What would you change about GB's offseason?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
i know, he just seems so bitter, and 10 meeeliionnn dooollllaaaars is alot of money to snub your nose at

I think what really pushed him over was Brett calling him out. I think that kind of put it beyond any chance of him coming back. I think it really hurt his pride.

pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Yep, It's funny that people say "don't sign high priced FA's" and yet forget about Woodson. He has more question marks than 95% of the available Free Agents had.

That's just YOUR opinion. And facts prove its wrong :)

Yeah Ok, this is a fact, sorry. To say Woodson didn't have question marks is simply just not true, sorry

So are you recanting your previous statement with this less specific one?

For sure he had question marks. He was coming off an injury, one that was not as bad as Javon Walkers (he wasnt a FA so he doesnt count i know i know). That was a huge question mark. He was also a pro bowler for the first four years of his career I do believe and the last four he was injured. I know his question marks.

You threw out a specific pertentage and if you are gonna do that. Throw some facts with it to support it.

For instance. How many FA were there? How many were coming off a season ending injury? How many were good then bad? How many had their performance changed when the coaching staff changed? Did they start out hot in their career an fizzle in later years?

Please get real. This is ludacris. Is the best you could come up with?

Woodson had more question marks then the MAJORITY of free agents.

Better, or would you like me to give a detailed description of every FA with every question mark surrounding them. Perhaps I can give thier dental records and family tree with it as well.

By stating something so outlandish you have basically admitted that you can't argue it, unless yougot something better.

Charles Wodson = Question Marks that are unfortunately being answered here in GB. Great signing!

Reaction score
*AHEM*

The topic was "What would you change about GB's offseason?"

I'll give it a go:

I would have done something (anything) to at least get Bates to come back on the staff.

I would have strictly told MM to let Bob Sanders pick his own DB coach.

IF, and that is a HUGE if, I could have traded up in the draft without giving away an arm and a leg, I would have done so and drafted Bush.

I would have gotten the Packers cheer leaders resembling the ones the Raiders/Dolphins have.... :D

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Definitely resigned Ryan Longwell. Drafted an offensive line, hired Jim Bates. Never even thought about Mike McCarthy.
Exactly what she said. Plus sign Hutch instead Woodson which is easier to say now then in the offseason

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
*AHEM*

The topic was "What would you change about GB's offseason?"

I'll give it a go:

I would have done something (anything) to at least get Bates to come back on the staff.

I would have strictly told MM to let Bob Sanders pick his own DB coach.

IF, and that is a HUGE if, I could have traded up in the draft without giving away an arm and a leg, I would have done so and drafted Bush.

I would have gotten the Packers cheer leaders resembling the ones the Raiders/Dolphins have.... :D

From what I heard New Orleans wanted Javon Walker. Apparently TT felt that the #5 overall pick and Walker were worth more than Reggie Bush. I would of made that deal in a hearbeat. 1. Walker wouldn't report until Week 10 and then he would leave. 2. You don't get many Reggie Bush's. Bush would of instantly gave us something special on offense. Upgrade the passing and rushing attack. Also as we all saw against the Saints, Bush would "distract" teams and allow use to ultilize our Receivers more. Guys like Jennings. To bad we couldn't get a deal done. Green Bay did make contact with New Orleans about the pick though. :cry:

None the less I'm happy with AJ Hawk as I think he can be something special but Reggie Bush is someone who could change the game. Reggie Bush could be a LT type of back.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
signed walker, not woodson.

that's a dream ... walker didnt want to be here :(

Not even for 10 million gaurunteed!!??

He said he would never don a Packers uniform ever again.

That was AFTER TT ****ed him. If he offered to redo his contract earlier he would have taken it.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first & foremost, i'd have hoped the president of the packers, the GM, & the HC would have sat down & had serious meetings with favre. they would have told him they were definitely rebuilding & that they didn't want him back. favre would have retired instead of having to endure the season we have ahead.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
That was AFTER TT ****ed him. If he offered to redo his contract earlier he would have taken it.

How did they **** him?

He had one good year. He had 3 more TD's and under a 100 yards more than Driver. Did Driver complain he needed more money?

Walker was given millions as a unproven rookie. He didn't even step on the field yet.

After his pro bowl year Walker changed. He wanted more money with two years on his contract.

I was one of the few who was sticking up for Walker during the ordeal saying give him time, he'll come around, he knows his role an will play it.

Bottom line, if Walker would have shut his hole, he would have been paid. you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Walker was impatient.

It wasn't on the Packers, it was on Javon Walker. Don't fool yourself. No one made Walker a turd, he did.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:

How did they **** him?

He had one good year. He had 3 more TD's and under a 100 yards more than Driver. Did Driver complain he needed more money?

Walker was given millions as a unproven rookie. He didn't even step on the field yet.

After his pro bowl year Walker changed. He wanted more money with two years on his contract.

I was one of the few who was sticking up for Walker during the ordeal saying give him time, he'll come around, he knows his role an will play it.

Bottom line, if Walker would have shut his hole, he would have been paid. you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Walker was impatient.

It wasn't on the Packers, it was on Javon Walker. Don't fool yourself. No one made Walker a turd, he did.

Maybe I worded it wrong. Your point was Walker didn't want to be in Green Bay. The point I was trying to make was that was AFTER he perceived he was ****ed. I don't pretend to know who was right or wrong but he sure got alot of change from a perineally well run organization, so in actuality, he DID deserve the money. All players deserve what the market allows. Walker proved the market agreed with his side of the story.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And im still glad we got woodson and not walker. Right now Driver is playing our number one spot VERY WELL. while Javon is struggling hardcore in denver. Woodson is an upgrade over Carroll and is playing better. Jennings is on this team and starting out spectacularly and we acquired him through the denver trade.

So now we got.... Driver at number one playing well, making money, and smiling the whole time. Jennings is at number two, playing well, making money and smiling the whole time. Charles woodson is playing decent to less than spectacular (right now!, hope he gets better) but is playing better than carroll.

We could have had. Javon being a baby and sitting out. and when he came back how good would he really have been... he sure doesnt look spectacular in Denver. is that knee really ever gonna be the same. Maybe not had Jennings. And we would still have Carroll starting at Corner getting torched.

you gotta look at these situations people. Money is an object you have to play it smart. Keeping walker was a bad idea.... and TT did the best one could do with the situation. He got rid of Walker and now we have Jennings. Give him some freakin credit for something.

I love the Draft. think we did exactly what we needed to do. Offseason, i really would have liked to see Bates back as the DC, but there wasnt much you could do about that. He, as evidenced by being passed by several teams, is not HC material. But hes a hell of a DC. Am i the only packer fan in the world to like Mike McCarthy??

So id get Bates back as DC, not picked up Manuel and still gotten Roman out of here.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Javon is struggling hardcore in denver"...8 Rec 120 yds 15.0 Ave 0 TDs

While

"Jennings is starting out spectacularly"....7 rec 72 yds 10.3 ave 1 TD

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are a little skewed.

Javon is basically a veteran and has played 2 games. Ave. 60 a game.

Jennings is a rookie and made one catch for like 3 yards in game one.

Jennings then had a great 70 yard game with a TD. That helped our offense tremendously. Javon isnt a bust but he sure isnt a stand out.

which brings me to my next point. Salaries.
Javon He signed a five-year extension this spring that kicks in after next season and is worth more than $40 million, including March roster bonuses totaling $15 million in 2007 and '08.

Greg signed a 4 year deal worth 2.86 million dollars....

TT made the right decision.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main thing I would change at this point is the length of offseason. After this 0-2 start, I wish we were still waiting for the 1st preseason game and TT was wheeling and dealing...

OK, just frustrated but I think TT needs some more time this team will improve under the new coaching staff and scheme IMO.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
signed walker, not woodson.

that's a dream ... walker didnt want to be here :(

Not even for 10 million gaurunteed!!??

Neither Sherman or Thompson were in favor of redoing the contract. Fans in Green Bay were sounding off about it and said they were happy that TT and MS were holding strong.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Jennings then had a great 70 yard game with a TD. That helped our offense tremendously. Javon isnt a bust but he sure isnt a stand out.

Javon He signed a five-year extension this spring that kicks in after next season and is worth more than $40 million, including March roster bonuses totaling $15 million in 2007 and '08.

I don't think so.

Jake Plummer is throwing the ball to Walker, and he is playing horribly..

If Favre had Walker this year, his statistics would be way up and there probably would be a W in the win column for GB already.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Packnic said:

I don't think so.

If Favre had Walker this year, his statistics would be way up and there probably would be a W in the win column for GB already.

there are a lot of probally's, and future (impossible) guarentees in your arguments. The fact is ... Walker isnt impressive in Denver and Driver is one of the best recievers in the NFL right now. so we have to most for our money right now as we stand.

We have less in Driver and Jennings than we would have in Javon alone.

and we are gettin just as much production.
come on TT can do one thing right cant he.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
majikman said:
Packnic said:

I don't think so.

there are a lot of probally's, and future (impossible) guarentees in your arguments. The fact is ... Walker isnt impressive in Denver and Driver is one of the best recievers in the NFL right now. so we have to most for our money right now as we stand.

We have less in Driver and Jennings than we would have in Javon alone.

and we are gettin just as much production.
come on TT can do one thing right cant he.

You just don't get it do you? 4-12....0-2.....but according to you he has never made a mistake. Twist the #'s all you like. We could have had Driver, Walker and Jennings instead of Driver Jennings and Colledge but who cares? Just look at the results.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: What would you change about GB's offseason?

Oh wait, you can't..didn't TT sign Woodson? Why isn't everyone pissing and moaning about the waste of money that signing was? It would have been better to use that money towards Hutchinson now wouldn't it have?

Oh wait...Offensive lineman are a dime a dozen according to TT.

Yup Hutch helped Minny today along with Shraper and Longewell..Wonder how much it costs to get those 3 and still loose a game

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hutch got beat 1 on 1 vs. like....Jenkins...it was embarrassing!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Hutch got beat 1 on 1 vs. like....Jenkins...it was embarrassing!

But he is worth 40 million tho!!

He should have been signed by the packers dontcha know

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

C-Wood has been playing good he hasnt gave up like anything

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I just wanted to see what people were saying aobut Hutch not coming here..That is why I brought this thread back up

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

interesting to see how mad we all were

Latest posts