When is it okay?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was at Buffalo Wild Wings a little while ago and ran into Nick Barnett with his gf/date. We talked a little bit, but nothing major. I wanted to ask for a picture with my daughter, but I felt that would be rude so I didn't.

Living in Green Bay you bump into Packers all the time, but I hardly ever come across players that I consider in that upper echelon which are my more favorites.

Anyhow, when do you think it is okay to ask for an autograph or picture? I assume if the guy is on a date (and by the looks of her, he might be worn out by Sunday afternoon, cuz shes definitely putting out) that you shouldn't bother'em.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
She was attractive. Nick looked like a kid in a candy store lol and she looked very nice too. Little on the provocative side but nice.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ZeroZCool posted"Anyhow, when do you think it is okay to ask for an autograph or picture? "--

In my opinion, never in a public place like Restaurant. Bar or shopping . There are some players who don't mind it, Especially Rookies and are very friendly toward fans and others but some don't like it and do not give autographs or don't allow photos taken.

If your in the Lambeau Field area or at the practice field especially during training camp, I think, it is alright to ask for autographs or ask if it is alright to take photo. but do it diplomatically.. I feel the players or coaches on their off time is their time to relax . There is lots of pressure on these players during the football season and many are nursing injuries and can be tired after exhausted practices. especially very hot weather in late July and August as was the case in summer of 2005 when temperatures in August training camp session reached nearly 100 degrees in afternoon practices here in Green Bay .

You handled your encounter with Nic Barnett who was at Restaurant on a date, properly. However, your comment about Nic's date was out of line on this topic.

I would expect better of you. I realize you are a young College student but that is no excuse.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, if you ask politely the worse they can do is say "no".
I saw Milwaukee Bucks center Ervin Johnson at a restaurant in Mequon one time. He was sitting right next to me. I discreetly asked him if i could have his autograph, and he said "After I'm done eatting."
I waited till he was ready to leave, and he gave it to me. I thanked him VERY much, and he said he didn't mind, as long as it wasn't during his meal.
I figured nothing ventured nothing gained. Barnett has been VERY nice when i have seen him, and I wouldn't doubt if he would have taken the second it takes for a photo or autograph. If not, the worst that could happen is he would say no. If he said no, i would smile and thank him anyway and apologize for the interuption.
Just my 2 cents.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at Buffalo Wild Wings a little while ago and ran into Nick Barnett with his gf/date. We talked a little bit, but nothing major. I wanted to ask for a picture with my daughter, but I felt that would be rude so I didn't.

Living in Green Bay you bump into Packers all the time, but I hardly ever come across players that I consider in that upper echelon which are my more favorites.

Anyhow, when do you think it is okay to ask for an autograph or picture? I assume if the guy is on a date (and by the looks of her, he might be worn out by Sunday afternoon, cuz shes definitely putting out) that you shouldn't bother'em.

I wouldn't. The guy's on a date.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You handled your encounter with Nic Barnett who was at Restaurant on a date, properly. However, your comment about Nic's date was out of line on this topic.

I would expect better of you. I realize you are a young College student but that is no excuse.

Thanks and it was taken out of context. Admittedly, I used poor wording on it and misrepresented her. I was more basing my opinion off how Nick's body language and how he looked at her. ... by the looks of him ... not her ... someday I'll learn to put the word I'm thinking down instead of typing like a fool.

btw, that young college student is actually a college graduate as of Sept 22nd of this year, ironically on his 27th birthday. wooohoo!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts