What we need for the Packers to make playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
This is coming after the win against ATL.
Also I'm not saying it's going to happen just posting what needs to happen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181209-152552~2.png
    Screenshot_20181209-152552~2.png
    533.9 KB · Views: 393

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically whoever wins tomorrow night has to lose the rest of their games after that. Not happening.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Minnesota loses all the game besides beating the bears and the bears lose out and we win out divisions champs lmao... I have better chance banging my mother in law...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Minnesota loses all the game besides beating the bears and the bears lose out and we win out divisions champs lmao... I have better chance banging my mother in law...
I was with you until that last part, BTW, don't bother, she wasn't all the good. :D

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sad thing is that if we could've beaten the Cardinals at home we really could've had a realistic (but long) shot. Throw in the Seahawks game, and either @LA or home for Minnesota and we'd be in solid shape. Shame. Wasted year.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking again:

1 through 4 are almost certainly happening. Hard to see the loser of Min/Sea losing two more given those schedules (again, had we beat Seattle, we'd be in business). Then there's the whole winning out thing...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The sad thing is that if we could've beaten the Cardinals at home we really could've had a realistic (but long) shot. Throw in the Seahawks game, and either @LA or home for Minnesota and we'd be in solid shape. Shame. Wasted year.
Despite "beating up" on the Falcons today, I don't think the Packers ever had any traction this season to be considered to "be in solid shape". A game like today may make fans say "would have, should have, could have", but I still think this team has a lot of work ahead of it to get back to competing for Super Bowls.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically whoever wins tomorrow night has to lose the rest of their games after that. Not happening.

You actually have that wrong. Only one of those teams has to lose 3 games. So the loser tomorrow night has to lose two of their last three OR the winner has to lose their last three. Agree with your takeaway though. Not happening.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite "beating up" on the Falcons today, I don't think the Packers ever had any traction this season to be considered to "be in solid shape". A game like today may make fans say "would have, should have, could have", but I still think this team has a lot of work ahead of it to get back to competing for Super Bowls.

Sure. I know what you mean. This team has some serious deficiencies, which is why we lost the cited games. But if we were 8-5 or 8-4-1 with a 2 to 3 game lead on the loser of Monday night's game, we'd be in pretty solid shape.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sure. I know what you mean. This team has some serious deficiencies, which is why we lost the cited games. But if we were 8-5 or 8-4-1 with a 2 to 3 game lead on the loser of Monday night's game, we'd be in pretty solid shape.
The thing is, I can't see talking about games we "should have won", without talking about games we "could have lost" and those seem to balance each other out this year. I know some don't want to hear it, but the Packers record right now is pretty indicative of the team they currently have.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, I can't see talking about games we "should have won", without talking about games we "could have lost" and those seem to balance each other out this year. I know some don't want to hear it, but the Packers record right now is pretty indicative of the team they currently have.

Yeah, the record could definitely be worse. And even in my "what if" scenario above, this team was never sniffing an NFC championship game, let alone a Super Bowl. I'd still argue that any team with Aaron Rodgers *near* his prime shouldn't be this far back in the playoff hunt. A lot of coaches should and would have this flawed team in better position.

And here's my disclaimer that I don't solely blame McCarthy. I actually like the guy. Sometimes things get stale and it's time to move on. 13 years was a long time, and maybe a little too long.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope your wife doesn't read your posts, bro.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In regard to "if"; in the immortal words of Tommy Joe Crutcher-"if a frog had wings, it wouldn't whomp its *** everytime it jumped".

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Another way to see it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181209-165824.png
    Screenshot_20181209-165824.png
    973.8 KB · Views: 197

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've actually gotten a ton of surprising help the last 2 weeks with Carolina losing to the Bucs and Browns. They'd be in a pretty good position if they hadn't inexplicably dropped a home game to Arizona last week.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I always liked "If my Aunt Gladys had *********, she could be my uncle Norman."

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs lost so that's done
Redskins lost so they need to lose 1 more
Panthers lost so they need to lose 1 more
Eagles lost so they need to lose 1 more

Vikings or Seahawks must lose 3 they play tomorrow. I think it's best if Vikings lose. Then they need to lose two of dolphins @lions and bears. I think this can happen.

Of course none of this matters if packers dont win out.

Bowman57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs lost so that's done
Redskins lost so they need to lose 1 more
Panthers lost so they need to lose 1 more
Eagles lost so they need to lose 1 more

Vikings or Seahawks must lose 3 they play tomorrow. I think it's best if Vikings lose. Then they need to lose two of dolphins @lions and bears. I think this can happen.

Of course none of this matters if packers dont win out.

The ‘78 Yankees were 14 games back in July...
Billy Martin gets fired...
Yankees go on to win the World Series...

GO PACK GO

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a ton of help last week and that loss to the Cardinals basically made this a hail mary from our 10 yard line.

Seattle losing @49ers, KC is probably more likely than the Vikings losing to the Dolphins and Bears at home or any combo of those 3 remaining games. If the playoffs are in our horizon... it will most likely need to come thru Seattle falling down at the end of the season.

Washington is done... they are onto their 4th string QB.
Carolina has to beat New Orleans twice.
Philadelphia has to beat @Rams and the Texans.

We are basically either the Vikings or Seahawks collapse away from the playoffs... well if we win out that is.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on it happening, but I sure as hell am rooting for it to happen.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
So if the Pack win the SB does Joe Philin get a street named after him then?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that it wasn't beyond a foregone conclusion already, but the Bears' win over the Rams has officially eliminated us from contention for the NFC North title.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are basically either the Vikings or Seahawks collapse away from the playoffs... well if we win out that is.

This is correct - the 3 teams at 6-7 we can assume we will pass. We probably won't win out - the Bears look like a SB contender. Our season was killed by losing to both the Vikings and Seahawks.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is correct - the 3 teams at 6-7 we can assume we will pass. We probably won't win out - the Bears look like a SB contender. Our season was killed by losing to both the Vikings and Seahawks.
Might as well throw in The Rams game as well as New England. Those games were definitely winnable, but in each of those games we shot ourselves in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts