What/Who would you like to see the Packers draft?

packfan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mosely doesn't do anything for me. Not trying to be negative but he doesn't seem overly explosive. Seems to dance a lot before seeking ballcarrier. I don't think Mosely realistically would improve our defense much.

Ebron is a mismatch for defenses-IMO would be a very good addition to offense. Clinton-Dix and Pryor are alright, but Hyde is faster than both based on their 40 times. I would rather address a position other than Safety with our first pick and pick up Terrance Brooks (4.42/40) or another safety in the second or third as a rotational player.

If Ebron is gone-I wouldn't mind trading up for Aaron Donald if he is there at say 12 or 13 for our 2nd round pick. Add another good pass rusher. Donald goes 285-290, but would add lots of pass rush in the middle or DE combined with Daniels, Peppers and Jones...just gives our defense even more flexibility to play multiple schemes. If Ebron is gone and can't get Donald I would trade down to late 1st early second and load up on picks as there is lots of talent this year in 2nd, 3rd and later.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Mosley, Mosley, Mosley. He solidifies the front seven. Hopefully they can get Bucannon or Ward or Brooks in 2nd round to add depth and compete with Hyde and Burnett. Trade up in 3rd to get Jordan Matthews.

Last edited:

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. CJ Mosley ILB
2. Terrence brooks S
3. Justin Ellis DT
3. Fiedo TE
4. Adrian Hubbard OLB
5. Terrence Mitchell CB
6. Jalen Saunders WR/KR
7. Jeoffrey Pagan DE
7. L'Damian Washington WR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I messed that up because we have two 5th's not 7th's so forget pagan and take a better D Lineman run stuffer at 5 (comp)

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But keep everything else the same. I like Saunders. He's kind of like Cobb but not as versatile as a WR and I still think Washington out of Mizzou will be a diamond in the rough. Great size and hands.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a versatility standpoint Jake Matthews looks to be worth a trade up to get. If not him try to get Mosley in Round 1 or Bullough in 2 or 3.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ebron at 21 would be awesome if he's gone CB Justin Gilbert or LB Ryan Shazier would be cool. Ebron would replace Finley with a very similar player. Gilbert can be a dynamic returner as a rookie as well as a replacement for Tramon Williams next season. Shazier would add much needed speed, range, and play making ability to the ILB position.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
A. A rangy, centerfielding ballhawk of a FS with good burst and closing speed
B. A 6'4+ (the taller the better) TE with good inline blocking who can still stretch the seam
C. An instinctive sideline to sideline ILB with good point skills, or an intelligent stack and shed ILB who has the speed and athleticism to guard the seam
D. A 2 gap DL who can collapse the pocket and actually get off a block to make a stop while staying disciplined, yet still rush the passer as a 1 tech if necessary
E. An intelligent C/G with a strong anchor, the athleticism to get to the second level, and a quick snap
F. A strong, instinctive, and athletic LOLB who can stop the run, set the edge, and contain while rushing the pass that knows how to read a screen
G. A 6'0+ WR (preferably a deep threat) or CB with #1 and/or KR potential who can play the boundary as well as the slot
H. A 6'2+, intelligent, and athletic developmental QB with a live arm
I. A thumping FB who can catch out of the backfield and contribute bigtime on ST
J. A large, nimble dancing bear of a backup LT with long arms, good hand placement, and a heavy punch who doesn't bend and has the leverage and drive skills to play RT

Good freaking luck, Ted.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Now for prospects I like who may or may not fit anything I just posted:

Jimmie Ward, Terrence Brooks, Brock Vereen, Jonathan Dowling, Dontae Johnson, Marqueston Huff (Honorable mentions: Deone Buchannon, Lamarcus Joyner, Kenny Ladler, Hakeem Smith Sean Parker, Lonnie Ballentine, and Dexter Moody)
Justin Gilbert, Bradley Roby, Jason Verrett, Keith McGill, Pierre Desir, Walt Aikens (Honorable mentions: Phillip Gaines, EJ Gaines, Chris Davis, Aaron Colvin)
CJ Mosely, Ryan Shazier, Yawin Smallwood, Jordan Zumwalt, Jordan Tripp, Christian Kirksey, Avery Williamson (Honorable mentions: Carlos Fields Jr, Steele Divitto, Kyle Van Noy, Carl Bradford)
Kareem Martin, Jeremiah Attaochu, Chris Smith, Trevor Reilly, James Gayle, Devon Kennard, Prince Shembo (Honorable mentions: Demarcus Lawrence, Jackson Jeffcoat, Adrian Hubbard, Larry Webster, Tyler Starr, Elhadji Ndiaye)
Rashede Hageman, Ego Ferguson, Ryan Carrethers, Justin Ellis, Zach Kerr, Beau Allen (Honorable mentions: Daniel McCullers, Caraun Reid, and Jay Bromley)
Weston Richburg, Gabe Ikard, Wesley Johnson, James Stone, Jonnothan Harrison, Matt Paradis (Honorable mentions: Joel Bitonio, Tyler Larsen, Travis Swanson)
Eric Ebron, Austin Sefarin-Jenkins, CJ Fiedorowicz, Jake Murphy, Jordan Najvar (Honorable mentions: Troy Niklas, Marcel Jensen, Arthur Lynch, Richard Rodgers, Jacob Pederson, Rob Blanchflower, Blake Annen, Ted Bolser)
Lorenzo Taliaferro, Jay Prosch, JC Copeland, Ryan Hewitt, Trey Millard, Mo Hagens, Chad Abrams
Martavis Bryant, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Donte Moncrief, Cody Latimer, Jared Abbrederis, Jeff Janis, Shaq Evans, Matt Hazel (Honorable mentions: Brandin Cooks, Marquis Lee, Paul Richardson, Brandon Coleman, Dri Archer, Jerick McKinnon)
Derek Carr, Tom Savage, Brett Smith, Keith Wennig, Jeff Matthews, Brock Jensen (Honorable mentions: Logan Thomas, Taj Boyd, Stephen Morris, Bryn Renner, Chase Rettig, Jordan Lynch, James Franklin)

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Judging by the predraft visits and interest rumors, I'm not going to like this year's draft at all. Very few prospects I like, and quite a few names I actively dislike.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just curious, if he was available for our 2nd round selection, would you rather have Amaro or Niklas?

Niklas. Amaro may turn out to be great but he didn't really play TE in college, he played slot receiver. Not sure how he'll transition to playing TE.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niklas. Amaro may turn out to be great but he didn't really play TE in college, he played slot receiver. Not sure how he'll transition to playing TE.

I just think they might shoot more faith at Quarless's blocking skills and grab another Finley like guy for big play opportunities. But I guess even Finley was a better blocker than Amaro has proven to be.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think they might shoot more faith at Quarless's blocking skills and grab another Finley like guy for big play opportunities. But I guess even Finley was a better blocker than Amaro has proven to be.

I meant to put "shoot more faith THEN THEY SHOULD into Quarless's blocking ability" because I know he wasn't too good at that last year

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thing is that Niklas could become a good receiver as well. He's only played tight end for two years, he's actually got good speed for his size and he's got Gronk's size. Not to mention that he's the best blocker at TE in this draft (Mayock said Niklas could be the best blocking TE in the NFL in a couple years).

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is that Niklas could become a good receiver as well. He's only played tight end for two years, he's actually got good speed for his size and he's got Gronk's size. Not to mention that he's the best blocker at TE in this draft (Mayock said Niklas could be the best blocking TE in the NFL in a couple years).

Mayock is a ******, just a general statement completely unrelated to this topic.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Isn't that basically what we have in quarless though?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't that basically what we have in quarless though?

Not sure anyone would confuse Quarless as someone who could be the best blocker in the NFL. Additionally, Niklas is three inches taller and roughly twenty pounds heavier. Niklas' 40 is slower than Quarless but when you have a 6'7", 270lb TE I'm not sure sheer speed is what matters.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not sure anyone would confuse Quarless as someone who could be the best blocker in the NFL. Additionally, Niklas is three inches taller and roughly twenty pounds heavier. Niklas' 40 is slower than Quarless but when you have a 6'7", 270lb TE I'm not sure sheer speed is what matters.
Ted has never drafted a TE that didn't run faster than a 4.7 at their pro day or the combine.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted has never drafted a TE that didn't run faster than a 4.7 at their pro day or the combine.

Sort of a small sample size don't you think? He's only drafted 5 tight ends total. I'm fairly certain that Thompson has also never drafted a WR over 6'3" but I don't think that means he doesn't like them.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sort of a small sample size don't you think? He's only drafted 5 tight ends total. I'm fairly certain that Thompson has also never drafted a WR over 6'3" but I don't think that means he doesn't like them.
It could also have to do with how few 6'3+ WR run fast enough for TT to draft that make it out of the first round, let alone to our pick. The sample is the sample we have, and is completely different from the connotation of your proposition. If you were to point out that TT has only ever drafted one 320+ OT that would be a different matter.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could also have to do with how few 6'3+ WR run fast enough for TT to draft that make it out of the first round, let alone to our pick. The sample is the sample we have, and is completely different from the connotation of your proposition. If you were to point out that TT has only ever drafted one 320+ OT that would be a different matter.

My point was simply to illustrate the fact that a sample size of five isn't large enough to start making proclamations on Thompson's standards.

Members online

Latest posts