What's your draft nightmare?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to take every pick in stride this year and hope for the best regardless of who we draft. That being said, there are certain scenarios that would definitely have my blood boiling on the inside. Is there any scenario you would have a hard time accepting?

The most recent one that's kept me up at night is the Packers being much higher on Jalin Hyatt than the rest of the draft community and taking him at #13 overall.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Drafting a qb in rounds one or two creating a controversy.
2. Drafting a player in round one with a notable injury history. The best ability is availability.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I am sitting there, watching the draft and a large gargoyle type creature starts ripping down the front door. I run as fast as I can but the rug is sliding just as fast causing me to stay in same spot Ala Scooby-Doo. I finally get to another room and there is a TV. They are announcing that a Bratwurst famine is spreading across Wisconsin. I walk over and let the gargoyle in, preferring that fate to life without brats.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I am sitting there, watching the draft and a large gargoyle type creature starts ripping down the front door. I run as fast as I can but the rug is sliding just as fast causing me to stay in same spot Ala Scooby-Doo. I finally get to another room and there is a TV. They are announcing that a Bratwurst famine is spreading across Wisconsin. I walk over and let the gargoyle in, preferring that fate to life without brats.
That is oddly specific. Is this a reoccurring nightmare? You may want to talk to someone lol

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hmmm... you win. :roflmao:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have 2 draft scenarios that scare me.

1.) Rodgers fails his physical and the trade is voided and we have to give up MORE picks just to get rid of him

2.) We leave this draft without a rookie QB in the room...JUST in case

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

1.) Rodgers fails his physical and the trade is voided and we have to give up MORE picks just to get rid of him

Riddle me this.
What exactly is the difference between the four 7th round picks, and the dozen UDFA's that will be coming in?

Reaction score

I think it’s a 90% chance we sign a QB in the 7th round at latest or grab a FA

Reaction score
Riddle me this.
What exactly is the difference between the four 7th round picks, and the dozen UDFA's that will be coming in?
Several points

-First Dibbs on UDFA’s (4X). The Donald Drivers and Allen Lazards of College.

-Tom Brady was selected at 199.

-Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy was selected at 262 last season

-There’s a 100 players that will see playing time at some point and that are not drafted. That’s means we get 4 shots to find one.

We also find good ST players in that range also.

It’s a great place to spend a selection on a Day3 that might overachieve

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Several points

-First Dibbs on UDFA’s (4X). The Donald Drivers and Allen Lazards of College.

-Tom Brady was selected at 199.

-Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy was selected at 262 last season

-There’s a 100 players that will see playing time at some point and that are not drafted. That’s means we get 4 shots to find one.

We also find good ST players in that range also.
Correct. 1st dibs on guys all essentially the same. No real difference in athletic ability. Even with 11 draft picks, I expect 2 see a couple of UDFA's on this season's 53 man roster.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fear that Gute trades away multiple picks to move up for a "sure fire stud"... (JSN, edge rusher). Need a lot of holes filled with young talent, imho.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Pokerbrat and Oldschool both beat me in the Amish draft contest. I can handle it if one of them beats me, but not if they both whoop me.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Riddle me this.

Interesting that GB doesn't throw money at UDFA's that some teams do, but from 2011-2021 GB averages 3.4 UDFA starters/yr and only slightly behind Jax, NYJ & NO who throw money at priority UDFA's. For GB the cost is about the same between UDFA & 7th round picks, just no competition signing the picks.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Interesting that GB doesn't throw money at UDFA's that some teams do, but from 2011-2021 GB averages 3.4 UDFA starters/yr and only slightly behind Jax, NYJ & NO who throw money at priority UDFA's. For GB the cost is about the same between UDFA & 7th round picks, just no competition signing the picks.
A while back the Packers had the most UDFAs making the team for a stretch. Doesn't seem like the case lately. But I am sure that weighed into the decision process of an undrafted player - less money but much more likely to make the team.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A while back the Packers had the most UDFAs making the team for a stretch. Doesn't seem like the case lately. But I am sure that weighed into the decision process of an undrafted player - less money but much more likely to make the team.
2020 UDFA's on the 53 (at some point): Krys Barnes-ILB, Tipa Galeai - OLB, Henry Black - S, Patrick Taylor - RB, Allen Lazard-WR, Robert Tonyan, Brian Price - DL, Yosh Nijman-OT and Tyler Lancaster-DL.

2021 UDFA's on the 53 (at some point): Krys Barnes-ILB, Tipa Galeai - OLB, Henry Black - S, and Patrick Taylor - RB, Jack Heflin - DL, Allen Lazard, Tyler Lancaster-DL, Innes Gaines, Robert Tonyan, Yosh Nijman, and Corey Bojorquez.

2022 UDFA's on the 53 (at some point): Krys Barnes-ILB (IR), Tipa Galeai - OLB, Ladarius Hamilton, Allen Lazard, Robert Tonyan, Tyler Lancaster-DL, Innes Gaines, Dallin Leavitt, Yosh Nijman, Eric Wilson and Keishean Nixon.

I'm probably missing a few, but UDFA's play a big role in the ST & depth.

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
That they didn't draft one of these specific TE's: Kincaid (already gone), Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, LaPorta, Kraft, or Schoonmaker.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Gute decides the Ravens' method of supporting a young QB (that is, not at all) is the way to go while ignoring the Bengals' method of supporting a young QB (which was to support him a LOT) is the wrong way to go.

Members online

No members online now.