatile, and already with a Ring, I would count him out.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steve Young reference is definitely appropriate at this juncture. Rodgers just got the monkey off his back. In the what have you done for me lately NFL, it seems as though Rodgers is gearing up for a run at the roses. The thing that shocked me was that Rodgers seems to have nerves of steel (no pun intended) when playing in the big game. If that nerve continues, I don't see any reason why not. We'll see. If he gets there again in his career - and repeats, you have to start to believe he could be that guy. Makes me think some people are mentioning all-time to put the hex on.

Members online

Latest posts