not too shabby, curious why a punter?

my personal opinion would be....

1st round- DE/OLB
2nd round- CB
3rd round- FS [Just in case Nick Collins wont return]
4th round- DE/OLB
5th round- C/G
6th round- DT
7th Round- WR [Understand we have depth, but if DD retires, i could see this being something else if one of the practice squad guys were worth of being promoted, ie. Tori Gurley, Shaky Smithson]

1st round- OL [not specific]
2nd round- DL [again, not specific]
3rd round- HB

thats just food for thought. ;)

several players i want to see break out: Alex Green, Vic So'Oto, Mike Neal.

12theTruth

Love these posts.

Biggest team needs safety, center to groom for Wells, defensive tackle (Pickett and Green are marginal and aging), defensive end (once again talent upgrade) cornerback (we need a heir apparent to Woodson, not sure if House or Lee is that person.

1st DE
2nd CB
3rd C/G
4-1 S
4-2 DT
4-3 QB
5th OLB
6th T
7-1 TE
7-2 WR

The Packers are due a draft pick from the Jets for Caleb Schauderaff probably a 7th
The Packers will get compenssatory picks for Cullen Jenkins and Daryn Colledge

1st DT
2nd RB
3rd OG

Sacpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st: we need an Outside linbacker like Bruce Irvin who has amazing upside, and he has incredible pass-rush skills.
2nd: I would love to trade up and take Devon Still as we will have compensation picks from a few players.
3rd: I would want to take another lineman, Offensive or defensive
4th: Best Value player until we take a quarterback like Case Keenum or Kellen Moore to develop our second Flynn.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

I don't think we can wait until 2013 to get a back. Grant ain't the guy anymore, and at times Starks wasn't either, and without knowing if Green can be the guy now with his knee....

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our biggest needs are:

OLB or DE that can pass rush
CB
Safety.

In Round 1 we should take whichever is the best player at 1 of those 4 positions.

This is a very deep draft for Defensive Lineman, so unless a top DL falls to us in round 1, we may be better off drafting an OLB, CB or Safety first and a DL in round 2.

Best available players are IMO:

DT/DE: Quenton Coples, Michael Brockers (has huge potential), Devon Still
OLB: Courtney Upshaw, Melvin Ingram, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus
CB: Morris Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick, Janoris Jenkins
Safety: Mark Barron

If any of those players are there at #28, they are takers.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Draft and develop, address needs while predicting re-signings. I assume that most starters will be leaving regardless of if I think they will, so those are the guys you'll see me predict. Also keep in mind that I don't bother looking at draft depth. Does this make me REALLY bad at this? probably, but its safe.

1. OLB (we need one, so does everybody else, get 'em while thet're hot, cuz they're goin fast)
2. DE (no secret we could use an upgrade)
3. WR (with Driver gone we'll need a legitimate deep threat and speed gets hard to find later)
4. C (Wells gone, and Lang, Dietrich-Smith, and Goode all up for re-signings next year. If they leave we have NOBODY with any decent amount of experience.)
5. DE (switch it with WR if you want, but 3-4 are much easier to find than 4-3, so depth should be on our side)
6. G (once again, 3 contracts in 2013 we cant afford to lose because of depth.)
7. FS (safeties usually keep til the later rounds, but we'll still need Collins insurance or at least a better back-up plan than using our starting SS and putting in Peprah-le-pew to get burnt)

1. RB (this has always been our downfall, and feature backs always seem so elusive. Also, Starks will be in his year
2. TE (just in case Finley still hasn't gotten his head right)
3. WR (never enough options, right? Go olb if you like, but I doubt Matthews will be leaving. Jones seems more likely candidate for a cap casualty)
4. DT (fairly certain Raji will re-sign. Pickett is old but 2012 should have picked up his replacement so he can be released without a problem)
5. SS (in case we lose Burnett)
6. FB (I happen to like Kuhn, he's well balanced. A jack of all trades so to speak, but you know what they say about those)
7. S (we already took care of Collins' replacement/back-up, but Collins could be affected, and Burnett has no back-up worth speaking of)

Bonus round 2014
1. CB (I doubt Woodson will stay this long, chances are he'll retire earlier, but this will also be Tramon Williams' contract year. same for Davon House)
2. WR (Nelson isn't consistent enough for my taste)
3. MLB (Bishop will want what we paid Hawk, I say we cut Hawk's underachieving rear and give it to him)
4. OT (PLEASE do not let Bulaga get away)
5. WR (punt returner. I expect by this time Cobb will have made himself too valuable to return kicks)
6. CB (see above)
7. OT ( 2015 is Sherrod's club option year, and he may not perform. Could also be MLB if you liked the joke about tossing Hawk)

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we start utilizing draft picks in this manner...the Packers are in trouble. Ted has a system that seems to work using BPA or BVA however you want to say it. To say we need to draft a certain position in each round, and have it mapped out ahead of time, is a formula for perennial failure.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If we start utilizing draft picks in this manner...the Packers are in trouble. Ted has a system that seems to work using BPA or BVA however you want to say it. To say we need to draft a certain position in each round, and have it mapped out ahead of time, is a formula for perennial failure.
I did just say I was "REALLY bad at this" right? The draft is unpredictable; so much so that I really didn't need to say it. There is a reason why Ted is getting paid to do this and not us. Now let us have our fun fantasizing about ideal situations and general tendencies.

Members online

Latest posts