What TIME does the draft start?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11:00 a.m. Central?

I ask this of someone every year, because I forget . . . . every year.

Sorry.

I can't find the start time on ESPN of NFL.com.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The 71st annual NFL Draft will be held in New York City on April 29-30, 2006. Rounds 1-3 will begin at 12 Noon EST, Saturday April 29th. Rounds 4-7 will follow on Sunday, April 30th, starting at 11am EST.

For the first time, Radio City Music Hall will host the event, which has been held in New York City since 1965. As always, tickets are free to the public, but distribution details are still unknown. In past years, tickets were made available on a first-come first-serve basis at the box office ticket window only. (Details will be posted as they are made available.)

ESPN will televise the draft from noon on Saturday until 7pm with ESPN2 taking over coverage for the rest of the day. On Sunday, ESPN will televise the draft from 11am - 1pm and ESPN2 will carry the remainder of the seven rounds.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's actually the Canadian government that sucks (this is not a political post Ryan). The Canadian telecommunications regulator will not allow channels like HBO or ESPN to broadcast in Canada so we're stuck with an ESPN sub called TSN, which broadcasts only the first 3-5 hours of the draft (depending on the NHL playoffs).

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
It's also on NFL Network this year for those of us not lucky enough to get ESPN.

TO,

Bailey's Sports Bar & Grill
3205 Bailey Ave
Buffalo, NY 14215-1628

or some other sports bar.
it shouldn't be more than 2-2 1/2 hours away. you owe it to yourself!
The only downside are the Bills fans that you would be hanging around.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're limited to ESPN turn the sound down and listen to the Packer Game Day Radio Network guys online at
http://www.620wtmj.com/

There should be a few people in the chat room.

No need to hear Suzi Kolber ask "What did it feel like to have your name called?" or

Sal's burglary tell you that Reggie Bush is not necessarily a bust if he does not win rookie of the year.

Chris Berman will advise "Well it looks like the commissioner is walking to the podium. Let's pause to hear what he has to say."

You can watch them ignore pick #33 as that player is just a loser. If he was any good he would have been a first round pick.

And with the Packers on the clock it is time for a commercial break.

For your own sanity and better information do not listen to the ESPN coverage.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Boy have I had enough of that to last a lifetime! :x

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Boy have I had enough of that to last a lifetime! :x

And if that isn't bad enough, when they come back from the commercial break they ignore the selection the Packers made so you have to watch the ticker at the bottom of the screen. And just when it get's to the Packers selection they cut away to announce the next team's selection.

I almost kicked the screen a couple of times last year.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
TOPackerFan said:
It's also on NFL Network this year for those of us not lucky enough to get ESPN.

TO,

Bailey's Sports Bar & Grill
3205 Bailey Ave
Buffalo, NY 14215-1628

or some other sports bar.
it shouldn't be more than 2-2 1/2 hours away. you owe it to yourself!
The only downside are the Bills fans that you would be hanging around.

I very seldom intentionally go to Buffalo. I think I'll stay home and watch it on NFL Network this year (I don't need to see Kiper's plugs that much). Thanks for the info though (I actually considered this before I heard that the draft would be on NFL Network this year.)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts