What would you consider a success in 2014?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all Packer fans but certainly many. I've said it many times on this forum... most of the TT haters and guys that rag about not winning the SB every year are younger fans that don't even know what a few years of losing feels like much less decades of losing.

Lol I guess Im a younger fan, wasn't really paying attention back in the 80s. But I follow the Bucks, that will teach patience to anyone.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win the SB. Who honestly remembers anything less?

Hey, hey, you guys remember the year that we went 15-1 and got toasted our first round in the playoffs??

Who cares. What I do remember is that the Giants won the SB that year.

I'm going to remember that Bears game for a while. Yes, it wasn't a Super Bowl, but it was still fantastic.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so preposterous. We all but handed the division to the Lions and Bears last year with all of our injuries and poor play in the middle of the season. Yet, we still beat Da Bears ON THE ROAD in the final game to win the division. I mean, if they can't win the division last season, why in the hell do you think they'll do it this season?!

Umm I don't know uh maybe different coaches? Personnel? Uhh the draft? Free agency? It is possible for other teams to improve. Even with your rose colored Packer shades you see it every year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet another thread that could use a **** button...

As a fan, of course I want the Packers to win the Super Bowl every year, but expecting a Super Bowl win every season is just unrealistic. To me, I think winning the division, or at the very least making the playoffs, is the mark of a successful season. The rest is just a bonus.

And let's not kid ourselves- There's a LOT of fans who would happily trade places with us to have the kind of success we've had. I can think of three fan-bases just in our division alone who would love to enjoy the kind of success we have over the past decade or so.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to remember that Bears game for a while. Yes, it wasn't a Super Bowl, but it was still fantastic.

Hell yeah, we all will. Always wonderful to kick the Bears in the nuts.

But that was a game. I remember plenty of satisfying games. Seasons on the other hand, anything short of a SB win feels very dissatisfying to me.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so preposterous. We all but handed the division to the Lions and Bears last year with all of our injuries and poor play in the middle of the season. Yet, we still beat Da Bears ON THE ROAD in the final game to win the division. I mean, if they can't win the division last season, why in the hell do you think they'll do it this season?!
amen

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything that will help us forget the disasters of the 2013 season.
Let's beat all the other teams in our division both times.
A healthy Rogers and rest of team throughout.
And dominate each team in the playoffs.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want a repeat of 2012-2013: bookend losses to the niners and an avalanche of injuries.

So far 2014 is looking good considering we don't have to open the season again against the niners. Keeping the fingers crossed on the injuries.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5 or better. Making it too the NFC championship game. Anything less is underachieving. Green Bay showed true weakness last year when Rodgers went down. Either the team isn't very good and Rodgers makes that big a difference, or the team is not that bad, they just failed to have a remotely competent backup QB on the squad. IMO Green Bay is at a critical juncture where they can re-emerge as an elite team, or backslide further. Given the number of players returning from injury I'm optimistic, but injuries didn't cause us to lose the opener to SF last year, injuries didn't cause us to fumble the game away against Cincy.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5 or better. Making it too the NFC championship game. Anything less is underachieving. Green Bay showed true weakness last year when Rodgers went down. Either the team isn't very good and Rodgers makes that big a difference, or the team is not that bad, they just failed to have a remotely competent backup QB on the squad. IMO Green Bay is at a critical juncture where they can re-emerge as an elite team, or backslide further. Given the number of players returning from injury I'm optimistic, but injuries didn't cause us to lose the opener to SF last year, injuries didn't cause us to fumble the game away against Cincy.

Actually, Franklin was the only healthy running back at that time.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franklin wasn't even healthy when he fumbled. They taped him up and sent him back into the game. At least it wasn't a fumble copter.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm I don't know uh maybe different coaches? Personnel? Uhh the draft? Free agency? It is possible for other teams to improve. Even with your rose colored Packer shades you see it every year.

I'd rather be overly optimistic about the Packers chances. The state of constant doom and gloom that you're in sounds like a miserable way to be a fan.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ummmmmmmm because A) they DID win the division last year and B) I think they're going to be better this year than they were last

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
As long as there is a healthy Rodgers and also the team has the same kind of chemistry both on offense and defense. It will lead to a very, very healthy 2014.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ummmmmmmm because A) they DID win the division last year and B) I think they're going to be better this year than they were last

BorderRivals was questioning why anybody believes the Lions or Bears would win the division in 2014.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll win it all if our defense progresses and plays well. We all know our offense can score on anyone. If our defense gets ranked in that 15 area, watch out. We'll go 13-3.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've already got my "14 NFL Championships" t shirts (as seen in my avatar) tucked away in my closet, ready for the '14 season. Karma.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BorderRivals was questioning why anybody believes the Lions or Bears would win the division in 2014.

And like what was previously stated. Those teams are going to be healthy and better as well. Some of you look at it from a Packers fan point if view vs a football fan point of view. The NFC North is becoming one of the tougher divisions in football. I believe the days of sweeping the division are over with. Its very possible that at least three teams could win 10 games.

Latest posts