When does the locker room implode

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been looking at other boards and have heard rumors that Favre does not really like Rodgers. Me I can see why he seems way to eager and well if you knew that the GM was trying to knunge you away from the game you would be a little pissy too. I think if the pack loses two more games without a win the locker room will turn against Sherman and TT

I think Favre should come out after the Falcon game and let his intetions be known. I will be back or I wont be back. It is what he needs to do. I personally think he will be back unless by a miracle the Pack run the table and win the division and do something in the post season

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a wee bit ticked at Favre's reluctance to make a decision. Some say that he doesn't know himself. Hard to believe. It would be SO much better for the team if they knew which way he was leaning. He knows, I think.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me like Favre doesn't really like Rodgers, at least in the way he has acted. With the "I'm not here to be a mentor or to learn the guy anything" comments.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Favre doesn't owe this team ****...

The Green Bay Packers owe him the time to make up his mind....

What..you think it will be better with Rodgers in there and SherRossley coaching him?

That's a laugh...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you know how hard of a decision it is for a competitor like favre to think about retirement. People keep saying "decide now" "decide now" ...whoa...the man gave you 13 years of his heart and soul (and arm)...and you want to rush a decision. And you want to rush it for...Aaron Rodgers? The biggest favor in this I think is not rodgers(aka, a new young QB waiting in the wings) or sherman(aka, playing with a new head coach next year, which is what GB will have btw). The biggest factor is does Favre still have his game? You all know how Favre doesnt wanna go out looking bad, looking like the game kicked HIM out, staying longer than he should have. And although they are 1-7, the team is solid, and Favre is on pace for 30 TDs\4,000 yards ..AGAIN. That doesn't sound like an old QB who should hang it up. And I doubt favre wants his last season to be a losing season, not when he still has the physical gifts to get it done.

As for Favre not liking Rodgers...who cares? Did you honestly expect the worlds biggest competitor(see consecutive starting streak) to welcome someone hunting for his job with open arms. I respect favre for not getting rodgers run out of town.

Another thing....whenever favre decides to retire....we're screwed. I dont care who is in the wings waiting for their shot. Rodgers sucks, folks. Look at the practice reports. If the kid cant get it done in PRACTICE, how in the world will he handle game situations. He has shown NO improvement, which is amazing. And if favre retires, say we get a FA like brees or something. That can only workout for so long. When Favre retires, its gonna be a horrible stretch of years....face it. If you wanna run favre out...you are silly. Yes, you, silly!

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on the contrary Trom I dont want to run Favre out I want him back for 2 more years. I am just saying the media keeps the Favre watch up so much it is ridiculous. Favre has a bad team behind him and talking head like Steve Young and Dan Marino have to come out a **** on him and his effort.

I just want Favre to come out and say ENOUGH ALREADY I WILL RETIRE WHEN I AM DAMN GOOD AND READY TO would make alot of Packer fans content knowing that he is atleast leaning a certain way. Instead of it being May 1st and finding out. It is his call I understand that and Yes Rodgers is not the answer. I dont know who you could find to Replace Favre but I am sure thier is a kid out there in the future.

And the Pack will not suck next year. The D is back and I look for a deep run next year

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Brett has made a decision on whether he wants to play or not. I think he wants to win and that is beig for him. I would think that if he doesn't think this team is on the right track, he'll retire. If by some miracle the Packers start winning, some of the young players look to become stars, then he might stay. Do any of you believe either of those two scenarios will happen?

As for Rogers, who care? Rookies have to learn their place. Favre doesn't have to mentor him, all he has to do is play well, practice, and show him how to lead and do all those little things by how he does them. If Rogers is smart he'd just sit back and observe because he'll learn a lot.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just read from the sites(JS,Packersnews). they sneak how unimpressive rodgers looks all the time. link yourself.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has nuetral feelings for AR. Even after the media tried to "T.O." the report that Favre does not like AR, both Favre and AR set it straight that they have a good working relationship. They made giant leaps in assumption that this is the case in regards to feelings for AR. Jeez, even Favre had to explain himself this week in regards to he being tied to coach Sherman. All he was trying to say was he did not know if he had the energy to learn a new system since he has 14 years of the same system in his head. I think with the caliber of leaders left in GB the implosion will not occur. They are still fighting and are taking the "let's go down swinging" attitude. Pretty comendable IMO.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
just read from the sites(JS,Packersnews). they sneak how unimpressive rodgers looks all the time. link yourself.

i read packernews all the time and haven't seen any updates on Rodgers in practice. i never read JSonline...so since you've seen it, why don't you provide a link.

Snotty Suzy.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were at some preseason practices and Favre and AR were getting along great, goofing around, looking loose and compatible.

AR didn't have much playing time even in preseason so we don't know what he can or can't do. Someday, even if this sounds scary, the team will look to this kid to lead us.

I also wish Favre would state his intentions. He is leaving the Pack in limbo. True, we owe him the time to make up his mind; I agree with that. However, I think it would be nice to give everyone an idea of how long he will stick around.

I'd still like to see more of AR because, and again this is kind of scary, if the Packers consider him the future, they better know if he can handle things. If not, we'll be needing a QB soon, and we'll have a high draft pick this time.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys - Tromadz more closely nails this than anyone else....

I agree Rodgers didn't have much time, nor opportunity, to prove himself.
I think the one thing he didn't count on, was the intensity level in the NFL.
Rodgers didn't come from that big of a College - not like Matt Leinart will.

I would say if the Pack thinks they have a chance at Matt Leinart? Go for it.
Rodgers will eventually make a name for himself - pending injuries - in the NFL.

As for Favre speaking up now (?) Uh-huh, I wouldn't be asking him anything about it now. Like everyone else, he's "trying" to focus the next game, then the game after that. We are, after all, still (basically) in the mid-season, ya know!

What bites my backside is why won't the Press drill Doug Flutie and Vinny Testeverde about retirement...? Why only Brett Favre? In fact, I appear to be the only guy online asking THIS question.

I think the man deserves to be left alone with that nonsense. Certainly, Favre is a bigger story, on any level, than those two. But, when it comes to retirement - isn't it about the age of the player? Hence, why are we all skipping past asking those other guys the same questions...? And, what about Trent Green? He's 35, for cry iy iy....! Highly frustrating!

Truth be known, I bet Favre cares as much about Rodgers as he cares about all the other Players on this Team - on an equal basis - only Henderson, in my mind, would get a possible closer private fealty - they've been thru some trying times... (as well as Gravedigger, before he was booted un-necessarily by Sherman) I think, if anything, Pederson was probably one of his closest buddies in the last few years.... You don't go hunting deer with just anyone - not if you plan on bagging anything....

In the day, Favre has made fast friends with hundreds of guys.
Have any of you seen those Deer Hunting pics of Favre, Pederson and Wells.??
That's one good example right there....

The frustrating part is not being able to get just a tad bit closer.... certainly.
But, then that'd be the soap opera, wouldn't it?

I don't see this Locker Room imploding, either. If it does, it will be the rookies and the younger egos - it won't be the veterans. So, relax you guys - enjoy the game....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts