Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Release mason crosby right now?

There's no question this kid has a huge leg. There's no question he can become a good kicker.

But when?

He's terrible right now. Terrible.

Say what you want, but if the game is on the line, a 40 yarded FG, in a dome, 4th and 10, I don't kick. I either go for it or punt. I just don't thrust him.

That being said, would you release him, RIGHT NOW?

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutly. elam and that dude from redskins are equal if not better, so let us go find someone with talent. like our punter, or an OL.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You'd think after 12 games, they would have figured it out by now. It's not working and he's lost confidence. Time to do SOMETHING! I say bring in some kickers. Even Washington is bringing in kickers and they have no chance of a playoff appearance. We need a solid kicker if we want any chance in the playoffs.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't release him in the stretch for the playoffs unless you have a very good replacement in waiting. I just don't think we have any options to replace him that are any better than what we have. If the replacement is that good, why isn't he working right now? I say bring in some competition in the offseason, then give Mason the Axe...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
There's not much out there. I say hold on too him and try a bit harder to get 6 instead of 3.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that it wouldn't be smart to release crosby RIGHT NOW. However, they should bring in a kicker and try him out. If he is any good, sign him to the practice squad and let crosby and the new guy duke it out in practice. and if that new kicker is any good i say we upgrade him. I know it sounds like a long process but I think we can have this problem solved by playoff week.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everybody's opinion is certainly valid, but I don't buy that "it's too late now", "there's nobody better out there" or "it's the holder". Though the holder does have some blame, the ball, if I'm not mistaken, was placed in time and it's laces were in the right position. But if the guy is a plain liability, which he has become, missing field goals of less than 45 years, one of them in a freaking dome, and kicking extremely bad kickoffs, which he was supposed to boom (I'm not saying it's all his fault the ST play, but when he did kick it right, they didn't go nowhere), then he needs to go now.

If he wasn't a liability, if he was an OK kicker, if he had something good about him, I wouldn't be calling for his head, for those same reasons. But that's not the case.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that it wouldn't be smart to release crosby RIGHT NOW. However, they should bring in a kicker and try him out. If he is any good, sign him to the practice squad and let crosby and the new guy duke it out in practice. and if that new kicker is any good i say we upgrade him. I know it sounds like a long process but I think we can have this problem solved by playoff week.
What I mean by right now is kind of like what you're suggesting. Is in this season, with someone to replace him.

Not just cut him and go after someone...

But do not wait for next season...

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as much as I do not like him, he has been pretty solid on extra points after a touchdown, so it seems like he is a bit of a head case on those 3 pointers...that being said, I don't think he has directly cost us a game this year by missing one. I think our losses have been due to much more than his inability to kick consistent 3 pointers.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutly. elam and that dude from redskins are equal if not better, so let us go find someone with talent. like our punter, or an OL.

As bad as Crosby has been, Elam was far worse, that's why Atlanta cut him. As someone else said in that kicking thread I started, too bad Matt Bryant isn't available.

btw, I vote yes on cutting him right now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as much as I do not like him, he has been pretty solid on extra points after a touchdown, so it seems like he is a bit of a head case on those 3 pointers...that being said, I don't think he has directly cost us a game this year by missing one. I think our losses have been due to much more than his inability to kick consistent 3 pointers.
I agree. But he did cost us 2 games last year.

And I doubt we have the team to not depend on kickoffs and field goals to win playoff games...

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF is with kickers? They're lights out one minute, then they go "Rick Ankiel" and they can't hit a chip shot in an empty stadium. I'd get a kicker on the practice squad and then when it's playoff time, I'd go with the guy who was hottest

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say bring Ochocinco... He is 100% on kicking attempts in the season ;)

lmao! I just wouldn't wanna see him make an *** of himself everytime he made a field goal..

Ochocinco kicks...it's up....it's good! Wait a minute, he's going overboard with this celebration....here comes a bull out on the field and Ochocinco has the red flag in his hand, is he really doing this....

:happy0005:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Cut him now? No thanks. Bring people in for workouts though, if for no other reason than to send a message.

Is Chris Jacke still alive? What's he doing?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts