WHAT was the Biggests reason for this Loss? [Merged Threads]

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all around bad plays result in our lose

theres alot of players we can blame this game on but all around it was several key plays they added up to this lose. first turnovers by jones, woodson, favre. 2nd half playcalling. wtf was up with that just abandon what we have been doing so good all year and 1st half of game. so what we have bad field position, hasn't stopped us before. clock management on last drive? that was the worst clock management. not 1 of those completed plays did we get out of bounds to stop the clock. bad calls by the refs. the field goal penalty was the worst call thats 4 points difference there. would of only needed a field goal at the end to tie. the challenge at the end of the game on first down. didnt we win the challenge? the ball got moved back so we shouldnt have lost a timeout. 12 men on the field. hmmm they counted 13 players 1 got off 13-1=12.

to bad we let this one get away and it was so damn frustrating to watch this game. even when we were winning in 1st half.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT was the Biggests reason for this Loss ?

I have my own thoughts on this but I am really curious as to what you all think ?

Note - Some of these can be interwoven !!!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Penalties. How many 3rd and longs were there that ended up as 1st and 10s for them? That Barnett facemask was the worst.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Pretty straight forward to me.. 4 to... you don't win many games when losing the to battle by more than 2 let alone stay in the game..

The 2 fumbles in the 1st half altered the course of the overall game.. which led to the subpar play and playcalling in the second half.. playing not to lose.

Reaction score

I can't decide between turnovers and penalties. Man we made turnovers in critical times, and we had stupid penalties that continued the Bears' drives.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

if jones doesn't fumble, we're up around 17-0 in the first quarter...although that may have given them incentive to go to the uber conservative B.S. play calling of the 2nd half even earlier than they already did.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The lack of focus caused all the problems tonight. The fumbles and penalties and the terrible play calling in the second half are a direct result of focus. Brett's interception was absolutely inexcusable. I love the guy, but a savy veteran like Brett can't play like that.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you're right aadp...you say "stupid untimely penalties" or 'bad turnovers" after every game, but they were just unprecedently dumb, numerous and costly tonight.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: WHAT was the Biggests reason for this Loss ?

Penalties. How many 3rd and longs were there that ended up as 1st and 10s for them? That Barnett facemask was the worst.

nathaniel ,

That penalty was one of the penalties I was thinking of. In a game this close; I can't see an excuse for it !!! MM is gonna be pissed !!!

Reaction score

Pretty straight forward to me.. 4 to... you don't win many games when losing the to battle by more than 2 let alone stay in the game..

The 2 fumbles in the 1st half altered the course of the overall game.. which led to the subpar play and playcalling in the second half.. playing not to lose.

I agree with you Pack, with the problem is that on at least a couple of occasions the Bears got a fresh set of down after our D got them to fourth down.

The penalty during the Bears first FG and Barnett's facemask instantly come to mind.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all around bad plays result in our lose

you're right about the refs, but the pack did so many stupid things all game, that it never should have come to that...as you alluded to, even the last 2 minutes was proposterous...I was swearing at the TV as Brett sat for 6 sec behind spitz on every snap.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
I can't decide between turnovers and penalties. Man we made turnovers in critical times, and we had stupid penalties that continued the Bears' drives.

I hear that aadp, that's why I am asking. So much went wrong tonight in so many ways, real stinker considering we had the lead at half !!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We could have still won with the penalties and the turnovers. It was MM's play calling that killed us.

Let's see, Favre is totally hot, almost perfect, in the 1st half. So what do we do? Take Favre out of the game in the 2nd half. That was stupid, very stupid. MM's play calling lost us this game.

It's really a shame because MM has been wonderful all year until this game, the team I wanted to beat the most badly.

LindyInfante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for, "The Bears were the better team when it came down to the wire." Still 4-1 is not a bad thing, we can take revenge at Soldier Field in a few weeks.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I swore so loud after than. The Bear player was right next to the sideline, all he need to do was bump him out of bounds. I notice that a lot with the Packers where they do the difficult task of tackling instead of hitting the player out of bounds on a sideline play. This is still one area the defence needs improvement.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lindy...but it never should have come down to the wire...the packers shooting themselves was the only reason they weren't up about 20 from the first quarter on.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: WHAT was the Biggests reason for this Loss? [Merged Thre

I am really surprised no one has blamed Collins yet.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
I agree with you Pack, with the problem is that on at least a couple of occasions the Bears got a fresh set of down after our D got them to fourth down.

The penalty during the Bears first FG and Barnett's facemask instantly come to mind.

Early in the second half we went into the do not lose this game mode.. avoid the turnovers.. which we failed at.

But the penalties were a very close second..

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my reasons for why we lost

1. we dont have a running game. when your winning a game you should be able to run the ball.

2. in the second half we where playing like we had nothing to play for. their should be no reason for our poor play in the second half. we didnt lose any players.

3. too many flags where called on us.

4. turnovers. no one is going to win a game with 5 turnovers.

5. the way we played in the last 2 min. they where out their playing like they had all the time on the world.

but the bottom line is that if jones didnt put the ball on the ground we would have won the game. we could have at least gotten 2 fgs and in the last 2 min we could have gotten another fg.

fell free to add to the list. :)

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What deflates a team more, offensive turnovers or stupid defensive penalties resulting in first downs instead of punts? I would normally say turnovers, but after tonight I am not sure.

LindyInfante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lindy...but it never should have come down to the wire...the packers shooting themselves was the only reason they weren't up about 20 from the first quarter on.

So your saying the Bears ints and forced fumbles were all our fault and not just the result of good defensive play by the Teddy's? I know none of us like to admit that we lost to the better team tonight, but in the aspect of the Bears not getting the penalties doubled by their conservative play effort they were the better team tonight. Look, we fix these areas and it's our win. I'm not saying the Bears are a better team, look at our record vs theirs. I guess I'm just saying they were the better "mistake free" team tonight and their defense came up with the turnovers that ours couldn't. We're still 4-1 and own this division and most of the NFC.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:

So your saying the Bears ints and forced fumbles were all our fault and not just the result of good defensive play by the Teddy's? I know none of us like to admit that we lost to the better team tonight, but in the aspect of the Bears not getting the penalties doubled by their conservative play effort they were the better team tonight. Look, we fix these areas and it's our win. I'm not saying the Bears are a better team, look at our record vs theirs. I guess I'm just saying they were the better "mistake free" team tonight and their defense came up with the turnovers that ours couldn't. We're still 4-1 and own this division and most of the NFC.

Brett's INT is definitely on him and not to Urlacher's credit. Jones 2nd fumble was a great play by Tillman, I don't really remember what happened on the first on.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: WHAT was the Biggests reason for this Loss? [Merged Thre

What deflates a team more, offensive turnovers or stupid defensive penalties resulting in first downs instead of punts? I would normally say turnovers, but after tonight I am not sure.

TheKanataThrilla ,

To be honest with you it was the stupid penalties that bothered me more than the turn overs. I am not saying this is why we lost the game but I can understand the two tough turnovers rookie JJ had ( as much as I hated to see them ).

I can't however, tolerate stupid, uncalled for penalties by players who have been around awhile; but that's just me !!!

Members online

Latest posts