Whatever happened to Lynn ****ey ?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kinda looks like Mac Davis...

don't ya' think?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynn ****ey - probably the most accurate Passer, the Packers have ever had.

I'll help with the search...
Used to be a web site called: Wherearetheynow.com - but it's died off...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynn ****ey--Could be living in Kansas City Mo. Near the end of his football career Lynn stuck all his money in a Kansas City Restaurant .Lynn had one of his college friends running the business for him. His friend ran it into the ground, Lynn's money was gone (est. $900,000 )and business went bankrupt. Lynn ****ey found himself still oweing unpaid federal, State, & local taxes for the business . This happened at end of football career and that was his retirement money in the bankrupted Restaurant business.

I think in his retirement, Lynn ****ey is working in KC, but I can't recall what he was doing but it could have be in sales. Every once in a while, we in Green Bay hear a story about him or an interview with Lynn ****ey. I know he was on the autograph circuit for a while.

Lynn ****ey probably was one of the most accurate long passers in Packer history. Lynn was not a mobile QB. The Packer offensive line if I remember wasn't the best at protecting him, but ****ey's lack of mobility didn't help his cause either.

****ey was sacked often and had some injuries (broken leg Etc )during his career in GB. In fact ,Lynn had a broken hip while at Houston playing for the Oilers. Lynn recovered from that serious injury and he was traded to the Packers. During that very mostly losing Packer teams era of 1968 to 1991. If I remember correctly, Lynn ****ey and "The majik man" Don Majikowski were the most effective Quarter backs the Packers had during that very long era.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He retired from professional football after the 1985 season and relocated to the Greater Kansas City area where he opened a football-themed restaurant. After a business partner was found to be unethical, he left the restaurant business for a career in public relations. ****ey has three grown daughters and resides in Leawood.

Source

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When people talk of Lynn ****ey - they always refer to his knees....
Hope the guy can walk normal.

But, that '83 Season was pretty damned amazing, eh?
4458 yards and 32 (count 'em) Touchdowns..... WOW!

OP
OP
O

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone . This is why i like this site , i can find out alot about the Pack . :packbeer:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rob Reimer said:
who were the other Quarterbacks for the Pack, dating back to Bart Starr? Can anybody help a brother out?

I know of David Whitehurst, Randy Wright, Don Majkowski, John Hadl, Scott Hunter et al.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget good ol' TJ Rubley!!! I was at the game in the Metrodome when Favre and Detmer both got hurt....Rubley sucked!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I met ****ey in 1984 at the Vince Lombardi golf tournament. I got his autograph. He was at Fan Fest last year too. I got his picture, but not his autograph there.

Alot of people don't know, Carlos Brown, who was a Packer QB in 1975-1976, is now actor Alan Autrey! He co stared in the TV show "In the heat of the night" He played the part of "Bubba Skinner" (With Carrol O'Conner) and he played the tough guy "Slug" in the movie "Popeye" (starring Robin Williams).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynn ****y is one of the MOST overlooked long-ball throwers in NFL history....damn he threw a beautiful ball. If only those teams had any resemblence of a defense to help the cause.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
aaaughh..

Don't forget Anthony Dilweg....

He was awful...just AWFUL....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about that Rich Campbell........the last QB we selected in the first round...out of California. Damn we better have better luck with this one.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What about that little Lefty from Delaware?

Some Irish kid....What was his name?

He looked pretty good....

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember ****ey, we got him from Houston who also had Dan Pastorini at the time. Also remember Robbie Bosco who was the next great QB to come out of BYU but was short and injury prone and didn't last long. I also don't see any mention of Jerry Tagge.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I remember ****ey, we got him from Houston who also had Dan Pastorini at the time. Also remember Robbie Bosco who was the next great QB to come out of BYU but was short and injury prone and did
n't last long. I also don't see any mention of Jerry Tagge.

Oh yeah, Tagge drafted in 1972 out of Nebraska. He was another CAN'T miss QB according to all the experts. He was big, had a powerful arm but he moved like he was wearing cement boots.
Also don't forget Kyle Wachholtz, now there was one QB Mike Holmgren couldn't affect.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
What about that little Lefty from Delaware?

Some Irish kid....What was his name?

He looked pretty good....

Delaware had three QB's go pro back then but I don't think any of them played for Green Bay. Jeff Komlo, Scott Brunner and Rich Gannon.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No Depack..

THIS YEAR..the Packers had the kid on the squad but cut him....

He was kind of the short side...like a young Doug Flutie...

southpaw...I think...

do you remember his name...

Mc...something..i think?

Members online

Latest posts