1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What type of music do YOU listen to?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, May 25, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I saw the thread about the best CD's of the past year, and I was curious as to what type of music everyone was in to.

Personally, I am more of an all around type of guy. I like rap, raised in New York, where rap reigns supreme.

But I also listen to Rock, bands like Linkin Park and Nickleback. Also don't mind some other rock stuff I hear on the radio.

Lately, I have really gotten into techno and reggae. lol odd you say? Well all I can respond with is that the ladies love both these types of music. Nice stuff to dance to and get to know the ladies while out at a club or party. That's where my like for it increased ten fold.

So what type of music are you into?

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Standards: Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett...........

Jazz: Getz, Miles Davis, Coltrane, Holliday................

Blues: Delta, Hill, Texas, Chicago...it is all good

Rock: AC/DC to Zappa.........

Classical: Like the Russian stuff...angst ridden and fiery.

Early Rock: Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochrane........

Motown/Soul: Al Green, Temptations, Archie Bell and the Drells........

It all stirs the soul!

3. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Al Green............Marvin Gaye......Earth Wind and Fire.

Led Zeppelin....Aerosmith....Audioslave.

Country? I think of the movie "Deliverance" when I here country!

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    David Hasselhoff, John Tesh, William Shattner......no I'm just messin' with ya.

Mostly classic rock.

5. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Classic Rock and Roll provides the basis of my musical needs.

For any other classic rock fans, I run a daily (weekday) snippet quiz at the following site.
    Yahoo Groups Classic Music Quiz

Each day, I upload a snippet from a classic song (mostly rock) to tease your brain. The next day, I'll post the title and artist.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Beach Boys, Beattles, Cat Stevens, Los Lonely Boys, JOHNNY CASH.
    To me......most RAP doesn't do anything for me. Just my preference. I like music where the people actually sing.

7. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I listen to any style of music, if I think it is good or speaks to me in some way.

CURRENT: Green Day, Nickleback, Evanescence.

CLASSIC: Springsteen, Stones, Pink Floyd

POP: Maroon 5, Five for Fighting, many 70's and 80's groups(the formative HS years)

STANDARDS: Sinatra, Dean Martin

POLKA: Romy Gosz, Alvin Styczynski, Seven Sharps(my old group from Maribel)

8. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mostly ROCK.

But pretty much anythign but country. sick...

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    classic rock which is now, sadly, from the 80's when i was in high school!!!!!

my most recent CD purchase was michael buble - love the song "home".

i'm a classically trained musician so i can also appreciate Mozart & Bach.

i LOVE 38 special, alabama, whitesnake, def leppard, & any polka band who plays "roll out the barrel"!! :wink:

10. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Polka...how is it that you do not live in "The Motherland"? Home and prime mover and shaker of the polka world in the continental US.

11. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i don't know!!! but my maiden name was Fischer (can it GET anymore German?), i LOVE beer, brats, mustard, kraut, & polka dancing!!! i think i was born in the wrong state!!! :-?

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Arnold Schwartzenaggar in his high school music appreciation class: Arnold says to his classmate..........."You be Mozart........and (ready for this?) I'll be BACH!!!" LOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    lmao, oh man that was good! Cheesy I admire the ability you have to play on words. Just as usual, you make me laugh hard yet again.

I am so glad you are done with school, I can't think of what I would do if someone like you was next to me in my class or worse, while I was writing a final exam.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's a DIRTY job allabout.......but SOMEONE has to do it! Really, i can't HELP it. My mind has ALWAYS worked that way. My brother in law ALWAYS says i missed my calling......i should have been a comedian. But for whatever reason, i'm HERE instead! I DO like to make people laugh though......to me, it's one of the best feelings, to make someone laugh. It lightens the day a little. Of course, i KNOW there are some that don't like my interjections of humor.

15. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    STOP WITH ALL YOUR INTERJECTIONS OF HUMOR!!!!

SHEEESH!!!!

lol j/k :thumbsup:

16. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  17. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Country.[​IMG]

18. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I listen to mostly Country: Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood.

Old time Rock'n Roll: Eagles, Chicago, Van Halen, Air Supply, 80's rock.

Theres also a few songs my son listens to that I like dont know the names of them all.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey!!! You didn't mention the tape i sent you!!! :wink:

20. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    :shock:

Cheesy I didn't know you were into that sort of stuff... :p

21. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Beatles
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Iggy Pop
    Tool
    Nirvana
    Alice in Chains
    Black Sabbath
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    Buddy Guy
    CCR
    Cream
    Doors
    Metallica
    Korn
    Pantera
    Red Hot Chili Peppers

Too many to list. Can't deal with Rap or Country.

22. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll copy my music thing from my myspace.

2pac, 3 doors down, 4th25, 50 cent, A Tribe Called Quest, the Academy is, Acceptence, AC/DC, Aerosmith, the All American Rejects, the Allman Brothers, Arctic Monkeys, Audioslave, Barenaked ladies, the Beatles, Ben Folds, Ben Harper, Black Eyed Peas, Blackalicious, Blackstar, Blink 182, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, the Bravery, Bruce Springsteen, Cake, Coldplay, Common, the Counting Crows, the Cranberries, Danger Doom, Damien Rice, Dashboard Confessional, Dave Matthews, Death Cab for Cutie, Dispatch, the Doors, DJ Danger Mouse, Dr Dre, the Eagles, Edan, Elliot Smith, Eminem, Eric Clapton, Eric B and Rakim, Foo Fighters, Frank Sinatra, Franz Ferdinand, the Fugees, G Love, Garbage, Gnarls Barkley, Gob, Gorillaz, the Dead, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Guster, the Hives, Hootie and the Blowfish, Incubus, Jack's Mannequin, Jack Johnson, Jamiroqui, Jason Mraz, Jay Z, Jet, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Buffet, Joe Cocker, Joe Walsh, John Legend, John Lennon, John Mayer, John Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Kansas, Kanye West, Keane, the Killers, Korn, Lauryn Hill, Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, Live, Louis XIV, Ludacris, Lynard Skynard, Mannie Fresh, Maroon 5, Matchbox 20, Michael Buble, MIKE JONES (who?), Miles Davis, Modest Mouse, moe, Mos Def, Motion City Soundtrack, Nas, Nirvana, O-ZONE!, OAR, Offspring, Our Lady Peace, Outkast, Ozzy, Panic at the Disco, Phish, Pink Floyd, the Postal Service, Propellerheads, Public Enemy, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reel Big Fish, REM, Robert Johnson, the Rolling Stones, the Roots, Rush, Santana, Scissor Sisters, Sheryl Crow, the Shins, Smashing Pumpkins, Smile Empty Soul, Snoop Dogg, Something Corporate, Stephen Lynch, the Strokes, Sufjan Stevens, Sublime, Talib Kweli, They Might Be Giants, Third Eye Blind, Tim Reck, Toots and the Maytals, U2, Usher, Van Morrison, Velvet Revolver, Vertical Horizon, the Wallflowers, Weather Report, Weezer, the White Stripes, Wilco, Yellowcard, Yes, the Zutons.

23. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Mostly rock, some rap no country!!!!

I can go to just about any station ( main stream ones) on the radio and chances are I will know the song..

My favorite band is a local one...The Gufs...they will be at Summer Fest on July 1st headlining the hog stage ( old lazer stage)

24. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    <----music snob.

hip hop aficionado-inquire within, i can help you.

reggae-roots sh!t...gladiators, culture, pato banton, tosh, etc. that new Damian Marley was nice. i'm kind of ignorant to the whole dub scene, but i dig that stuff quite a bit.

classic rock-far too many to list. i think it would be similar to most...im a humongous Doors fan. that sh!t takes me somewhere else completely.

jazz, soul, funk, blues-pretty typical stuff...miles, coltrane, monk, charlie parker, duke ellington, ornette coleman, herbie hancock, curtis mayfield, james brown, parliament, stevie wonder, ray charles, muddy waters, marvin, al, and so on and so on...

if anybody can put me on to some freeform jazz i'm not hip to, please let me know.

also, if anybody needs an album, hit me. i'll get it for you if i dont already have it.

25. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Philtration......Iggy Pop! My respect for you has just nudged up a little bit.

Man, that early Stooges stuff is brutal...and his return to form since Brick by Brick has been outstanding work.

Gonna have to go home and crank up "Raw Power" after work tonight.