what's the plan if Brett retires?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's my understanding that Brett is leaning towards retirement and Nall is testing the market. That leaves the pack with one unproven qb. It also leaves the mangement with the dilemma of either going for a 3rd string qb or a 3rd string and a starting qb incase Rodgers can't hack it.
I know I'm just a stupid lions fan, but I think Farve has been really selfish about making his decision. In my opinion, no starting quality qb will want to come to Green Bay not knowing if Farve will be back. That leaves you with Rodgers, a backup qb, or a second rate starting qb. It also really ties the hands of the packers as far as not knowing whether they are looking for Farves replacement or his back-up.
Farve is putting this team in a lose lose situation right now. They can make no plans regarding what to do at qb because they don't know if they can depend on him or not. Then if they did happen to get a good starter and brett doesn't retire they've just wasted cap space on two starting qb's and last years first round pick.
If it were up to me and he hadn't made up his mind by now, I'd tell him if he didn't have a decision by last saturday (start of free agency) then we wouldn't have a place for him on the team. He owes it to the rest of his teammates to make up his mind sometime soon.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
I know I'm just a stupid lions fan, but I think Farve has been really selfish about making his decision. In my opinion, no starting quality qb will want to come to Green Bay not knowing if Farve will be back. That leaves you with Rodgers, a backup qb, or a second rate starting qb. It also really ties the hands of the packers as far as not knowing whether they are looking for Farves replacement or his back-up.
Farve is putting this team in a lose lose situation right now. They can make no plans regarding what to do at qb because they don't know if they can depend on him or not. Then if they did happen to get a good starter and brett doesn't retire they've just wasted cap space on two starting qb's and last years first round pick.

I agree, and have said this multiple times. And because of that I have been labeled an "ingrate" and a "blind TT lover." Having common sense around here can be dangerous.

Is favre going to the hall of fame? Yes
Is favre my favorite QB of all time? Yes
Is favre being selfish here and hurting the Packers? Yes

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I agree, and have said this multiple times. And because of that I have been labeled an "ingrate" and a "blind TT lover." Having common sense around here can be dangerous.

Is favre going to the hall of fame? Yes
Is favre my favorite QB of all time? Yes

Has favre earned the right to decide if he wants to play based on whether he's going to get killed again like last season? Yes
Would I do the same thing in his shoes? Yes

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at least you admit hes being selfish, others wont even go THAT far..

but people want to blame MM\TT for the lack of FA moves? How about the fact they dont know if their HoF QB is coming back or not...you dont think that has ANYTHING to do with their decisions....cmon...use your heads.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't build an airplane around the pilot. Ask Detroit. Having Favre delay his decision allows us to build up the team regardless of the QB situation. We can address the OL the DL, etc...Soon enough we will see how this craft will look before we sit someone in the pilots seat. It does us no good to have Favre sitting in a crop duster. Hopefully we'll have constructed some stealth fighter or an F-18, then regardless of pilot, we'll be able to operate!

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sad part is you'd think a hall of fame qb would put the needs of the team first. The packers NEED to know if he's coming back. No one is forcing him to come back, no one is forcing him to retire. He is being ridiculous taking this long to decide.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
You don't build an airplane around the pilot. Ask Detroit. Having Favre delay his decision allows us to build up the team regardless of the QB situation. We can address the OL the DL, etc...Soon enough we will see how this craft will look before we sit someone in the pilots seat. It does us no good to have Favre sitting in a crop duster. Hopefully we'll have constructed some stealth fighter or an F-18, then regardless of pilot, we'll be able to operate!

Horrible Analogy (imo)

You have to build certain things around certain people. Now regardless of the QB, you will need a good O-line and a solid running game. But what about the QBs preferences. Favre likes BIG WR's, so getting him small speed Wrs like Dante Hall wouldn't be the best idea, no matter how good they were. Favre likes to toss it up and let the WR come down with it. This is just one example of why I(just me though) dont like that analogy one bit.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:

No......but you don't let "wrong way Feldman" fly a 747 either! If you have a good team, and a lousy QB, you probably won't go far.
So i guess i agree with Trom!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wanna be a good fan an say take all the time you need. It's hard though. I think the team should know right away, hell maybe they already know and are playing their poker hand.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:

but people want to blame MM\TT for the lack of FA moves? How about the fact they dont know if their HoF QB is coming back or not...you dont think that has ANYTHING to do with their decisions....cmon...use your heads.

This..is a ridiculous quote...

Who died and made TT god..TT-romadz..???

If TT is committed to WINNING NOW...then he should show his HOF QB (who...by the way..gives the Pack the best opportunity of doing just that--winning now..) that he is committed to it..by making some moves in FA that would communicate this to Favre....

Instead..it seems that TT is taking his sweet-*** time and giving a big f*** y** to #4 by his actions....(or inactions) in free agency and otherwise....

imo...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre retires that puts us in a similar situation as the Lions..

Seriously I think Aaron Rodgers could turn out to be the next Joey Harrington which gives me this sick feeling.

The longer this wait goes though the more I think Favre wants to come back.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
The sad part is you'd think a hall of fame qb would put the needs of the team first. The packers NEED to know if he's coming back. No one is forcing him to come back, no one is forcing him to retire. He is being ridiculous taking this long to decide.

It is ridiculous that TT has not done "anything" to show Brett that he is willing to get the team ready to be competitive for this season ( and you wonder why Brett is taking his time ) ?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

If TT is committed to WINNING NOW...then he should show his HOF QB (who...by the way..gives the Pack the best opportunity of doing just that--winning now..) that he is committed to it..by making some moves in FA that would communicate this to Favre....

Instead..it seems that TT is taking his sweet-*** time and giving a big f*** y** to #4 by his actions....(or inactions) in free agency and otherwise....

imo...

im gonna save this thread when i get home (im at work) because this is exactly the 'thought process' ive been ranting about. There are actually stupid people, VERY stupid, KILL YOURSELF stupid people that believe that TT is going to sit on 30 million dollars and not even show up to the draft. Hi, Mr. *******, TT will spend that money. I think he knows we have needs, and I think he knows we have the money. I think he knows we have good draft position in April. And Pack66, You think...well....you don't think, that's your problem entirely. Your football fandom revolves around Brett Favre and not the team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

imo...

im gonna save this thread when i get home (im at work) because this is exactly the 'thought process' ive been ranting about. There are actually stupid people, VERY stupid, KILL YOURSELF stupid people that believe that TT is going to sit on 30 million dollars and not even show up to the draft. Hi, Mr. *******, TT will spend that money. I think he knows we have needs, and I think he knows we have the money. I think he knows we have good draft position in April. And Pack66, You think...well....you don't think, that's your problem entirely. Your football fandom revolves around Brett Favre and not the team.

"kill yourself stupid people"? WOW the criticism aimed at "your Daddy" is really making you crack, isn't it? Favre has pretty much told TT that if he went out and did well in free agency he would be back. If TT can read between the lines AND IF he wants Favre back he would be doing all he can. Again before you call me something real witty ....like stupid.....I'm not ripping TT yet. He still has time to pull through, but your defense and unbelievable blind faith in TT gives me a little chuckle. Thanks.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually he isnt really hurting us because even if he does retire we have to give rodgers a shot. i mean he was projected as a top 5 pick

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AND if TT actually did those things, "I" would hate TT as much as you guys do now. This is the green bay packers, not the green bay favres.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually anyone who is mad and saying TT isnt spending money could you wait a little bit jeez FA gency just started. And guess what people are overpaying right now maybe thats why he hasnt grabbed and not thought. look at this week already a gurd and center are the highest payed in NFL history. the signings will come. maybe not huge signings but they will come.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they arent trying to hear common sense, gopackgo. its witch hunt time.

common sense isn't so common

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="cheeseyNo......but you don't let "wrong way Feldman" fly a 747 either! If you have a good team, and a lousy QB, you probably won't go far.
So i guess i agree with Trom![/quote]

Bullsh!T. Who was QB'ing when Ravens won the SB? They won with RB,OL and D. The QB was asked not to make any mistakes. Is Ben R that awesome of a QB? He's O.K. with a great OL, run game and Defense. Tom Brady is about the last decent QB to win a SB, but guess what...they had a good OL and D. Build that plane my friends!!!!

Members online

Latest posts