What team should be relocated? And where?

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
L. A Rams (who played in Anaheim)
L.A. Raiders
L.A. Charges (moved to San Diego after 1 year)
L.A. Dons (in the 1940's...played in the same league as the Cleveland Browns...folded after 4 years)

Some people think USC is a professional team

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Relocate the Bills to LA...nothing has ever been positive in that city except the creation of the Buffalo wing
Hey now, thats a huge positive! I love me some wings :)I know Vegas was trying for a baseball team...not sure if football would work or not..?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd relocate Buffalo to Toronto.

Toronto is only 120 miles north of Buffalo. It would give the NFL a Canadian presence and be the first step toward globalization. New York already has three teams so many of the Bills fans would just jump on one of those teams's fan bases (probably Giants). Also, I think the Bills could even maintain some of their current fans since Toronto isn't that far from Buffalo. Not like they'd be going to Los Angeles...they could still watch some games if they wanted. Also, they wouldn't have to do a massive reconfiguration of divisions since Toronto still fits in the AFC East.

I also like the idea of moving a team to Vegas, but I've heard they have one of the smallest TV markets and that prevents them from getting professional teams.

What about Oklahoma City? I dunno I just know they have NBA and they're a big football state, too.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Toronto is only 120 miles north of Buffalo. It would give the NFL a Canadian presence and be the first step toward globalization. New York already has three teams so many of the Bills fans would just jump on one of those teams's fan bases (probably Giants). Also, I think the Bills could even maintain some of their current fans since Toronto isn't that far from Buffalo. Not like they'd be going to Los Angeles...they could still watch some games if they wanted. Also, they wouldn't have to do a massive reconfiguration of divisions since Toronto still fits in the AFC East.

I also like the idea of moving a team to Vegas, but I've heard they have one of the smallest TV markets and that prevents them from getting professional teams.

What about Oklahoma City? I dunno I just know they have NBA and they're a big football team, too.

Buffalo to Toronto or Montreal is a good idea. Lets include a couple of cross border teams like the NHL does. The Jags could move to Nebraska, or Alabama

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
somebody needs to be moved to the west coast to swap with the rams. how the rams is in the nfc west is beyond me. they are definitely in the middle of the country

My guess is if Minnesota moves to L.A., then the Rams will probably move into the NFC North (yeah... Dallas in the NFC East makes no sense, either). That, or the Rams move into the AFC South and then Indianapolis moves into the NFC North.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What about Oklahoma City? I dunno I just know they have NBA and they're a big football state, too.

Toronto-No. It would offend Canada, CFL overlaps NFL season.

Vegas-Unlikely. NFL is very paranoid about gambling.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is if Minnesota moves to L.A., then the Rams will probably move into the NFC North (yeah... Dallas in the NFC East makes no sense, either). That, or the Rams move into the AFC South and then Indianapolis moves into the NFC North.
Oh god please dont put the Colts in the NFC North lol

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Buffalo to Toronto or Montreal is a good idea. Lets include a couple of cross border teams like the NHL does. The Jags could move to Nebraska, or Alabama

Croak-
Wer nicht liebt wein, weib, gesang, der bleibt ein narr sein leben lang= (He) Who does not love wine, woman and song, remains a fool his whole life.

wein is an anagram for wine
Have a nice day

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto-No. It would offend Canada, CFL overlaps NFL season.

The Argonauts or Alouettes would just have to get their games scheduled on a non-Sunday. Considering CFL games are usually played on days outside of Sunday anyway, CFL isn't really an issue. Make the Bills a permanent fixture in Toronto and they're outselling the Argonauts/Alouettes.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The Argonauts or Alouettes would just have to get their games scheduled on a non-Sunday. Considering CFL games are usually played on days outside of Sunday anyway, CFL isn't really an issue. Make the Bills a permanent fixture in Toronto and they're outselling the Argonauts/Alouettes.

Bills games sell out in Buffalo. They don't in Toronto.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills games sell out in Buffalo. They don't in Toronto.

Of course they don't sell out yet (Actually, they technically do since Rogers Center buy all the tickets from the Bills. After that, it's if you want to believe the #'s they release). An 0-7 team who

*Comes to town once a year
*Play indoors
*Charges much higher ticket prices than when they play at Buffalo
*Tailgating restrictions due to strict open liquor laws (That would have to be addressed or yes, NFL wouldn't work because you're not getting the "NFL experience").

Right now, Toronto fans are much better off making the two hour trip to see the Bills in Buffalo than going under this "Toronto series." Toronto not only is a bigger market, but you'd automatically gain fans from across the entire country of Canada due to country allegiance. Mixed in with the Bills fans who'd remain loyal and just make the 2 hour trip to Canada, and NFL has a successful organization outside the US.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or even Iowa.

The NFL would never consider Iowa, one main reason we have no facilities large enough to occupy a NFL franchise, plus if we have many minor pro-teams, mostly in the Des Monies area: Iowa Cubs, Iowa Energy(NBA-Development League), Iowa Barnstormers (AFL(Arena)), Des Monies Menace (USL Premier Development League) and USHL teams: Waterloo Black Hawks, Des Moines Buccaneers, Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Sioux City Musketeers. Add on to that the three main universities, UNI, ISU and U of I.

We're full of sports, but no pro-teams, unless the UFL choses Iowa for a expansion (Which might happen), to rival Omaha who has sold out every home game(20,000 seats est,). Which that would be the closes we'd get to a pro-team.

The largest stadium is Kinnick Stadium, cap: 70,585.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikings do move to LA then my proposed name change would be: The Smog Monsters.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Croak-
Wer nicht liebt wein, weib, gesang, der bleibt ein narr sein leben lang= (He) Who does not love wine, woman and song, remains a fool his whole life.

wein is an anagram for wine
Have a nice day

It's a German quote from Luther. It also is a catchy rhyme. Your translation left off the rhyming "long". I always get a kick out of this quote since it came from a famous preacher. It's true though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL would never consider Iowa, one main reason we have no facilities large enough to occupy a NFL franchise, plus if we have many minor pro-teams, mostly in the Des Monies area: Iowa Cubs, Iowa Energy(NBA-Development League), Iowa Barnstormers (AFL(Arena)), Des Monies Menace (USL Premier Development League) and USHL teams: Waterloo Black Hawks, Des Moines Buccaneers, Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Sioux City Musketeers. Add on to that the three main universities, UNI, ISU and U of I.

We're full of sports, but no pro-teams, unless the UFL choses Iowa for a expansion (Which might happen), to rival Omaha who has sold out every home game(20,000 seats est,). Which that would be the closes we'd get to a pro-team.

The largest stadium is Kinnick Stadium, cap: 70,585.

it was a joke. Iowa would just close enough to make it worse for Minnesota

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would move the 'queens to the Phillipines - and rename them the (sarcastic drum roll):band:...Manila folders.

Opa war drei Tage krank, jetzt trinkt er wieder, Gott Sei dank (Grandpa was sick for three days, now he drinks again, thank God)!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I would move the 'queens to the Phillipines - and rename them the (sarcastic drum roll):band:...Manila folders.

Opa war drei Tage krank, jetzt trinkt er wieder, Gott Sei dank (Grandpa was sick for three days, now he drinks again, thank God)!

GROAN on the first one! The second one was funny! (Although a better English translation would probably be "now he's drinking again")

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living up in Canada, the biggest rumour that's whispered around these parts is that the NFL in Toronto-experiment is a feeler to see if its feasible to move the Bills permanently to T.O....

I personally hope this does NOT happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts