what will they do, cut me? - A JOKE?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1 - there is NO deadline. Coach McCarthy said this. The media,as usual, spun his words around.

BUT....If there WAS a deadline...

Favre is acting out of line with his attitude, if there WAS one, which there isn't.

“If I don’t tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?â€

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, make another thread about this.

And I posted the link to the video in another thread. You seem to ignore all my posts, especially the one about your av.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I saw it come right out of his mouth. To me it seemed like Brett being a jokester. I am not offended by it at all. I kind of chuckled when I heard it

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, good. Well there are 2 threads about it, and both have run away into other tangents. Some say its a joke, then the next poster says hes offended to holy hell.

Sorry for wanting the facts, guys. My mistake.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you very much for the links, guys, sorry about the repeat thread. motion wont load on this CPU(im at work), but ill check it out at home. good to hear he was kinda joking.

But a-rod was kinda joking last year when he was drafted and he said "Favre should be here" referring to mini camps(which favre was excused from) and THAT didnt sit well with people(didnt sit well with me!lol)

God, this needs to end..now!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly? I think he said it off handed cause he's tired of getting asked. Of course the ONLY way that will end is when he tells what he is gonna do.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously if Brett does go to a different team (very very unlikely) I would support him. I want to see Brett go out on top and I think he has a better chance going out on top with a team like the Buccaneers than the Packers.. I'd support him..

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, what a *******. I know he's your hero, but he thinks he is so wonderful no one can touch him. If I were your new coach I would cut his *** NOW just to be an example that no one is above the team. The fact that it's been this long and he's still undecided tells me that he may never be confident he wants to come back. I think he'll retire. And I think the team will be better because of it. When a person becomes as self centered and arrogant as Favre has become, he can only cause problems for the whole team. That might have been part of the problem last year. His attitude of having to carry the team because they're so bad and he's so good might have divided the team. And we all saw what happened when he tried to carry the team himself. Brett was a great qb, but now his ego has gotten the best of him. Just the way he has handeled this offseason may be enough to seperate the team already. I've never heard of a player who told the team they had to prove they were good enough for him to play for. Players who think they are above the team and forget to humble themselves are stepping into terrell owens land. Favre is very close to that right now.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Man, what a *******. I know he's your hero, but he thinks he is so wonderful no one can touch him. If I were your new coach I would cut his *** NOW just to be an example that no one is above the team. The fact that it's been this long and he's still undecided tells me that he may never be confident he wants to come back. I think he'll retire. And I think the team will be better because of it. When a person becomes as self centered and arrogant as Favre has become, he can only cause problems for the whole team. That might have been part of the problem last year. His attitude of having to carry the team because they're so bad and he's so good might have divided the team. And we all saw what happened when he tried to carry the team himself. Brett was a great qb, but now his ego has gotten the best of him. Just the way he has handeled this offseason may be enough to seperate the team already. I've never heard of a player who told the team they had to prove they were good enough for him to play for. Players who think they are above the team and forget to humble themselves are stepping into terrell owens land. Favre is very close to that right now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG! I just got home, looked at the espn motion video. he BARELY looked like he was joking. I mean, there was a smirk on his face at the end...but....yikes.

COME BACK BRETT!

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is what it's come to..smack from a pukey Lions fan...?

Hey..Just cause Matt Millenmanmarch has cleaned house once again..doesn't give you the right to talk smack over here....

You guys haven't done bupkiss in years pal...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was clearly a joke, but it was not in very good taste. I don't like the attitude. He sounds bitter.

It seems like Favre is almost painting himself into a corner with these comments. If Thompson hasn't done enough to improve the team by now, what could he possibly do in the next few weeks to change Favre's mind? Is Thompson going to sign some cheap backup off the scrap heap, and then Favre will say, "Okay, I'm coming back now"?

Also, by saying this will be his last year if he comes back, Favre is pretty much daring Thompson to go all-out to win this year, which is not in the long-term best interests of the team.

By the way, does anyone else out there get the impression that public opinion among Packer fans is turning against Favre? Packer fans will be forever grateful for what he has done for this franchise, but most fans do draw the line somewhere.

Personally, I think that if Favre returns the '06 Green Bay Packers will be little more than a nostalgia act. They will be better with Favre than they would be with Aaron Rodgers or anyone else, but they are not likely to be anything more than a one-and-done playoff team, which is mostly what they were under Sherman. Then we'll go into '07 with a new QB with virtually no regular season experience.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does my rooting for a different team make my opinion pukey in your eyes? I think Favre is being unfair to the team. That is not my view as a lions fan, it's my view as a football fan. If I'm not allowed to have an opinion on favre, why are any of you allowed to say anything about TO? In my opinion Favre is a hall of fame qb with a hall of shame ego.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's new, big3.

you're still my detroit boyfriend...er...****.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you Greg...Favre is setting himself up to publicly declare what his opinion of this team is...

He's admitted that by returning, he approves of TT's job of setting the team up for him, if he retires, we all know he feels TT did a shotty job, and BF feels the team will suck.

Furthermore, it comes off as somewhat selfish to me. His focus isn't "This team needs my help, I want to come back and try to help them win." Rather, it's, "if they put together a team that I approve of, I'm willing to come back, otherwise I don't want to waste my time."

I know a lot of people will blast me for my position again, and that's fine, but this whole Favre circus has obviously caused me to lose some of the nostalgia surrounding Brett...he's done some phenomenal things for the organization, but I'm not ecstatic with his attitude right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts