Whatever happened to Lynn ****ey ?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was on our practise squad last year. Probably just too small. 5'11" guys just don't play QB in the NFL. He might have a career in the CFL though.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 66. There was a Quartertback on the '05 Packer training camp squad. J.T. O'Sullivan, 4 year NFL veteran obtained from a trade with New Orleans Saints. in that trade Mike McKennzie was sent to the Saints. O'Sullivan was cut from Packer team on last cut before the "05 season begun. J.T. graduated from U of Cal - Davis He is 6'2'' and weighs 227 lbs and is 25 years old. Scott McBrien was a free agent rookie from Maryland and was cut in one of the first player cuts of '05 Packer Tra1ning camp.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yooper fan- Jerry Tagge was born in Green Bay and played Quarterback for Green Bay West High School "Wildcats" and then played for Nebraska, as some other excellent Green Bay West High football players also did thru the years.. The Nebraska "Huskers" were known as a running team for many years until last couple of years. Jerry Tagge was predominately a running Quarter back for Nebraska. I certainly would not say he had feet of concrete. Jerry Tagge did alright running the football for the "Huskers" I don't think Tagge was not known as a great passer, because the Nebraska "Huskers" did not pass much. Jerry Tagge was drafted in very low round of NFL draft (first round, I think but not positive) by the Packers. I think the Nebraska team he was on, was a very good
team, as Nebraska usually had very powerful teams for many years

It was said by some in GB, because Tagge's high profile status of playing in his home town of Green Bay as QB for the Packers, was perhaps the worst place for him to play. It was was a rumor, that there were too many distractions in Green Bay for him to concentrate on his development as a successful all around Quarterback for the Packers... -

Then again Tagge may never really had the talent to develop into a successful Packer QB. Tagge was soon no longer on the Packer team.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any one mention Scott Hunter. Pack had a history under Holmgren of drafting a QB every year with idea they were usually smart or athletic and could play other positions.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PTW,
You are right, Tagge was taken in the 1st round with the Packers 2nd of 2 picks they had in the 1st round.
Willie Buchanon was the "A" pick.
Too bad Tagge didn't blossom into a star for the Pack, That would have been a real cinderella story; hometown boy does good.
Whatever became of him?

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great reliving ****et's career reading these posts!! He had tremendous courage and he was cool as a bank robber. Like everybody else said he threw a beautiful long ball and watching Lofton catch it was magical. He also made me appreciate how debilitating football can be.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kinda looks like Mac Davis...

don't ya' think?

Oh my god! You are right! I am sure that half of the people here have no clue as to who Mac Davis is.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Girl your gettin that look in your eyes...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott "Mac" Davis was born Jan. 21, 1942 in Lubbock, Texas. During his early years in the music business, he lived in Atlanta, where he played in a rock & roll band and worked as a regional manager for Vee-Jay Records. Although he had enjoyed a measure of songwriting achievement before, his big breakthrough occurred in 1969-70 when Elvis Presley turned three of his songs-"In The Ghetto," "Memories" and "Don't Cry Daddy"-into pop hits.

Davis followed these successes with "Everything A Man Could Ever Need" (a hit for Glen Campbell), "Something's Burning" (Kenny Rogers & The First Edition), "Watching Scotty Grow" (Bobby Goldsboro) and "I Believe In Music" (Gallery).

In 1972, Davis scored his first No. 1 pop hit as a singer in 1972 with his own composition, "Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me." Over the next several years, he adorned the pop and country charts with such self-penned efforts as "Stop And Smell The Roses," "It's Hard To Be Humble," "Texas In My Rear View Mirror" and "Hooked On Music." From 1974-76, he hosted and starred in his own musical variety series on NBC-TV. He also acted in such movies as North Dallas Forty (1979), Cheaper To Keep Her (1980) and The Sting II (1983). He played the title role in the Broadway production of The Will Rogers Follies.

Source :)

Members online

Latest posts