1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What would you like to see here?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by longtimefan, Mar 24, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,920
    Just was wondering, what would people like to see here that is not currently in place??

If you dont want it to be in the public area send a mod or rob a pm about it..

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Boobs.

You know, if we're being honest.

:p

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    In all seriousness, I would actually quite like more skins for the forum. I'm bored of this one, it's been here since I've been here. I'd like to be able to switch it up.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    [​IMG]
    ^^I like this^^

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I always kinda wanted some links to some rival teams forums, that way there on game day we can get retribution. Maybe work something out with some moderators from bears or viking forums so the "trash talk" can commence :D Though the forums would have to be moderated more to stay clear of immaturity.

But i like having rival fans around

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,920
    I like that ^^^^^^

7. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    I was tooling around with the idea of a new skin, that is just a ton of work, lol.

You have any ideas you want to mock up Jess? :)

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I suppose I could try. I'm not sure how well it'd come out, but I could whip something up.

9. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    Look at your sig Jess, you guys think we should have a forum for the Bucks and Brewers forum?

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I'm not sure if it would get used. There's a Brewers topic in the Atrium that's basically just me jabbering to myself. I think a couple other people posted in there, but people don't seem all that interested in anything outside of the Packer Fan Forum.

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    This is my big idea of the day. It would be on the bottom of the screen scrolling no matter what page you're on, and it would have the option of being turned off.

Now I just need someone with Flash knowledge to build it.

[​IMG]

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,920
    nice.......

what about a scrolling sports ticker?

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    New PackerForum Dark Skin mockup is here (that took effing forever):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    That's the entire main page. It's 4:3 safe, but that picture is the widescreen version of it.

EDIT: Also, I chose not to put any New Posts logos (the Packer logos that light up on the default front page) on the front page of my skin. I don't use them at all, I'm not sure anybody does. If it absolutely needs them, like it's impossible to install without them, I can shoehorn them in somehow I would think.

15. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    This may be quite a bit of a stretch, as I don't know a thing about web design. I'll give it a shot anyways.

How difficult would it be to implement some sort of live updater or stat tracker on game day? For those of us who don't get the games on Sundays and have to watch the lowly Bills play, is this plausible? It's hard to follow the chat sometimes and I'd rather just go through one site on gameday instead of having NFL.com in another tab (slow as hell).

Is this logically impossible?

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I was a little skeptical.

But when I saw the online users, with Hauschild in purple!

LMAO!!!!!!!!

17. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    This is pretty cool to see how things progressed! lol!

I missed the Hauschild era,.. (whew) :blink:

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,920
  19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. '

Not meant to be I guess!!

What ever happened to the suggestion of having live updates on games when we are not able to get them? Wasn't possible apparently?

20. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    I just posted that today. It got lost amongst a myriad of other posts apparently.

21. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I see that now!! I just started from the beginning, and forgot to check why it was brought back up!
    Hopefully that would be feesible, because on game days when we don't get the game,..I have nfl.com going...redzone, and trying to chat all at once!
    :wacko:

22. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Any video or accounts of this game are not permissable without the express written consent of the NFL.....

You've all heard it before.

23. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I LOVE all the ideas presented so far!!!

Is it possible to have a gallery of avatars/ siggy pics page? It would be linked to both the change or edit your avatar pages/ siggy pic page, respectively. It would contain pics uploaded by the board and forum members (copyrights considered please! No Getty images!) and the pics there would be up for grabs for any forum member to use. This would be nice for some members who may not have the time or even skills to design their own, it would be nice to have a gallery selection of pics to choose from. You'd have to limit it to a certain amount of pics because of memory (storage space) and set the parameters: i.e. size of images (ppi "pixels per inch", etc.) and acceptable file formats (i.e. jpeg, etc.).

There already exists a wonderful photo gallery on here, I wonder if it's possible to use that? Having first obtained permission from the user first of course, or maybe it would be better to have the user upload the images themselves to avoid any issues of copyrights? Not that I think anyone on here would pull anything but you just have to cover your butt these days, you never know. It may be possible to have an option when somebody uploads a photo to their gallery or for an already existing photo, to have a button to click that says "share this photo in avatar/ siggy pic gallery" or similar. That way the user remains the one sharing the photo.

We have many talented people on here, Havener's Heroes, Jess, 3irty1 plus many others! I think it could be a cool idea!

24. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    I follow the games on NFL.com and pay for their audio feed. It's hard for me to say its slow because I get the result of the play on NFL.com about 10 seconds before I get the live radio feed. Can't figure that out.

25. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Is there any way we can move the shout box to the home page? I think it would get a lot more use there.