1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What's with this Weather?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I have officially decided that I am moving to Hawaii as soon as I can realistically afford to do so.. gotta be some of the finest weather on the planet.. now watch a volcano spout off now that I said something..

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We bought some land in Hawaii in the early 80s (my father, not me). Found out later it was right in the path of the lava flow. One eruption, and the land will be covered. No wonder it never went up much in value.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, fo shizzle.

I'm a naturally nice person, and people here think it's an ulterior motive at first. They don't get it. What's worse is women here think I'm hitting on them.

Midwesterners are my favorite people in the world. Naturally nice. No ulterior motives. Genuine in every way. But I can't take the cold.

The reason I'm not worried about quakes is I was in the worst quake in California in my lifetime - the '89 quake. The house shook. I thought I had my amp on too loud. it was a horrible disaster. One person died.

I was in two hurricanes in Texas. Lots of people died and I knew someone who lost over one million dollars in livestock and other people who lost everything and had no insurance. So I'm not dismissing earthquakes, I'm just saying I'd rather be in an earthquake than a tornado or hurricane.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We got lots more rain yesterday.........i just walked a block to the Milwaukee River......the water is higher then i have ever seen. They have metal benches on the "river walk".........they are bolted to the cement walkway........one of them has been torn loose and is sitting up against one of the other benches. They built the half a million dollar condos right there, and have only sold one so far. Now with the flooding, who is gonna want to pay a 500 grand for a place that may flood like that?
    I drove by the little free 3 hole golf course i play on, and it's pretty much submerged. The road you drive in on is litterally under water.
    I think i'll go ask my neighbor Noah how he's doing.......he's been building a boat for awhile now.

5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I dont think you are hitting on woman on here. :) Now living in CA all these years dont know if I can take the cold anymore either. When it gets in the 60's here I am freezing so it will be quite an adjustment for me moving back to WI if and when we decide to move. But I think in time your body adjusts hopefully.

I guess its hard for me to say which is the worst tornados/earthquakes/floods/hurricanes because I have never been in any of them. In the 89 quake didnt more then one person die? I dont know I was living in WI then and just head it on the news.

My heart will always be in WI because I was raised there and my family still lives there which is very hard, because I cant see them when I want to.

I also agree that midwesterns are very genuine people, I miss driving down the street and having people wave at me and I dont even know them. I miss the small towns where everyone knows everyone and they actually care about you. Here in CA everyone is for themselves, they arent as friendly. I cant say that about all of them because I have made some great friends living here.

Also there is so much to do in CA, you can go an hour either way and either be at the ocean or mountains. But everyday is just very stressful, you are always in a hurry it seems. I want to go back to the simple ways of life.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yesterday i went back to the little golf course i play on.......i walked over the little bridge leading to it......the WHOLE THING has been swallowed up by the Milwaukee River. The ONLY patrs that are above water are the greens with the 3 flags on them.
    I took some photos and will try to post them when i get the film processed.