What would be your pre-game speech be to Packers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have the team watch the Charles Woodson speech from here on out. That was almost four years ago and i still get goosebumps when i watch it! wishing i could suit up and go make a play!

"For two weeks, think about one. Let's be one mind. Let's be one heartbeat. One purpose. One goal. One more game. One. Let's get it."

"If the President don't want to come watch us in the Super Bowl, guess what? We'll go see him. White House on three."

How ironic is this guys?? We are playing for our playoff lives, we have to go through the Steelers who we beat in the super Bowl and then the Bears our hated division rivals.. who we had to beat not only once but twice to get there. Man if this doesn't get you even as a Packers fan pumped up go be a Jags fan.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine would be simple. I'd tell them that they don't need a speech. If they needed a speech to get fired up to play, then they don't belong in a Green and Gold uniform.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine would be simple. I'd tell them that they don't need a speech. If they needed a speech to get fired up to play, then they don't belong in a Green and Gold uniform.

We have guys who can't get fired up to give 100% who are in a contract year, sadly.

Some guys are self-motivating. Some guys aren't.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what I'd say:
All right, guys! Listen up, listen up, listen up! It is time to get pumped! This is our house and we are going to dominate in our house! Run over them! Run them into the ground and shove that ball up their butts and down their throats so that they can gag on it! You are going to go out there and kill them! Murder them!
And now a moment of silence to wish peace on earth and goodwill and love to all since it's almost Christmas.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say something like:

"Some of you were here in 2010. Some of you remember what it took to get into the playoffs, fight through the best teams in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. Those of you who weren't here, this is EXACTLY where we were 3 years ago. We had to win our last two games just make it into the playoffs. We had injuries that season just like we do now. Our #1 QB went down, our #1 TE went down, but the TEAM rose the the occasion. They stepped up, played their hearts out, and WE WON IT ALL! This team has the same chance and capability! THIS IS OUR DESTINY! You win these next two games and we are in the contest for the Super Bowl. No team has been through what WE HAVE. NO ONE! No team DESERVES this more than us. NO TEAM! NOW GO GET 'EM!!!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I like to think that we gave this one at halftime last week.
At 1:09 you can see a priest.

However, instead of the priest, we had this guy:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say something like:

"Some of you were here in 2010. Some of you remember what it took to get into the playoffs, fight through the best teams in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. Those of you who weren't here, this is EXACTLY where we were 3 years ago. We had to win our last two games just make it into the playoffs. We had injuries that season just like we do now. Our #1 QB went down, our #1 TE went down, but the TEAM rose the the occasion. They stepped up, played their hearts out, and WE WON IT ALL! This team has the same chance and capability! THIS IS OUR DESTINY! You win these next two games and we are in the contest for the Super Bowl. No team has been through what WE HAVE. NO ONE! No team DESERVES this more than us. NO TEAM! NOW GO GET 'EM!!!!!
Dayum. Makes me want to go to an open tryout now.

Reaction score
At 1:09 you can see a priest.

However, instead of the priest, we had this guy:

How about Alec Baldwin's "motivational" (uh, melt down/beat down) speech in "Glengarry Glen Ross?"
Much too profanity-laced to post the Youtube video on here, but here's a couple quotes from it:

"GET MAD..... YOU SOB'S.....GET MAD!"

and if anybody happens to be drinking coffee in the locker room?

"PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN!" :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And you would be the worst coach in the history of coaching.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big believer in speeches doing a lot. I don't think they need much of a speech. They should be able to pump themselves up for what is essentially a playoff game.

Reaction score
Well, I didn't get the Packers/Steelers telecast here, but from what I read during the game from the chatters, evidently, the pre-game "motivational" speech either stunk on ice or was inspirational, and if it was the latter, obviously, a bunch of players were standing outside the door and missed it. I'll be curious to learn if the contents of next week's pre-game little "talk" will include a refresher course on RULES of the game, common sense , effort, heart, desire and drive. Mental toughness.....extra effort! Good places to start.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts