What would you rather have had happened?

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that dwelling on Favre needs to end. I did not try to bring up any bad blood. I just thought it would be an interesting topic. Hope I did not offend anyone.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that dwelling on Favre needs to end. I did not try to bring up any bad blood. I just thought it would be an interesting topic. Hope I did not offend anyone.

nah your all good. The F word just gets people worked up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was a huge Favre fan and I loved what he did for Green Bay but he did and said things that made me lose a lot of respect for him. They owe it to Rodgers, the rest of the players and the fans to get this out of the way.

Wow, I bet a TON of former Brett fans feel that way

Very well put

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre kept playing until he was physically done, so I don't think he would've retired after 2007 with a Super Bowl victory. And perhaps, as a result, Rodgers would still be on the bench now or on another team.

If Favre did retire and stayed in good graces with the team, he may have stuck around Green Bay -- not all the time, but enough to cast a shadow over Rodgers. Did Rodgers benefit from having a 100% Favre-less team?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In '07, if we had won that would have been it, 1 SB win. Farve would have retired for real. Now, with Rodgers we have the potential for more. So I'd have to go with now. Although the loss in 07 was the worst loss in my 30 years as a Packer fan.
In playing this game, I was gonna take the 07 win but then I saw your post Murgen and that makes more sense to me.
So I agree except for one thing.
I don't think Favre would have quit if they would have won the SB.
I think he would have stayed.
His ego wasn't ready to leave the car and let someone else do the driving.
Didn't he feel forced or pressured to leave GB?

Anywhoosie, I'm glad things turned out the way they did. Now we have another top caliber QB. Only this one does intense preparation and is careful with each and every throw.
We don't have a prima donna who thinks he's good enough to miss training camp and who shows up like with 5 seconds to spare at Lambeau on game day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre kept playing until he was physically done, so I don't think he would've retired after 2007 with a Super Bowl victory. And perhaps, as a result, Rodgers would still be on the bench now or on another team.
Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

Members online

Latest posts