What ya think about TT???

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I like Bulaga too, but he's been injured more than 50% of the time. You can't count that as a hit. Sure its not TT fault he gets injured every year, but it doesn't make him a hit.
By this line of reasoning then Clay Matthews (who gets injured every year) is not a

wait for it

coming soon

is not a hit?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Haters always going to hate.

"TT sucks because he only likes the players he drafts. He sucks because he never signs FAs."

TT signs a FA RB Kahlil Bell and cuts 4th round Pick Jerron McMillian.

"TT sucks because he signs a 2nd hand RB and TT also sucks because he picked a bust at Safety and he wasn't even rated highly by Mel Kiper and . . ."

TT deserves a contract extension - not only has he had the most success of any GM over the last 5 years - he also has to put up with the fringe Packer Fan element that will always hate him.

Name 1 GM that has had more success than TT in the last 5 years.
Ozzie Newsome. Sorry, couldn't resist pulling the only name in the hat

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Garbage? Where were Bulaga and Sherrod ranked for OT in their respective draft classes? Where was Bahktiari? Most had him at OG.
Every fan and analyst agrees that a portion of ARs sacks are a result of him holding the ball too long. I'm okay with it, he's often going to make a great play but it doesn't negate that fact that it's partly on him.
And while you moan about TTs picks you will please admit you have no clue what you might have done. You will please admit you are not a better talent evaluator than TT. You will please admit you don't have the foggiest clue how to manage a salary cap.
I get you're one of those people who feels empowered by putting down others. We've all encountered people of your ilk. You don't fool anybody though. You complain about other's performance when you have no clue how to improve it. That's like telling Aaron Rodgers he should put more shoulder in his passes.
Because you know Bus... you could improve him too.
Actually more teams probably had Bak at OC than OG, Sherrod and Bulaga were both the #3 rated Tackles in their drafts.

Rodgers needs to work on his dump off passes.

I'm one of the bigger TT guys, and even I scratch my head at some of his picks. I think 2011 was the last draft I felt good about. He's still top 5 and more likely a top 3 GM.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
everyone who liked BF is not a packer fan? wow

Ties into prev posts how you try to dismiss not being mad Rodgers was drafted..Sort of all makes since now...you are accused of not liking the Rodgers draft pick and you say it was made up..

I dont think I seen a Brett sig on any forum other than his own site since he was with the Viks..Which btw isnt running anymore

Bus is Bretts man.. Maybe you should have used Dwayne???? Then only a select few would have known

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think he's a top level GM - not much more you can ask for, he'll manage the cap well - he'll at the least get several solid contributors from each draft class.

To throw him under the bus for the one year he mismanages the backup QB spot when our super durable ALL Pro QB's stupid collarbone decides to hand the lions the division.... idk. Seems spoiled on our part as fans, we've got it great compared to a ton of teams out there, we'll be right back in it, hopefully with better luck on the injury department.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thompson is one of the very best GM's in the league. He did a fabulous job quickly resurrecting the team after the awful Sherman experiment and the disgusting mess Favre created with his childish antics. I don't have any stats to back this up but I'd bet a higher percentage of his draft picks and UDFA's are still playing than just about any other GM in the league. He's handled the salary cap expertly. Take a look at how many of our core guys are locked into contracts and only Rodgers and Matthews have big guaranteed numbers. I think the future looks fabulous for this franchise.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think you would have a hard time finding a lot of Packers fans who liked the pick in 2005. Aside of you, of course, because you already knew by then how great Rodgers was.
No, of course I didn't know. But I did know Rodgers was in the discussion for the number one pick overall and the draft "experts" weren't agreed on San Fran's pick. Because of that I thought Rodgers was certainly a value pick at #24. I also knew that Harlan had corrected his mistake of promoting Sherman to GM and went back to the franchise structure that had one man in charge of football operations full time. And I knew while Sherman (through no fault of his own) had absolutely zero experience and training for the GM job, Thompson had been mentored by Wolf and had been training for the GM job for more than a decade.

But value picks don’t always work out, even great value picks. So I didn’t know how good Rodgers would be.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Ties into prev posts how you try to dismiss not being mad Rodgers was drafted..Sort of all makes since now...you are accused of not liking the Rodgers draft pick and you say it was made up..

I dont think I seen a Brett sig on any forum other than his own site since he was with the Viks..Which btw isnt running anymore

Bus is Bretts man.. Maybe you should have used Dwayne???? Then only a select few would have known
And you know all this how? That right, you don't. I had no idea that you couldn't like BF and AR. Are you allowed to hug both TTs and Ron Wolf's ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And you know all this how? That right, you don't. I had no idea that you couldn't like BF and AR. Are you allowed to hug both TTs and Ron Wolf's ...

Then go ahead and use the Brett sig here..

It is CLEAR you want Brett over Rodgers..So just go full boat here..

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Then go ahead and use the Brett sig here..

It is CLEAR you want Brett over Rodgers..So just go full boat here..
I mean you are clearly sounding like a lunatic. Can you not grasp that I was a big fan of BF and now I am a huge fan of AR. One does not preclude the other. I don't want to push you over the edge here, but I also liked Majic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean you are clearly sounding like a lunatic. Can you not grasp that I was a big fan of BF and now I am a huge fan of AR. One does not preclude the other. I don't want to push you over the edge here, but I also liked Majic.

You are just afraid to use the Brett sig here, no one will ban ya for that.. lol

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like whoever the current QB is. Loved Brett when he played and AR now. Also all the QB's in between starting with Bart Starr up to AR. Well I didn't like TJ Rubley so much. :mad:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Actually more teams probably had Bak at OC than OG, Sherrod and Bulaga were both the #3 rated Tackles in their drafts.
???? How did you get that information from other teams' boards?
You're not just speculating are you Hypon?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
???? How did you get that information from other teams' boards?
You're not just speculating are you Hypon?
I know 3 NFL team scouts (They can't give out their team's info, but they will give their personal thoughts), one (who claims to be)from BLESTO, and a HS scout for Rutgers. Whether or not the organizations had him as a Center I don't know, but 4 of the 5 said they saw him as a Center, but said he could play Tackle in the right system. Bak also said in an interview (JS I believe) that some teams worked him out at Center.

Last edited:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I know 3 NFL team scouts (They can't give out their team's info, but they will give their personal thoughts), one (who claims to be)from BLESTO, and a HS scout for Rutgers. Whether or not the organizations had him as a Center I don't know, but 4 of the 5 said they saw him as a Center, but said he could play Tackle in the right system. Bak also said in an interview (JS I believe) that some teams worked him out at Center.
Got it. I still think the Packers saw him as a tackle/guard and Tretter as a C. That's the only way it makes sense for them drafting those two in that situation. I can't imagine in any scenario where they draft to C's since EDS is adequate but not special.

Members online

Latest posts