What to do with Brett

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When its all over and the old gunslinger throws his final INT what should the Packers do? A few of the options I believe the Packers could go with...

1. We could do nothing, and never retire his number, never put him in the Packers HOF, and never issue his jersey to anyone else.

2. We could offer him to come to Lambeau right away and retire it in a ceremony done by TT and MM. I think there would be a strong chance Brett would decline that.

3. Wait 10 years and act like nothing happened, and try and rebuild the relationship between him and the Packers

4. Put him in the packers Hall of Fame but never retire his number.

I am sure you guys are going to come up with some great ideas that we could do. While I think its a general thought among football fans that we havent seen the last of favre I guess its possible he could retire now.:viksux:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5. Invent that silver tube amnesia device from Men In Black and zap everyone. Who's Brett Favre?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I still think his number should be retired. I think we should wait until 2 or 3 years after he retires, so we know for sure he's gone, and then bring him back on a Monday night home game for a big ceremony.

He gives a speech about how much he loves the Packers organization and fans, we retire his number, all's forgiven.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it's all said and done, he will have his number retired by the organization, and will be in the Packers' HoF.

When it'll be, I don't know.
And I'm pretty sure some fans will never forgive him...

But most eventually will...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When it's all said and done, he will have his number retired by the organization, and will be in the Packers' HoF.

When it'll be, I don't know.
And I'm pretty sure some fans will never forgive him...

But most eventually will...

spot on and its something I agree with

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it all depends on when Favre himself decides on when he wants to come back to Lambeau. Will he want to accept the invite right away or several years down the road? Will he want to retire as a packer if at all? He may even retire his jersey with the Vikes if he feels like it.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we have to wait until TT and MM are gone?

will it be awkward if the fans boo him?

Should the organization listen to the fans if they are strongly against it?

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he gets the whole shebang. As much as I dislike him now and think he is an inconsiderate diva, he did a lot for the Packers and that should be remembered in some fashion.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should assign his number to the back up kicker. Maybe someday down the line we can retire it, maybe the same night we retire Rodgers' jersey after he brings us multiple Super Bowl trophies.

He had a chance to have it all- Go out on top with the fans still loving him. Instead he chose to be a two bit jersey-shore ****** bag and join the Vikings. While I'll certainly forgive, I will not forget.

Of course I'm drunk at the moment, so I imagine this is nothing more than an alcohol induced rant. =)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a good question, but my 2 main objectives now are what we do with the bastard THIS SEASON.
I want to sack the crap out of him.
If we can't get to him for sacks, I want a few late hits on him, and hard ones.

Dirty or not, intimidating or not, I want to hit the guy early and often, and hard.

When he plays scared, he throws wild.

And I truely agree that whoever wins our punting job should get the #4 right now. Seriously. And let's hope the punter has a long nice career for us.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say we do nothing until he is enshrined into Canton. Then we put his name on the ring of honor and be done with it. Maybe several years from now we can put him into the Packer HOF but not for a while. I'd wait. I've heard time heals wounds.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should assign his number to the back up kicker. Maybe someday down the line we can retire it, maybe the same night we retire Rodgers' jersey after he brings us multiple Super Bowl trophies.

He had a chance to have it all- Go out on top with the fans still loving him. Instead he chose to be a two bit jersey-shore ****** bag and join the Vikings. While I'll certainly forgive, I will not forget.

Of course I'm drunk at the moment, so I imagine this is nothing more than an alcohol induced rant. =)

I'm sober and this is a little mild for what I really want to say but I know better and understand that's not how things work outside my head. I'm guessing the bastard will get into the Packers HOF and I don't care when or how because I will never like it.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a good question, but my 2 main objectives now are what we do with the bastard THIS SEASON.
I want to sack the crap out of him.
If we can't get to him for sacks, I want a few late hits on him, and hard ones.

Dirty or not, intimidating or not, I want to hit the guy early and often, and hard.

When he plays scared, he throws wild.

And I truely agree that whoever wins our punting job should get the #4 right now. Seriously. And let's hope the punter has a long nice career for us.

THIS I agree with. Our concern right now with Brett is how to beat him, we can think about retiring his number later. Besides I'd rather think about retiring the number 12.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NO FREANKING WAY!!!

No way you tarnish Rodgers' enshrinement by having Favre's at the same time.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
We could say we're going to retire his number, then not do it at the last minute, wait a year, and then say we're going to retire it again, then not do it again at the last minute.

Winner.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could say we're going to retire his number, then not do it at the last minute, wait a year, and then say we're going to retire it again, then not do it again at the last minute.

Brilliant.

I kinda hope he goes in the Hall as a Viking just so we have a good reason to never include him in anything the organization does.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll feel a lot better toward favre if I get to watch the Pack wipe the floor with him this season. I can't hold a grudge if he pays for his sins.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will never hold a ceremony for him until they think the fans would accept it. Imagine 70,000 fans booing his uniform retirement like they booed him at Lambeau last year. The Packers have enough class that they would not do that. I feel they should never retire his number, but if they do it will have to be at least a generation from now for people to forget his manipulations to get to the Vikings. The SOB is a Viking as far as I'm concerned. Let them retire his number.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Absolutely brilliant!!

Members online

Latest posts