1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

What's with this Weather?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Jun 11, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We've got 7 inches of snow at my school today and another 3-4 on the way. Heat waves back east. A lake in Wisconsin drains because of to much rain. What's going on? The mountains around have been getting blasted since yesterday and are suppossed to get 2-3 feet of new snow by this evening. We're already still at 200% of normal snowpack for June and now we add this.
    Who we gonna blame? :wink:

I blame .....................! (fill in the blank) :lol:

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Shhhhhh... don't get Al Gore going again.. soon he will be saying the states will be nothing more a couple islands with the rest covered in water..

Seriously though.. it is a wierd year.. I wonder what kind of spanish name that this will invoke.. El Nino has been taken already.. :lol:

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was thinking the same thing......Gore can be seen, rubbing his hands together, saying "Oh boy oh boy!!! Now i can make another movie and make lots more money!!!" :roll:
    We can call this summer "EL Vikings" :wink:

Yup Bob........Lake Delton in the Wisconsin Dells area is 90% gone. It washed out the road seperating it from the Wisconsin River, and it drained into it. Took out several homes.
    The Milwaukee River, which is a block from me, is higher then i have ever seen it. The new "River Walk" they built in Grafton is totally submurged.
    It's all just climactic changes, which has happened all along. The climate goes through normal cycles. It's always done that. But of course it's GREAT for all the "The sky is falling" people. Makes them feel like their "doom and gloom" forcasting is right.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But the sky is falling. I had to wash my car again to clean the sky off.

Oh, never mind. That's not the sky. Those are bird droppings.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    we are under a flash flood watch in my neck of the woods and I saw my breath today, on June 11. I would welcome global warming after this. It is also starting to rain.

blame the squirrels that are bugging you.

6. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packer Chick,
    I love your avatar with the firefox eating the Big E. Explorer never works in Mac. I use Firefox exclusively.

7. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pack93Z,
    I like your avatar too (the doggie peeing on the Chicago hydrant). I was told to delete my second siggy. It was a photo of Favre holding up a sign that says F the Bears. I don't know how they did this, but some genius photoshopped sign and put it in Favre's hands. He did a good job with this sign.

I can't believe the crazy weather we're having.

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It stopped snowing here and I took my last class out with shuffle board sticks and we went around knocking snow off the leafy trees. Some of the branches were bent almost to the ground.
    Of course this led to snowball fights but what the heck. Who's had snowball fights in June?

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I blame Chuck Norris!! With every push up...Chuck does not push himself away from Earth, he pushes Earth away from him....he moves Earth incrementally further from the sun, thus the colder weather. His lifetime of fitness, and general *** kickin' ways, have doomed mankind!!

Damn you Chuck Norris!!!!

10. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I can see Bob now..

[​IMG]

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're a Mac girl?

:babe:

I got 2 of 'em.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Makes me glad evolution isn't true.............can you imagine what your car would look like if cows could fly??? :shock: :lol:

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When I was a kid, we used to do this one skit and the lyrics of it went like this:

Birdie birdie in the sky
    Whoops he got me in the eye
    Gee I'm glad that cows can't fly

Deep stuff there for a kid in 1st or 2nd grade. Dang, I wish I could go back to that time period. Being an adult sucks. Now we talk about our back pains, our knee pains, inflation, how our investments keep sinking, how the price of gas keeps going up, how expensive milk has become, who is getting divorced, etc. Not fun stuff.

14. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I like a Mac standing alone.. but joined to a Microsoft network sucks.. we use one in the marketing and graphics department.. pain in the arse.

15. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never considered that. Explains a LOT!

16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks. IE7 is so slow coming up. Im attached to Firefox. Glad you like it.

17. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The weather here in Iowa is fairing no better. Luckily the river here in my town is actually going down now. It's about 4 feet above flood stage, but has been going down since Tuesday. 20 miles north in Iowa City is another story. The Iowa River isn't expected to crest until the 20th, and Cedar Rapids has inacted it's 500 Year flood plan. Most of downtown Cedar Rapids is shut down, and the most of the U of I campus in Iowa City could be under a few feet of water next week. When we had the huge flood in '93 my town was under about a foot and a half of water, but we've been spared from the worst of this flood, but other towns have been completely evacuated. Just got a bunch more rain today, but it looks like we finally might get a few days with no rain this coming week.

18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The words Microsoft and network shouldn't be used in the same sentence. That's a disaster waiting to happen right there.

19. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Its a horrible story about the boy scouts killed in the tornado. My thoughts are with their loved ones.

20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I don't get when leaving California is everyone in the country always says "how could you live in California with all those earthquakes?"

I'll take an earthquake any day of the week over what the rest of the country has. I can't imagine the feeling of dying in a tornado. You know the tornado is coming. You have crappy weather leading up to the tornado. Then it starts ripping apart the place where you're trying to hide from the tornado, then it pulls you up and you die.

I wouldn't wish that death on anyone. That's horrible.

I've been through a tornado warning in Missouri where we had to stay in the basement with a radio and hope and pray it won't come our way. That sucked. Also was in one outside of Austin, Texas in the car and we were keeping an eye out for it, trying to figure out where it was and driving as fast as it was safe to get out of that area.

I've been in two hurricanes in Texas, and one blizzard in Colorado. Give me an earthquake any day of the week.

The 1989 quake, the big deal everyone made that scared people about California. One person died. As long as you don't die in the Earthquake, it's all good. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc., all destroy everything in their path, including your home and all your possessions. My wife has zero possessions before the 90s because they were lost in a flood.

Plus, snow is something you DRIVE to. You don't get stuck in it here. It is not an inconvenience. It is a pleasure. It is something you go to ski or snowboard or sled or throw at your friends. For half the country, it is a pain in the rear.

21. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Now we got fog up here and it is June 12

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Rain.........more rain......and more rain. Like a broken record!
    Today we went to visit my wife's friend, who had carpel tunnel surgery on BOTH wrists this morning. That took up most of our day.

23. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its getting worse here. The flooding in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids is absolutely ridiculous. The river where I live was going down, but it's gone up 4 feet in the last 12 hours and it's still rising. Not to mention the line of storms that have been going through all day and are still coming. They're saying we haven't even seen the worst of the flooding yet, especially in Iowa City. It's just awful. In Cedar Rapids, the river is expected to crest 11 feet above the record depth. Lots of people I know are having to evacuate. t's just hard to wrap my head around the whole thing.

24. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Another news flash:

Its Friday the 13th, and the sun is out for the time being anyway.

25. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Earthquakes can destroy as well, a while ago we experienced a 3.9 and I just sat in my chair watching the pictures on the wall move back and forth, I was scared to death, I cant think of having a bigger one hit CA. Tornados are predicted you know for the most where one is. So you have time to take cover, with an earthquake you have no clue when they come and how strong they will be. I would take tornado weather over earthquakes anyday. I miss the thunder, lightening and the brown/green skies. I miss that smell after a summer rain.

Now for the snow, I agree with you Zombie you do drive to snow here if you want to see it experience it or miss it. I for one dont drive to see it, I can see it on the mountains from my house which is so far good enough for me. I love to be able to get into my car in the middle of winter and not worry about a snow storm and driving in it. You cannot beat CA weather, but I would rather live in WI with down to earth people and Packer fans anyday. People here in CA are not as friendly as in WI, I cannot say they are all unfriendly but its just not the same. Im ready to move back to WI anytime.