1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What's your opinion of Ryan Grant?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Murgen, Aug 15, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Talent wise no. Production wise, AP gets the nod, but the poor ball handling is a BIG, BIG problem.

I agree that it's very much correctable, but it hasn't been corrected so far.

Fumbling that much, with Grant fumbling so little, closes the gap between the two.

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I agree with those two statements

Didn't A-Rod put up some impressive numbers of running the ball?
    Like wasn't he one of the top rushers?
    If he can rush farther than Grant, then why not let him do it and get the first down?
    They gotta do whatever it takes to win games.
    :happy0005:

3. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Everyone keeps praising him as underrated,etc but really i dont see it. especially with the way the offense is set up and how good the receiving corps is now, i dont think many could stop the passing attack even going all in. All i see time and again is grant running up the middle, hitting the line and falling over for 3 yards. not impressive at all

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    First of all, its not the same. Grab a calculator and you will see Grant has a better per carry avg. Believe it or not they do round numbers lol.

Minn gears the offense in 2 of the 3 seasons towards Peterson while GB has always been a passing style offense. When Minn doesnt have a starting Quality QB of course the RB is going to look better. We target the FB, TE, and WRs on short yardage situations, Minn normally doesnt thus Peterson getting more love in the red zone.

Not being a homer at all, I am just bringing up a fact that Grant avg more yards last season. Is Peterson better? Sure. By much, no not really. I had enough of Ahman Green dropping the ball all the time, Im glad to see a RB

5. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014

7. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +995

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014

9. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273

10. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I can't believe you guys were arguing over .04 yard avg difference between Grant and Peterson.

When you do your FF draft this year and both Grant and Peterson are available who are you taking?

11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273
    I just found out that's what we were arguing about!!! it's rediculous and pointless...LOL!

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    I said if peterson is so much better why does grant have a higher carry avg last yr, which he disputed instead of getting a calculator. I just think Grant doesnt get the respect he deserves and Peterson gets a little too much.

FF and real ftball are very different. Michael Vick was one of the best FF players to have but I wouldnt have wanted him as a starting QB back in the day. But to answer your question I stay away from both for various reasons. Peterson because he keeps declining in yrds per carry and Grant because I dont like to stack my team with packers.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014

14. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Chris Johnson - Already got him.:yahoo:

15. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273
    the calculator disputing .04 is useless to me, b/c the 2 backs are different...do you really want to go by simply yards per carry??? do you have any idea how many players are above that 4.4 average?? based on the point your making, Aaron Rodgers is a BETTER RUSHER THEN BOTH OF THEM let's make him our tailback then...you can't compare apples to oranges & like I said before TALENT is not measured by METRICS

it's a game of inches, I agree, guess what Peterson gets those inches when his number is called upon, I can't say I can rely on Grant to get those same inches Peterson can get

16. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3
    Finally a discussion worth following ...

Errrr ...

Wait a minute ...

LOL !!!!

NOT !!!

Seriously ... come on ... - After all this time away ... this is the best you guys can do ? ...

:club:

17. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I knew I should have put that in there that CJ was gone already because it is a consensus that he is going to be people's #1 pick.

YPC is an ok barometer but you cant solely rely on that number you do have to add in the amount of rushing TD's they had as well.