What the Vikings have to say about the Packers

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are some comments from the Vikings about the Packers after yesterday's game. I've taken these quotes from an article by Bob McGinn in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

DARREN SHARPER
"Dallas is a beatable team," said Sharper, a Packer until 2004. "We showed that. If they can slow down Marion Barber . . . man, that guy can play.
"If they (the Packers) get home field, I could see it happening. It all comes down to home field. They're going to be tough to stop. When it gets cold, you've got to give them games here as a lock. I could definitely see them 14-2."

DWIGHT SMITH:
His (Sharper's) fellow safety, Dwight Smith, started for Tampa Bay in its Super Bowl title drive five years ago.
"The Packers looked like one (Super Bowl team) today because they were able to run the football," Smith said. "That was their Achilles' heel. That's the thing I thought was hindering them from being one of the best teams."
Smith also gives Green Bay the edge over Dallas, which was at home Oct. 21 in a 24-14 victory over Minnesota.
"I don't like Dallas' corners," Smith said. "Their D-line is good but I don't know if it's better than Green Bay's. Green Bay has rush ends, cover corners and linebackers who can run. That's all we had in Tampa."

BRAD CHILDRESS:
"Generally, when one team runs that well on another, they are inflicting their will on the other team," Childress said. "I am not used to seeing the ball being run on our defense like that."

DARREN SHARPER:
"He's kind of been MVP," Sharper said, referring to Favre. "He's being more patient, playing a lot smarter, than he was before. He's just being methodical down the field.
"If they don't hurt themselves, they have a good enough defense where they'll be in every game. And they'll make a play eventually because (Greg) Jennings and (Donald) Driver are playmakers. He doesn't have to (force) because he's got playmakers on offense."

RYAN LONGWELL:
"They're playing with confidence," said Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell, a Packer from 1997-2005. "The guys I still talk to, they love McCarthy. They really buy into his program.
"From the first time we played them (Sept. 30) until today, they definitely believe now that they should be 8-1. They're playing with confidence. They're playing really, really well."

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats great to hear, and finally Sharpers says something nice about us. I was listening to the NFL channel and they are saying we arent still in the same league as Dallas. I want to know what they are looking at, because I think we can win them if we play well. I think we are contenders..

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats great to hear, and finally Sharpers says something nice about us. I was listening to the NFL channel and they are saying we arent still in the same league as Dallas. I want to know what they are looking at, because I think we can win them if we play well. I think we are contenders..

+1 i also saw that but its only a matter of time before we shut them up. :)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for posting this its good to hear some positive remarks.

HOWEVER.

when a team gets spanked 34-0. they cant rightly get in a locker room and tell the media that the team they just played were terrible. (even though i wouldnt put it past the vikings).

So who are you gonna say are super bowl contenders... the team you almost beat or the team that crushed your very soul. so while its nice to hear, you cant really take too much from it ... right?

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HOWEVER.

when a team gets spanked 34-0. they cant rightly get in a locker room and tell the media that the team they just played were terrible. (even though i wouldnt put it past the vikings).

So who are you gonna say are super bowl contenders... the team you almost beat or the team that crushed your very soul. so while its nice to hear, you cant really take too much from it ... right?

Good point. But I liked it that there was none of this "We should've beat them" crap that you so often hear from players after a loss. And their comments were specific enough that you can tell they weren't just saying those things off the top of their head. And the fact that the Vikings also played Dallas, and were more competitive in that game, means something to me.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HOWEVER.

man, you had to go and screw up the vibe!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

HOWEVER.

Good point. But I liked it that there was none of this "We should've beat them" crap that you so often hear from players after a loss. And their comments were specific enough that you can tell they weren't just saying those things off the top of their head. And the fact that the Vikings also played Dallas, and were more competitive in that game, means something to me.

Two of their common opponents - the Vikings and the Giants, we beat by a much wider margin.

We'll see just how good the Cows are in a few weeks.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

+1 i also saw that but its only a matter of time before we shut them up. :)

I hope we shut them up soon, we are the real deal!! :)

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"They're playing with confidence," said Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell, a Packer from 1997-2005. "The guys I still talk to, they love McCarthy. They really buy into his program.

Hooray for buying into systems! Favorite quote out of the bunch.

FrozenTundra1979

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hooray for buying into systems! Favorite quote out of the bunch.

Does a kicker even get involved in the program/system? I thought they weren't given access to the locker rooms.

Members online

Latest posts