What team do you want to see flop this season?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I always have to laugh when folks bring up Philip Rivers because we weren't interested in him. If we didn't make the deal for Eli Manning them we would have drafted Ben Rothlisberger. We weren't interested in Philip Rivers and San Diego Chargers weren't interested in Eli Manning. They drafted him to hold us up and it worked out fine. We got Eli Manning and there is no one else that I would want to be the starting QB on our team.
Funny, way I heard it, Eli demanded the trade.
Actually it is true and not false. We had a very difficult schedule and we won SuperBowl XLVI beating one of the greatest QBs and one of the greatest coaches in the history of NFL. NY Giants are The Best team in NFL.
You did have a difficult sched, you did win the SB, but that does not make you the best team in the NFL. You see, a team is... you know what, I've tried explaining this to people just like you before and not one got it through their thick heads. Enjoy being the "best" until that first loss.

Don't feed the trolls.

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score
The Giants because they beat the Patriots in 2 SB's that Brady deserved to win and how they ended our back to back title hopes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to face both those teams in the playoffs.
You would not face both of them. It would be one.
One & done.
The Saints own the Giants.
And the Iggles do as well in the big games, although that was with McNuts, not Vick. Still I'd bet on the Iggles over NYG if they met in week 17 as do-or-die.

frozengator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tebow's playoff passer rating might be higher than Peyton. Peyton has choked more in the playoffs than anyone aside from Favre. Remember it was Tebow who made the plays to beat the Steelers in that playoff game. It happened.
And Peyton's neck might not hold up, plus Tebow is about 12 years younger.

But Peyton is obviously a much better passer and prototype QB.
You beat me to it.

But, also, I don't mean to suggest that choosing Manning is a bad choice; I think how Tebow was treated during his time in Denver was wasteful and irresponsible. I think that, had Elway used his brain, he might have seen what could be by building a team to meet Tebow's strengths and weaknesses. Instead, he threw him under the bus at every opportunity (trading away great receivers, etc).

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Funny, way I heard it, Eli demanded the trade.
You did have a difficult sched, you did win the SB, but that does not make you the best team in the NFL. You see, a team is... you know what, I've tried explaining this to people just like you before and not one got it through their thick heads. Enjoy being the "best" until that first loss.

Don't feed the trolls.

Eli Manning made it perfectly clear before draft that he wouldn't sign with San Diego and the demanded a trade when they did. San Diego Chargers were hot on Phillip Rivers and that was their guy. They drafted Eli Manning to hold us up and that was a very rare smart move on their part. Heck, when Peyton Manning told them to trade up for number 1 pick they wouldn't have had any issue at QB. They were happy staying at the second spot and picking Ryan Leaf. It makes perfect sense that Eli Manning wouldn't play for them.

It is how NY Giants bounce back from their losses and then dominate that makes us The Best. It is taking the entire season and postseason in to account and NY Giants are The Best.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You would not face both of them. It would be one.
One & done.
The Saints own the Giants.
And the Iggles do as well in the big games, although that was with McNuts, not Vick. Still I'd bet on the Iggles over NYG if they met in week 17 as do-or-die.

Nah. Our defense got healthy and the way we were playing we would have beaten both of them in the playoffs last postseason. No doubt about it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah. Our defense got healthy and the way we were playing we would have beaten both of them in the playoffs last postseason. No doubt about it.
Are you lying to yourself?
The 49ers outplayed you and had you beaten if not for NOT ONE, but TWO unforced gift donation fumbled punts by the same 49er player.

We also dropped ballz like never before.

Those are lucky plays that you can't count on again, and won't get again. You know it.
Funny thing is we had the good luck on our side in the playoff run the season before. I admit it. I bet you don't.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you lying to yourself?
The 49ers outplayed you and had you beaten if not for NOT ONE, but TWO unforced gift donation fumbled punts by the same 49er player.

We also dropped ballz like never before.

Those are lucky plays that you can't count on again, and won't get again. You know it.
Funny thing is we had the good luck on our side in the playoff run the season before. I admit it. I bet you don't.

If that is what you need to tell yourself then go ahead. The fumble in overtime in San Francisco was because the ball was knocked out and we recovered. The game in Green Bay was a pure good old fashioned butt whipping. Bad calls are only reason it was even as clise as it was in regard to score. Healthy NY Giants team completely dominated healthy Green Bay Packers team. No luck involved at all.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If that is what you need to tell yourself then go ahead. The fumble in overtime in San Francisco was because the ball was knocked out and we recovered. The game in Green Bay was a pure good old fashioned butt whipping. Bad calls are only reason it was even as clise as it was in regard to score. Healthy NY Giants team completely dominated healthy Green Bay Packers team. No luck involved at all.

:roflmao::D:roflmao:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

7 dropped passes clearly changes a game. You seem to have the edge in the postseason and the packers seem to deliver a whooping in the regular season.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
7 dropped passes clearly changes a game. You seem to have the edge in the postseason and the packers seem to deliver a whooping in the regular season.
But you will admit 7 dropped passes isn't luck.... good or bad right Ivo? It's statistics. That they happened in a single game doesn't mean a trend, it's a statistic.
Not luck, our guys didn't catch the ball and the Giants guys did. No reason to support the idea that the Giants are a better team. In fact I'm superbly confident in the Packers beating the Giants this year at their house.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

NY Giants were tied with Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Bucaneers for most dropped passes in 2011and still won SuperBowl XLVI.
How a team overcomes their mistakes is a true sign of greatness. If not for the dropped passes during the regular season, Eli Manning may have wound up passing for more yards than anyone else in 2011.

NY Giants had more dropped passes than any other team in NFL in 2007 and they won SuperBowl XLII.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants were the best team...at the end of last season. By a hair's breath. The 49ers and the Pats both were in position to win the game and didn't make the play. That's what it's all about.

But that was last year. Now it's this year. The weaknesses of the Packer defense were exposed last year. That will very likely change this year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you will admit 7 dropped passes isn't luck.... good or bad right Ivo? It's statistics. That they happened in a single game doesn't mean a trend, it's a statistic.
Not luck, our guys didn't catch the ball and the Giants guys did. No reason to support the idea that the Giants are a better team. In fact I'm superbly confident in the Packers beating the Giants this year at their house.

If you understand stats you would consider it an outlier

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY Giants were tied with Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Bucaneers for most dropped passes in 2011and still won SuperBowl XLVI.
How a team overcomes their mistakes is a true sign of greatness. If not for the dropped passes during the regular season, Eli Manning may have wound up passing for more yards than anyone else in 2011.

NY Giants had more dropped passes than any other team in NFL in 2007 and they won SuperBowl XLII.

Or maybe you just wouldn't have been a lower seed in the playoffs

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or maybe you just wouldn't have been a lower seed in the playoffs

We won our division last season and play exceptionally well on the road in the playoffs so not worried where their seed was.

If NY Giants didn't have so many dropped passes last season it is highly likely Eli Manning would have passed for more yards than anyone.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Giants were the best team...at the end of last season. By a hair's breath. The 49ers and the Pats both were in position to win the game and didn't make the play. That's what it's all about.

But that was last year. Now it's this year. The weaknesses of the Packer defense were exposed last year. That will very likely change this year.

Doesn't matter if it was by a breath or a mile, we are The Best. We were better than you in postseason at your house by a mile. It wasn't even close and all the nonsense calls the refs gave you couldn't change that.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you understood football you would realize that we made the catches and you didn't because we are the better team.

You are the one trying to claim that Eli would have the most passing yards if it wasnt for dropped passes then you say this? HAHAHA

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won our division last season and play exceptionally well on the road in the playoffs so not worried where their seed was.

If NY Giants didn't have so many dropped passes last season it is highly likely Eli Manning would have passed for more yards than anyone.

sigh... never said you were worried about the seed, I am saying you would have won a game or two more if you didnt have all the drops and would have been a higher seed.

If you take away all the drops eli would have been about 200 yards short of the Brees for passing yards. Giants had 23 drops last season. Packers had 7 against the giants.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you understood football you would realize that we made the catches and you didn't because we are the better team.

13x world champions. If you understand that you understand the Packers are the best franchise in NFL history. BOOM

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
sigh... never said you were worried about the seed, I am saying you would have won a game or two more if you didnt have all the drops and would have been a higher seed.

If you take away all the drops eli would have been about 200 yards short of the Brees for passing yards. Giants had 23 drops last season. Packers had 7 against the giants.

You just don't get my point. Drops are part of the game. Would of, could of and should of are irrelevant. Bringing up drops because you team was not good enough at the time or too intimidated by the other team are just lame excuses. They are as lame as some Chicago Bears fans that keep harping if Jay Cutler didn't blow the easy win against Green Bay Packers in week 16 of 2010 by throwing those lame picks in the end zone then you don't make playoffs. The excuses by some NY Giants fans that Green Bay Packers won because of blown calls during regular season 2011 is also lame. It is how a team responds to the bad calls and the dropped passes is what is telling. It was obvious from 2011 regular season game that if healthy, NY Giants are head and shoulders the better team than Green Bay Packers regardless of blown calls and was proven in postseason at Lambeau Field. In lieu of the horrible officiating NY Giants dominated the game with ease because we were healthy. 2007 and 2011 NY Giants led NFL in dropped passes.
Huge drop on the right sideline in SuperBowl XLVI by Mario Manningham would have sealed the game and a huge gaffe by Victor C iruz early could have really cost us but we were able to overcome those and emerge victorious. Moving forward and striving to win in lieu of those mistakes is the mark of greatness. Harping on "dropped passes" and other feeble excuses instead of giving credit that the better team won is the mark of a loser.

Members online

Latest posts