What the F***!

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I just checked the team website. The team has terminated the contract of Wahle as epected. But they also released Ruegamer. If Wahle and Rivera are gone, as expected, why on earth would we cut their top back up. Doesn't amke sense to me. Maybe they needed money to sign R-Kal Truluck and Antonio Chatman, which they did do today. I don't get it. At least we tendered contract offers to the restricteds.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well i was wondering since we cut Wahle are we still over the cap i mean releasing Wahle and Ruegamer must have freed up some space right?

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did they rush to sign Truluck and Chatman? Likewise, why weren't Luchey, Roman and especially Hawthorne on the list w/ Whale and Rue? Neither of the 3 have lived up to their expections or salary. I mean why stop w/ Rue and Whale; keep chopping wood.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the next few days pass by - We probably will see Roman & Hawthorne thrown to the wolves...

As far as Ruegamer goes - We still have Scott Wells, right?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected Roman to be gone this off-season, he's a failed project, but they should resign Luchey, he will be the heir of Henderson at the FB position.

Btw, to me, these moves seems like moves that would have been done if Favre was to retire, because with Favre retiring, Shermans salary cap problems would be all gone, and give him the opportunity to build up a new O-line in the upcoming draft, and free agency.

However, they offered contracts to players including Craig Nall, and I would want to have a strong o-line around this guy.

Maybe they are going to at least sign Rick DeMulling

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offering to Nall is no surprise - He's earned at least a decent opportunity to step up... Also - the Draft this year is QB light... even the Niners aren't real happy with nothing called 'starting material' out there to look at. JT O'sullivan tho' - he interests me... not sure why... other than his resume stats from N.O.

I'd sure hate to see Brett retire - especially with going out on what that last game had... you'd think he'd give it at least one more shot.. just one! Then he can end a great career on the right note!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the moves we have been seeing lately makes a good build up to Favres retirement, because I believe they would have sacrificed more to keep the O-line intact if he were to return.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This pic is great.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Zzzzzz...huh....wha?!?! Hey, when do we trade up for that Clarett kid?"

That's from PFT.com

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been a lot of bad moves during Sherman's tenuor, but I am suprised no one mentions all the money they spent on Clifton last year. Flannigan played exceptionally well out there while Clifton recovered from his SappAss injury. That alone would have told me I didn't need to spend 10M? dollars in a signing bouns plus a hefty new salary for Clifton when my C is handeling the job for 2.5M? That money could have been spent on a lot of other players. With Clifton's injury, GB could have rolled the dice expecting no other team to sign him for that much. Whale could have moved to LT and Ruegamer to LG if they lossed Clifton. Sherman strikes again.

V

Vikeman

You guys need to get rid of Sherman just as bad as we need to get rid of Tice. At least your orginization doesn't trade away the biggest game breaking receiver of all time for next to nothing.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
You guys need to get rid of Sherman just as bad as we need to get rid of Tice. At least your orginization doesn't trade away the biggest game breaking receiver of all time for next to nothing.

Don Hutson was traded for next to nothing?????

V

Vikeman

i understand the resentment towards Moss since you guys are Packer fans, however the aforementioned statement stands true. this guy gets 90 td's in 7 years...something nobody in the nfl has ever done. he gets constant double and triple coverage and makes the best cornerbacks in the nfl look stupid. saying Moss is not the biggest threat at wr in nfl history is just plain homerism and stupidity.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
i understand the resentment towards Moss since you guys are Packer fans, however the aforementioned statement stands true. this guy gets 90 td's in 7 years...something nobody in the nfl has ever done. he gets constant double and triple coverage and makes the best cornerbacks in the nfl look stupid. saying Moss is not the biggest threat at wr in nfl history is just plain homerism and stupidity.

I think Moss is a great talent at WR. I for one have not seen EVERY WR therefore I can not agree with you. In opinion Don Hutson was the greatest receiver of all time. You know when they played REAL football. You know when the WR weren't protected by the rules of the game. Back when you could atleast TOUCH the reciever. Yes he is a great talent, but to say he is the biggest threat? ...

Food for thought here, what do you call those who insult others for having a different OPINION?

:roll:

V

Vikeman

Real football...back when the hits were more ferocious and the players were bigger and the game was faster? Way back then huh? I never called anyone stupid or made reference to anyone with a difference of opinion. What I did say was to say that is stupidity. Saying something stupid and being stupid are two different things. Don Hutson? Geez at least say Jerry Rice or Art Monk. Brett Favre is the best QB that I've seen play this game. I hate him, he's a Packer, but I would never say Tarkenton was better then Favre just because they played in two different eras.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
saying Moss is not the biggest threat at wr in nfl history is just plain homerism and stupidity.

4thand26 said:
I never called anyone stupid or made reference to anyone with a difference of opinion.

Tell you what, I'll give you that Moss is the BIGGEST threat at WR of the last 10-15 years WHEN he WANTS to be.

V

Vikeman

SlickVision said:
4thand26 said:
saying Moss is not the biggest threat at wr in nfl history is just plain homerism and stupidity.

4thand26 said:
I never called anyone stupid or made reference to anyone with a difference of opinion.

Tell you what, I'll give you that Moss is the BIGGEST threat at WR of the last 10-15 years WHEN he WANTS to be.

Oh my god...I cannot believe we still have people saying this.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's hard to escapte the truth, isn't it ... :) Lets just both agree Moss is a great WR and lets move on to better discussions, please??

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me ask everyone a question that the "P.C. " ESPN types are working overtime to avoid.... and that's Why is only Moss being considered an elite Receiver? Why are we not seeing any comparisons at all of Moss versus T.O.? T.O. has just played in a SuperBowl - so, since the Eagles lost that gambit, Terrell's now a nobody? Something's very wrong with this forced correctness in chatter over at ESPN --- I'm likin' those guys less & less.

One nice thing - is that we now can listen to Steve Czaban on FSR every morning on the drive in to the Office... Waaaay better than before...!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I've always said I think Owens is the best WR in the league, He can block, he never gives up and you know you can depend on him each and every single play to give his all. I do think when Moss WANTS to be a bigger threat, he is.

Owens
Moss
Walker - yea probably a little bias here lol

Members online

Latest posts