What Would You Guys Give Up For McFadden?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking to trade my wife to get a newer model but the disposal fee is a real crippler. Can't even do a test drive without the risk of the termination fee.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I've been looking to trade my wife to get a newer model but the disposal fee is a real crippler. Can't even do a test drive without the risk of the termination fee.

I think I can hear the sound of the castration scissors somewhere nearby. :whistling:

Arkaign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McFadden would last 15 minutes before he strained a hamstring tbh

McFadden had a great healthy year. Started several weeks into the season, but still was in the top 5 for the year in bad circumstances. Dallas had garbage at QB and no Dez, so opposing teams were free to absolutely stack the box. Even with that, he had a 4.6 average, for 1,089 yards, and only 3 fumbles on 239 attempts. That's a pretty good back.

I have no idea if Kniles Davis is any good, but McFadden was injured (NFI, freak accident where he fell down trying to save his cell phone I think LOL), if that injury hadn't happened, he'd be RB2 for Dallas seeing carries every game. His injury is what brought Morris in (another capable back). When healthy, he would absolutely be ahead of Morris on the depth chart (in fact, Morris wouldn't have been signed).

Behind the 'great' Dallas O-line, and much better 2016 circumstances (eg;, a QB that can pass more than 3 yards past the line of scrimmage, and can spread the ball around to keep the box from nearly as loaded as in 2015) .. Morris is averaging .. 3.9 YPC.

McFadden is also a better pass catcher with more speed than Morris. Capable at blitz pickup to boot. It's a testament to stupidity in Dallas that shows up now and again that he wasn't RB1 sooner in Dallas last year. The underwear thief got too much of a chance to play, no idea why. When he's ready to go, I want DMC back at RB2 provided reports of him staying in great shape are true. Before Joseph Randle got kicked off the team, he was averaging 4.1 YPC, and some of that was boosted by starting the year with Romo and Dez to stretch the defenses out a bit. So DMC absolutely blew his doors off. There's a big reason DMC was the 4th pick overall in the 2008 draft, he's really talented. Sadly for him, he went to a hopeless Raiders team that nearly killed his career. It's like sending a QB to the Browns, ruinous.

If we had to rank the RBs in terms of pure effectiveness in gaining yards, we'd have to say :

Zeke >>>>> Lacy/DMC >> Morris >> Starks/Knile Davis.

Lacy is a big bruising bowling ball. I feel his weight probably influences his fatigue and injury probability. I don't know if anyone here has ever gotten fat for a while, but it sucks. Your body just hurts more, plain and simple. Still, he's effective when on the field for sure.

Knile Davis was a 3rd round pick that has a career average of 3.3 YPC and got buried at the end of KC's depth chart. Notice DMC up there with 4.6 YPC on 239 carries? Davis has had about the same number of carries over his ENTIRE career so far, and along with the pedestrian/low 3.3 YPC, he has 7 fumbles compared to DMC's 3 over a similar mid-200 carry count.

Basically I think he was chosen just to be a 'body' by GB on the cheap. He is in no way a serious piece to attempt to carry the rushing game. This means that GB is going to lean on quick passing to be their run game.

Would you rather see a capable RB in GB? I guess if AR gets going (vs CHI was probably a confidence booster), that may not be necessary. For a playoff run you'd think it would be an important piece though.

D

Deleted member 6794

McFadden is still on the Reserve / Non-Football Injury list, therefore any talk about trading for him is pointless for now.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A ham sandwich with cheese and mustard. Chips, too. And a beer.
I would only give up a used beer. Yup. A nice warm bucket of ****.

Maybe he has had a complete change of heart, but he quit football because he didn't love it. He only made a comeback when he was low on money. I'm thinking he isn't working as hard as he should be.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe he has had a complete change of heart, but he quit football because he didn't love it. He only made a comeback when he was low on money. I'm thinking he isn't working as hard as he should be.

McFadden never quit football.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
I can run like McFadden for a free beer... Just saying.
Maybe. But you're only good for 1-2 attempts and then your blood alcohol fades below the legal limit and then your back to the drawing board or on concussion protocol with Sam :roflmao: