What Would You Guys Give Up For McFadden?

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the news of Eddie Lacy going on injured reserve due to his ankle injury what would you guys be willing to give up for Darren McFadden? McFadden was fourth in the NFL in rushing last season and has completely become an afterthought in Dallas. Elliott is obviously their workhorse now and Morris is someone who will spell him on occasion. They don't really have a need for McFadden which is why Dallas hasn't activated him.

Obviously a lot of McFadden's success could be attributed to having an excellent offensive line, however Green Bay also has one of the best IMO. Green Bay desperately needs to get that ground game going to try and help Rodgers and help him emerge from this slump.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a lot, I would guess. Maybe a 6th. A 5th would surprise me. They may not be interested at all right now with his history of injuries and our own problems with injuries lately.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we've already made our decision here. We're not gonna trade for another running back.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just made a trade for Davis they ain't trading for anyone else hopefully he can do something and who knows maybe don Jackson will surprise us.. it's a big blow but it's not like Green Bay ran it all with him anyways.. lacy is done in Green Bay forever mark my words I honestly see Minnesota pickin him up

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the trade for Davis stops them from making another trade or moving in another direction. The draft pick they gave up is contingent on playing time so I very much doubt that trigger will be met if they use him for a game or two.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the trade for Davis stops them from making another trade or moving in another direction. The draft pick they gave up is contingent on playing time so I very much doubt that trigger will be met if they use him for a game or two.

I think we surveyed available backs and made a quick move on the one we wanted (at a price we were comfortable with). I doubt we're going to make another move outside of another injury or a complete disaster from Jackson and Davis (i.e., excessive fumbling or an inability to protect Rodgers [or Hundley, if you're that crazy guy from the other thread])

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to happen... already have 2 RB's on the roster along with Monty who may continue getting backfield snaps. Starks is only out another 3 or 4 games (supposedly) and will be back, also.

Next bold TT move will be for a CB if there's any more injuries, but I doubt that'll happen.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'll trade Starks even up! If they throw a 6 pack of Lone Star in with McFadden, they can have Schum too.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to happen... already have 2 RB's on the roster along with Monty who may continue getting backfield snaps. Starks is only out another 3 or 4 games (supposedly) and will be back, also.

Next bold TT move will be for a CB if there's any more injuries, but I doubt that'll happen.

To me that's a bad thing to get Montgomery snaps back there, he got injured just playing WR last year, use him as a RB and risk an even bigger one, and this offense is gonna get royally F'd.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll trade Starks even up! If they throw a 6 pack of Lone Star in with McFadden, they can have Schum too.

As I've said before, I'd ship Starks out in a trade in a heart beat, but I worry about how bad his stock has fallen because of his awfulness, perhaps a team that needs a RB to fill the body bag with takes him, but I'm not sure anyone with any good RBs like Dallas or Washington would go for this.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My expectations for this season have been tempered to the point that I'm not interested in making any "bigger" splashy moves.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As I've said before, I'd ship Starks out in a trade in a heart beat, but I worry about how bad his stock has fallen because of his awfulness, perhaps a team that needs a RB to fill the body bag with takes him, but I'm not sure anyone with any good RBs like Dallas or Washington would go for this.

That was tongue in cheek, I seriously doubt Starks has any current trade value.

Sky King

Reaction score
I'm discouraged at the developments that have occurred this season but I feel it's way too early to throw in the towel. I want to see if they can scratch and crawl their way out of this. If so, then they'll likely be properly tempered for the playoffs, especially guys who would otherwise be riding the pines if those in front of them were healthy. If not, then we can all talk about getting a higher draft pick than usual and who it may bring. Hopefully, that may be many weeks away if at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starks is worth exactly zero in trade value, teams would probably see it as a negative if he was packaged with another worthwhile player. I can't see anyone wanting him now and his contract.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm discouraged at the developments that have occurred this season but I feel it's way too early to throw in the towel. I want to see if they can scratch and crawl their way out of this. If so, then they'll likely be properly tempered for the playoffs, especially guys who would otherwise be riding the pines if those in front of them were healthy. If not, then we can all talk about getting a higher draft pick than usual and who it may bring. Hopefully, that may be many weeks away if at all.
I think you may be jumping the gun. I' d be suprised if we draft before 20.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts