Whats with all the Crosby hate.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I agree, it is the boards. I think thats how being a fan works, when one player screw up, that player is the talk of the board, but I bet if next week vs my little brothers Lions, if we win because of 2 Mason Crosby kicks, or a game winning kick, most of the people talking about how bad he is, will be praising him.
I was gonna bring up that fumble, 12 himself said he thinks they lost because of the fumble. Next week win or lose there will be another scapegoat for the boards to talk about.
:detsux:

:good: Thats what I was trying to say!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I agree, it is the boards. I think thats how being a fan works, when one player screw up, that player is the talk of the board, but I bet if next week vs my little brothers Lions, if we win because of 2 Mason Crosby kicks, or a game winning kick, most of the people talking about how bad he is, will be praising him.
I was gonna bring up that fumble, 12 himself said he thinks they lost because of the fumble. Next week win or lose there will be another scapegoat for the boards to talk about.

He's not a "scapegoat"...we won the game. I think people here have been concerned with Crosby for a long time. I know I get nervous every single time he lines up for 3 points. The consistency just isn't there and to pay someone as much as the NFL does, he should be hitting those shorter kicks.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a "scapegoat"...we won the game. I think people here have been concerned with Crosby for a long time. I know I get nervous every single time he lines up for 3 points. The consistency just isn't there and to pay someone as much as the NFL does, he should be hitting those shorter kicks.

Do you think we should just give up on Mason?
Should we not let him work this issue out, just let him go in we go sign a 35yr old kicker whom is a FA because of the same thing, or waste a draft pick we can use for depth?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He IS yet young and has some growing to do. If we cut him, another team picks him up and with our luck within that season Crosby will start hitting 60 yarders with the greatest of ease. I've seen potential in him, T.T. must be keeping him around because he sees something in him and how many times in this year alone have we wanted to throw T.T. under the bus and it turns out he was right? I'm going to have some faith here in Crosby, if in another couple of years his stats and inconsistencies remain the same, then I say maybe he is a dud and cut him. Also he is hardly the only FG kicker to of missed FGs and game winners this year. I agree his hasn't had the best of seasons but if we do that to every player on the roster who was struggling at one time or another, we wouldn't have a team. Maybe as somebody suggested, his problems are more mental, but still that is no excuse.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow he misses one kick and everyone wants him cut, Why?

Its one kick, Im not going to say any more lol

He IS yet young and has some growing to do. If we cut him, another team picks him up and with our luck within that season Crosby will start hitting 60 yarders with the greatest of ease. I've seen potential in him, T.T. must be keeping him around because he sees something in him and how many times in this year alone have we wanted to throw T.T. under the bus and it turns out he was right? I'm going to have some faith here in Crosby, if in another couple of years his stats and inconsistencies remain the same, then I say maybe he is a dud and cut him. Also he is hardly the only FG kicker to of missed FGs and game winners this year. I agree his hasn't had the best of seasons but if we do that to every player on the roster who was struggling at one time or another, we wouldn't have a team. Maybe as somebody suggested, his problems are more mental, but still that is no excuse.

Thank you for the both of you, this is what I'm saying.
Mason is young and has potential, yet some are throwing him under the bus, give the guy a break and have faith.:detsux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay... WHO? Give me names. Don't give me any of that "anybody would be better BS." If you have anyone in mind, who are they?

I don't play the "Anybody else would be better" game, because I don't believe it and it drives me nuts when others do it.

I honestly think we need to bring in someone new. I don't follow college football too closely, so I'll defer to our scouting department for that. All I know is Crosby hasn't "Just missed one kick" this year. He's missed several, and a few of those have cost us an opportunity to win at least two games THIS season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers kicker, whom is called one of the most accurate, missed 3 field goals last season in the playoffs. Now we, I mean you are talking about this season, this was the playoffs. Everyone thought the Chargers would trade Nate (there kicker), but they didn't.
Have some faith in the guy, I understand everything you are talking about, but how often do our team end up needing a gaming winning field goal? We have 4 lost because of lack of running, and a few injury woes, not because of our kicker.

Bullsh*t. TWO of our losses THIS year are CAN be attributed to Mason missing a FG. Vs. the Redskins he missed two. That game never should have gone to overtime, and if he makes them, it doesn't.

IIRC he missed one FG vs. Chicago and had another one blocked. How much did we lose that game by?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

^^This

If you were to go back and look at my commenting history, I have been one of the more patient posters on this board. I've even been patient with Mason.

Not any more. He missed a chip shot yesterday. No excuse for that. He missed it. He makes me nervous every time he lines up for a kick because I have no faith he's going to make it. He's cost us way too many times over his 4 year career.

Time to move on.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People said the same stuff about Longwell after 2001 when he only made 64% of his kicks.... yes 64%! Crosby is fine. Someone made the asinine suggestion to trade a first round pick for Billy Cundiff. WTF?! ANY kicker can have a down year. Even the undisputedly great Morten Anderson had 8 sub-78% seasons. Elam had 6. Vinatieri has had 2. Akers has had 3. Jacke only had 2 season over 78% and we won a Super Bowl with him.

The point is that Crosby is too young to give up on because of a couple sub-78% seasons, and he could still get over that threshold in the last 4 games of this season.

He has NEVER had a good season.

2007 - 24th in the league
2008 - 26th in the league
2009 - 25th in the league
2010 - 27th in the league

perhaps we are starting to see a trend....

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whoa nelly! Looking at those stats is not that encouraging. It looks like he is going to have a similar season this year if he doesn't change. That's 4 years though and he's actually gotten worse. I like to be fair and patient but I have to be honest and look at the greater interest and good of the team. I really do like Crosby, and I hope he improves soon, 4 years, I still consider him young but they won't keep him here if he doesn't show any signs of improvement. I still see potential in him, I'm not yet ready to give up but the Packers will give up on him if he continues down that path.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Whoa nelly! Looking at those stats is not that encouraging. It looks like he is going to have a similar season this year if he doesn't change. That's 4 years though and he's actually gotten worse. I like to be fair and patient but I have to be honest and look at the greater interest and good of the team. I really do like Crosby, and I hope he improves soon, 4 years, I still consider him young but they won't keep him here if he doesn't show any signs of improvement. I still see potential in him, I'm not yet ready to give up but the Packers will give up on him if he continues down that path.

Consider it this way: yes he's young and yes he has potential. But potential for what? If he has potential to kick it out of the back of the end zone 75% of the time and make 50 yard field goals if the situation is there, do we forgive the chip shots that he misses and the kickoffs that fly out of bounds? How long do we wait for consistency? I'd much rather have a consistent kicker who can't hit long shots but makes all of his short ones.

And for those who bring up Kaeding from San Diego, when's the last time they made it to the super bowl? I'm not saying it's his fault that they lose playoff games, but you can't use their situation to compare to ours, somethings wrong with that organization.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think this says it all right here. He is no Longwell, who missed his first 3 kicks in one game at HOME iirc and was booed for each one. His 4th(or 3rd) that game was right thru the middle and the place went nuts and he had a great career. Crosby has had his chance and hasnt performed. Imagine if half of the kick offs had been into the endzone, how many would have only been touchbacks rather than 35yrd returns from the 12. I say this because one of the big arguments for the guy usually is "Hes got a huge leg" which hasnt shown up AT ALL this year in the Regular Season. We need to realize hes nothing special and find someone who is, and like SpartaChris I dont follow College Ball so Ill let TT and the Scouting Team decide who to get, but let it be someone other ( and hopefully better (but really how hard is it to be better than 27th best)) than Crosby next year.

And Ive been ready to kick him off the team since last years constant 3pt losing games so its not an "OMG he missed a random easy kick he has to go" from me.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^This

If you were to go back and look at my commenting history, I have been one of the more patient posters on this board. I've even been patient with Mason.

Not any more. He missed a chip shot yesterday. No excuse for that. He missed it. He makes me nervous every time he lines up for a kick because I have no faith he's going to make it. He's cost us way too many times over his 4 year career.

Time to move on.
At the Redskins game with my dad I kept saying over and over "Oh god do NOT put it on the foot of Crosby" and sure enough it came down to a missed FG to put us into overtime. Now there are a few reasons we lost that game and it can be put at any number of peoples feet, but time and time again we lose games where Crosby either missed a FG early or cant get that last minute FG to put us over the top.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider it this way: yes he's young and yes he has potential. But potential for what? If he has potential to kick it out of the back of the end zone 75% of the time and make 50 yard field goals if the situation is there, do we forgive the chip shots that he misses and the kickoffs that fly out of the end zone? How long do we wait for consistency? I'd much rather have a consistent kicker who can't hit long shots but makes all of his short ones.

I'm considering that now. How long are we willing to wait for his potential to manifest if indeed it ever does. I'm not trying to play both sides against the middle here, I'm just trying to look at it from all angles and be fair to both Crosby and the team. The simple fact is not a lot of people are going to be wondering about what Crosby is going to be doing 2 years from now, they are worried about what he is doing right now. The bottom line is, he is going to have to start to improve and soon. You have to think the coaches and owners are going to be looking at these stats and numbers and asking themselves the same questions. You can win and lose games based on your kickers. When you are playing a field position game, as we did with Mastay in the Jets game, Mastay was a HUGE part of why we won that game. Then at the opposite end you have Crosby in the Redskins game. Consider we have lost all four of our games by 3 points. Granted we can't lay all the blame on Crosby's feet but at the end of the day, it always comes down to who scored the most points regardless of how everyone individually played their parts. If I were the owner, I'd give Crosby the end of this season and perhaps next year to show something otherwise we cut our losses and hope he doesn't come back to haunt the hell our of us.

Funny thing is there have been a lot more missed FG's all over the league this year than I can remember for a long time. Just last night Dallas's kicker missed one (not sure how many yards but it wasn't a lot) at the half and got the wrath of Kitna. Poor Kitna marching his offense all the way down the field to come away with no points because of a missed FG. There have been a host of other misses FGs to. Akers for Phily has missed several and that is not like him at all.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were the owner, I'd give Crosby the end of this season and perhaps next year to show something otherwise we cut our losses and hope he doesn't come back to haunt the hell our of us.

Give him to the end of the year and make him Fight for his job next year is the way I say to go with it. Maybe knowing he wont be here next year may help.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People said the same stuff about Longwell after 2001 when he only made 64% of his kicks.... yes 64%! Crosby is fine. Someone made the asinine suggestion to trade a first round pick for Billy Cundiff. WTF?! ANY kicker can have a down year. Even the undisputedly great Morten Anderson had 8 sub-78% seasons. Elam had 6. Vinatieri has had 2. Akers has had 3. Jacke only had 2 season over 78% and we won a Super Bowl with him.

The point is that Crosby is too young to give up on because of a couple sub-78% seasons, and he could still get over that threshold in the last 4 games of this season.

If Crosby starts hitting multiple SB winning kicks I will write TT a letter begging him to sign him to a 10 year contract. But since thats not going to happen he needs to leave. Sooner than later.

Justin Harrell > Mason Crosby.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the amount hes getting paid, i dont think he produces how he should. They say he has a strong leg but y on the kick offs he only makes it to the 10yrd line instead of kicking touchbacks. Really to me it comes down to, do you trust crosby with the game on the line??? I DONT.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bullsh*t. TWO of our losses THIS year are CAN be attributed to Mason missing a FG. Vs. the Redskins he missed two. That game never should have gone to overtime, and if he makes them, it doesn't.

IIRC he missed one FG vs. Chicago and had another one blocked. How much did we lose that game by?

I think you'll find that nearly every kicker that ever played missed FGs in a few close games. That's just the way it is. Switching kickers will NOT change that.

BTW, I think you'll find that Crosby is responsible for all 9 points which beat the Jets this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts