What's life really like in Green Bay?

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it is pretty quiet outside the bar scene. Most every one in town needs to get up for work in the morning.

Yes........Have to get up early to milk the cows.

4:30 am.......Time for milking !

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greenbay must be a great place to be tonight. Go pack go
I used to live in Mississippi. 13.5 hours from Green Bay WI. My wife & I moved here to be closer to the Packers. I enjoy living here in Green Bay. Pretty much every place closes by 9pm since it's a small city but a nice place to live

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like a ghost town during game day. I go to an occasional game but for those who either don't like football or want to shop that's the time to do it

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It's like a ghost town during game day. I go to an occasional game but for those who either don't like football or want to shop that's the time to do it
Historically my wife has done a majority of her shopping on game day. She just avoids the parking hassles of the places near the stadium on home games. Most clubs and churches schedule around the game times. Wonder how well attended the prayer marathon at my church was this last Sunday evening. Packers weren't the subject of it I don't think. Maybe they should have been. :whistling:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yes........Have to get up early to milk the cows.

4:30 am.......Time for milking !

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Is this supposed to be freekin' funny?? :laugh: Sheesus H, 4:30 WAS milking time when I was growing up...and yeah, I can still milk a cow bare handed and hit a barn cat from 10 feet away. (Did it just last week at my cousin's farm). I don't milk cows anymore ... but still wake up at 4:30 nearly every morning -- without an alarm clock. Grrrr... :sleep:

Brit Pack... Green Bay is just like every other small town that has an NFL team ... oh.... wait.... :sneaky:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

When I went to Green Bay, I was amazed at how pleasant and helpful everybody was, I even wrote to the Green Bay Gazette about it. They were that nice they actually rang me at home to ask if they could print it, and then sent me a free copy of the paper.......Then I met you lot and realized how deluded I was.....:laugh:

Sky King

Reaction score
When I went to Green Bay, I was amazed at how pleasant and helpful everybody was, I even wrote to the Green Bay Gazette about it. They were that nice they actually rang me at home to ask if they could print it, and then sent me a free copy of the paper.......Then I met you lot and realized how deluded I was.....:laugh:
We got you right where we wanted you. Now, beware. :cautious:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Milking a cow is a right of passage for a true WI born boy or girl. Last hand-milked "Pearl", "Cleo" and "Patsy" over 50 years ago. That was just before the grandparents sold what was still left of the farm.
My duty in high school was to get up every morning to hand milk "Daisy" then "April" while my younger brothers did the feeding and watering. We only had one to milk at any time. Got about a gallon and a half every milking. Twice a day. Couldn't drink it fast enough. Even cats get tired of whole cream after a while.

Sky King

Reaction score
My duty in high school was to get up every morning to hand milk "Daisy" then "April" while my younger brothers did the feeding and watering. We only had one to milk at any time. Got about a gallon and a half every milking. Twice a day. Couldn't drink it fast enough. Even cats get tired of whole cream after a while.
There's nothing quite as refreshing as a genuinely fresh glass of milk. :)

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you pasteurize the milk ?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

That would most certainly get me killed. Daisy is my dog and April is my daughter in law....:eek:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Milking a cow is a right of passage for a true WI born boy or girl. Last hand-milked "Pearl", "Cleo" and "Patsy" over 50 years ago. That was just before the grandparents sold what was still left of the farm.
Also...tricking the city kids into milking the bull. Speaking of which, I come from a family of 9 children. My grandfather always named his bulls after my Dad...until my Aunt Gladys got married as she and my uncle that God was pointing directly at them when he said "Go forth. Be fruitful and multiply"

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Also...tricking the city kids into milking the bull. Speaking of which, I come from a family of 9 children. My grandfather always named his bulls after my Dad...until my Aunt Gladys got married as she and my uncle that God was pointing directly at them when he said "Go forth. Be fruitful and multiply"

I think I was 9 before I even saw a cow in person :eek:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No. Just run it through a milk filter to get the straw and other specks out. Skim the cream sometimes. Otherwise just let it float into the glass.

The way milk was meant to be drank!

I get my eggs fresh from a local guy, unwashed. They go in an unrefrigerated drawer until I want a few. People still freak out when I tell them where my eggs are stored.

Members online

Latest posts