When the Packers win Sunday night .....

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will be the 2nd hottest team in the NFC. Their 4 wins in a row will be second only to the Jeff Garcia-led Eagles' 5 in a row -- assuming that the Falcons do not upset the Eagles. They are behind the Chargers (9 in a row) and the Titans (6) in the AFC but are ahead of the 14 other NFC teams.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. I have trouble saying that we are a "hot" team. Philly is playing well on both sides of the ball. As is San Diego. Our wins have been nothing short of unimpressive, albeit they are wins however. Still, I think we're improving, I just wouldn't say we're a hot" team at this point. If we beat Chicago, I'll think differently.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do people have to degrade wins? they're wins. jesus.

I'm not degrading our last 3 wins, I just wouldn't exactly call us a hot team. Look at Philly, they are beating teams with flying colors. They aren't struggling to score points, and most importantly, aren't turning the ball over.

If we win Sunday nite, I guess you could say we're one of the hottest teams in the NFC. But still, we're not in Philly or San Diego's class.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like being optimistic, but judging by how we have played against good teams this season I have to be worried about wether or not this may be a stinker by the Packers. If they play the Bears competitively I'll be very impressed.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WEll one thing that has to be given to the last couple wins in a row for the Pack that certainly can not be degraded is the play of our defense. I think that is whats going to keep us in the game Sunday night.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WEll one thing that has to be given to the last couple wins in a row for the Pack that certainly can not be degraded is the play of our defense. I think that is whats going to keep us in the game Sunday night.

If you ask some Packer fans they would lead you to believe our D had nothing to do with it rather that the offenses were just that bad. You know...that horrible Lions offense that just put 21 on the Bears.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

If you ask some Packer fans they would lead you to believe our D had nothing to do with it rather that the offenses were just that bad. You know...that horrible Lions offense that just put 21 on the Bears.

Yeah I know they will. Its a shame. They may not have been the top notch offenses in the league but they are still decent at least.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like being optimistic, but judging by how we have played against good teams this season I have to be worried about wether or not this may be a stinker by the Packers. If they play the Bears competitively I'll be very impressed.

well, sunday will be the moment of truth. I'm hoping we win.

The good teams find a way to win games, no matter how ugly. The Bears have been good all season of pulling rabbits out of their hats. When Grossman is absolutely horrible, others will step up and rescue the team.

Last week, our O was dead, but the D stepped up and won the game for us.

We'll see though. If we do win, what a way to start 2007. :packbeer:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
agopackgo4 said:

Yeah I know they will. Its a shame. They may not have been the top notch offenses in the league but they are still decent at least.

IMO it doesn't matter how good or bad those offenses appear to be at times. Holding a team to 3 first downs and 104 total yards is ridiculous.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It feels good to be a winner." Califonia Cheez

Ending the year with games going well carries over into the off season work out program and helps team unity.

The vikings lost eight of their last 10 and are headed in the wrong direction.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look back at other teams in other years, especially young teams, the ones who go out and win at the end of the season in when they have nothing but pride to play for are quite often the teams that turn the corner the following year. It kind of makes me worry a little about the Lions next year as they have been playing their best football in 3 of the last 4 weeks -- against the Bears, Patriots and Dallas. It builds character to say "who cares about the draft pick" and just try to go out and win.

BTW, with the Titans losing, now the Packers end the season with a 4 game winning streak -- only the Chargers and Eagles have longer ones and only one of them can finish the year with a win.

Members online

Latest posts