Whatever happened to - Chester Marcol

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers's kicker on the '72 team that won the Central Division with a 10-4 record . He set a record ( at that time ) for most FG's made in a season ( 33) i believe .

GO PACK :jumpsmile:

OP
OP
O

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chester Marcol

he had a fg blocked and then ran it in for a td and then no one ever saw him again. :)

LOL - i forgot about that one , i remember that play , i think he's the only kicker ever to do that . :chest:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chester is alive and well living in Michigans Upper Peninsula. He was involved in the DARE program speaking at kids Dare graduations for years.
He looks to be in better shape than he did when he kicked for the Pack. He was an awesome punter in college and I bet he could still punt better than any of the pretenders that the Pack employs now.
Maybe TT should bring him back as a punter this time around.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Longwell punted in college but I don't know that he has ever punted in the NFL.
What ever happened to the good old days when the place kicker was also the punter?
Specialization is not nrcessarily good.

OP
OP
O

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chester is alive and well living in Michigans Upper Peninsula. He was involved in the DARE program speaking at kids Dare graduations for years.
He looks to be in better shape than he did when he kicked for the Pack. He was an awesome punter in college and I bet he could still punt better than any of the pretenders that the Pack employs now.
Maybe TT should bring him back as a punter this time around.

Thanks for the update yooperfan - that is great to hear he's doing well .

GO PACK :mrgreen:

Madfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the good old days when a WR could punt? McGee and Dowler back in the days when history began.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember as a kid (12) watching him warm up and I did not know he could punt. He was booming them ove 60 yards (if you line up 15 yards behind scrimmage it's 45). I wondered why the Packers needed a punter when they had Chester the Polish Prince. Anything within 60 yards was in range.

In this present era a term of affection like Polish Prince would be an offensive slur. How times have changed. A second size ball like a K ball is simply wrong.

Is a K ball an excuse for a fumble in the return game??

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the kickoff ball is a different size?

i knew they used seperate ones because of them getting kicked and getting out of the normal shape.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Bart punt for a while? A little before my time probably. The first punter I remember was Jerry Norton, the Chandler, then Anderson.
Hammer

Members online

Latest posts