What was the greatest game that you ever attended?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right! I think the Gogolak brothers were the first.
I don't understand why there are NO straight on kickers anymore.
The guy with the Saints (Tom Dempsey) kicked a 63 yarder straight on. And he only had a stump for a foot. (He was born that way)
So it seems a straight on kicker can kick the ball just as far.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game probably has to be the Xmas eve game where Thigpen ( spelling??) dropped the ball in the end zone that allowed the Packers to win..And get the division title
[/quote]

I remember that game that was in '95. I certainly remember it well. The day after my mom passed away.

I think the greatest game I went to was my first one at lambeau in 98. TB Buccaneers were in town, it was a warm one too. My very first trip to Lambeau. My very first packer game was in '97, Monday night game at the Dome against the Viqueens. I have both of those games on tape.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've still never been to an actual game at Lambeau. I've been to a family night scrimmage, but that was pretty much a waste of time.

I'm more of a baseball guy anyways.

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been lucky as I've been to many games over the years. I have a couple that make me smile when ever I think about them. First is one that come to mind is the game where Regiie Sacked Elaway to or three times at the end of a hard fought game to secure a win. Back in 96 when the Pack beat the Vikes to secure home field through out the playoffs. The best part about that game was I had a viking fan with me and all he could do was say nothing. Priceless. The Drive from GB to Milwaukee was also great, people had banners hanging off bridges talking about the path to the SB was going through OUR house. very cool. The last one is more for myself than nayone in here. It was a pre-seaon game a few years back against the Panthers. I was able to witness my two boys, my dad and my great uncle enjoy Lambeau together. It's one of those deals where you have 4 generations at a game it's special any way but to have it in a palce with that much history made it even more special. My great uncle just passed away and I'll have that picture in my mind for the rest of my life those four sitting and talking Packer football in the greatest place in the world and I got to witness it.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would have been when the Steelers played the Packer a few years back. The Steelers won, but still we had a blast. I got to experience a game in Green bay. The Steeler fans are like Packer fans, very respectful and genuinely nice people.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts