What would lombardi do?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure wish we could get a confidential survey of the organization. I find it hard to believe they're as optimistic as you think. And, they get paid obscene amounts of money to not give up, while it costs me to follow and support them, so I think I'm entitled to be upset in their showing.

Maybe they aren't optimistic. I don't know. I just don't see any reason to think they have given up.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably a good example of how language and relativism make sports boards hard to judge. Just like some boards with threads about tanking, what does that really mean? What does it mean to say the players (or the fans) have given up? These and other terms mean different things to different people, and so we often argue a point only to realize we've been pretty much in agreement all along.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. L would indeed have fired Capers after one bad year. He would NOT have put up with it. Murphy would've been shown the door too. The hard old war horse would've collapsed on the field screaming at Clay for overrunning every pressure. What the hell is goin on out there is an understatement.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Lombardi would have fired Murphy? Uh... Lombardi couldn't fire the President of the Packers - even as a "god" he was only a coach and General Mgr.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts