When does someone become a Flop?????

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right so the Browns select Quinn he has played 1 game and only made a few plays and JaMarcus Russell played 1 game for the raiders What about Harrell he has again only played 1 game

Right so would call them flops????????? personally JaMarcus Russell has done nothing for the raiders but Brady missed training camp what a fool he was he lost his first team choice by it. I hope Brady can bounce back.

what do you think?????

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Right so the Browns select Quinn he has played 1 game and only made a few plays and JaMarcus Russell played 1 game for the raiders What about Harrell he has again only played 1 game

Right so would call them flops????????? personally JaMarcus Russell has done nothing for the raiders but Brady missed training camp what a fool he was he lost his first team choice by it. I hope Brady can bounce back.

what do you think?????

Give someone two years. If they suck after 2 years, they're a flop.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
depoends on when they play. Is Rodgers a flop?

By the way, I am not sure if Quinn missed training camp. I am pretty sure he was there. Marcus on the other hand held out the entire camp.

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
depoends on when they play. Is Rodgers a flop?

By the way, I am not sure if Quinn missed training camp. I am pretty sure he was there. Marcus on the other hand held out the entire camp.

Quinn's 10-day absence from training camp had "all but ensured he will not win the Browns' starting job

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Quinn#Cleveland_Browns

Thats what wikipedia said

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 years, then review draft

3 years is too long. We already knew Tony Mandarich was a flop after the 2nd year. (Hope I didn't bring back any bad memories)

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.. We already knew Tony Mandarich was a flop after the 2nd year. (Hope I didn't bring back any bad memories)

I'm good with it!

But I beleive that 2 years is a fairly good time.

However, there are cases where a player just doesn't fit well in a team's scheme.....may do better elsewhere.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
For a rookie, I haven't heard the announcers saying anything bad or good about Harrell. That probably means he is doing an average job on the line so far. Should only get better with experience.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Harrell has played in numerous games.

Yup and depending on Pickett this Sunday he might even start...

But I say 2 years should be enough time...That is if the guy gets a good amount of time..

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-3 years is a good gauge, as there are so many factors involved: did the kid come out of college early; what position does he play; what type of team/scheme is he with; etc.

Harrell is a really young kid coming back from basically a 1 year lay off, coupled with the fact that GB has great depth on the interior DL led to a slow start. We are seeing some progress, out of necessity late in the year and I would assume the next 2 years will tell the story if he is an average or above average player.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion it would be utterly ludicrous to call Quinn or Russell a bust now.

2-3 years is the right timeframe.

Mandarich is a special case, if you are the best prospect ever at your position and then you are just terrible, you can be judged a bust more quickly. But only because the expectations were so much higher. Mandarich was maybe the greatest bust ever, but he did go on to have an OK career for the Colts. Being a bust is about failed expectations, and with Mandarich the expectations were at least competent play as a rookie with spectacular play soon to follow. Instead, he was awful.

Russell and Quinn were highly touted for their draft class but they aren't anywhere near the kind of prospect Mandarich was, plus they play QB which is a whole different matter. You really can't have expectations for rookie QB play other than that they show the character to take their lumps and improve. You have to give them time.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it all depends on a situation. If a guy doesn't play how can he be called a flop. Phillip Rivers missed out his first 2 years cause he held out in camp and he looks like be be around for a while. Usually it becomes quit clear when a guy won't make it or not

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For QB's, you need at least 30 starts.

RB's need 15 starts.

WR's need 20 starts.

I don't know much about defensive players.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For QB's, you need at least 30 starts.

RB's need 15 starts.

WR's need 20 starts.

I don't know much about defensive players.

This is an interesting take and something that makes sense.

Some positions take more time to develop than others. I think QB and OL take more time. DL and RB need less time. WR and CB probably in the middle. I don't know where I'd put LB, but as soon as Nick Barnett walked on the field in '03, I saw glimpses of greatness. He was already fun to watch in his first year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts