1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

When was the last time.....?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dren23, Dec 2, 2005.

1. dren23

dren23 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Bears were favored by seven or more in a game against the pack? I bet it was back in my days as a teenager. I'm more nervous about this game than I was last week against the bucs. I guess 13 years of being dominated by #4 will do that to you. I think the streak ends this year at the home away from home for the pack, but if I were a betting man I'd take the points.

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea...the whole league seems upside down this season. The eagles are a 4 point underdog at home on a Monday night against the Seahawks. Giants and Cowboys battling for the division. Cincinnati looking like a legitimate contender in the AFC. New England is only 6-5 but has a two game lead in what was supposed to be a strong division this year. And maybe an undefeated team for the first time ever since going to a 16 game schedule.

In the words of Vince, "What the hell is going on out there?"

3. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Prediction...

Road to SB is going through the Meadowlands this year!

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I wouldn't mind that. Of all the contenders left in the NFC, I'd probably root for them. A Manning/Manning Super Bowl? What do you think?

5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :shock: We agree on something!!! :D

6. GBnative

GBnative Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I read somewhere that the last time the bares have been favored over the Packers by a TD or more was in 1991.

7. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You should be more nervous about this weeks game than last week against the Bucs.

this is a game featuring the greatest rivalry in the history of the NFL. Add to that, Favre somehow seems to save many of his greatest performances for games at Lambeau South and tension is natural.

Setting the odds at favored by 7 in is a solid logical setting of the odds. However, what makes football so great is that it is an odd shaped ball that is impossible to predict how it will bounce -- especially in division rivalry games against the two most storied franchises in the Professional game.

As a Packer fan, here is hoping that your fear of Favre is justified and continued beyond this Sunday. On the other hand, I salute you as a true fan of your club and person who understands the game of football.

8. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favored by 7?

The way the Bears O performed last week 7 may be stretching it. If it wasn't for Simms fumbling on his owen 1 yard line, the bears would have lost that game. The Bears O is one of the worst in the NFL.

My prediction - If we do not turn the ball over (or miss a FG), we win by 10. 13-3.

P.S. - How many freakin' more posts do I need to stop being a waterboy!

9. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With all the problems the Packers are facing this year, they still have not been out of any game yet. They are the first 2-9 team to outscore their opponents.

This is not to say that GB will win this week, but there's no doubt that no one should look at the Pack as a weak team. It has taken the best from other teams, combined many mistakes on the Packers, to lead to our loses this year. I think the outcome of this game is up in the air at right now, either team being very capable of winning.

If I were a Bears fan, I'd be worried facing the Packers right now who have nothing to lose.

10. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed Bobby, the Pack seem to have beat themselves at least as much as they've lost this year

Also,I'd really like to know what the record for the worst W:L is while still outscoring your opponents ... the Packers have to be close!

11. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only way the Bears score more than 13 points this week is if their D is able to put actual points on the board. The Bears are clearly better this year, but I can't see them winning by 7. Take the points if you're a betting man.

12. dren23

dren23 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only reason the pack have scored more than they've given up is the saints game. Take that game away and its 180 for and 220 against.

But the pack have been in every game despite all the injuries. My preseason picks had the pack in 1st place at 7-4 right now.

13. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If betting I would bet with the Packers and seven points. The packers have lost a lot of games by less than seven.

The Bears have won a lot of close games. The Bears really don't show much fear being up only 3 in the final quarter.

I would not be suprised if the Packers are up 14-10 at halftime and then blow it with the final score being 17-14. It has been that kind of season.

14. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I've almost come to fear a first half lead because what you describe happens so often...BUT....

I'm still optimistic...Favre always kicks the bear's butts in chi.

15. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I just noticed that Hammer has exactly 100 posts, and is now a "Rookie".....sooooooooooooooooo, 3 more posts will set you FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

16. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Being a starter, I'm kinda a big deal around here.

17. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm tempted to post 14 more times before I go to bed to see what "status" my 300th post may or may not bring me.

18. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

19. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's all for me. Goodnight, moon.

20. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Fantasy Gurus on FOX are saying Favre gets NO TD's this weekend against da Bears. In fact the Bears haven't allowed a TD at home in their last four games at Soldier Field. A pretty good stat when it comes right down to it.

BUT....if the Pack comes out against da Bears like they did against the Falcons.. the Gurus are punks....! And the Favre streak is still alive at Chicago.... YOU WATCH!