What should we consider to be a success for LaFleur and team next season?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesn't need to be a 2 year rebuild. We have a fresh start and the picks and $ to build an offense that can compete with any of these teams that are still playing Championship weekend. If Gute can ignore the calamoring fans that keep wanting to put a band-aid on head wound and burn more top picks on defense we have a chance. The players are there. Gute just has to get them.
While I agree that we need to restock on offense, this is not the best year to have offensive priorities since both the FA as draft classes seem weak.

In FA, Juwuan James or Adam Humphries seem like high priced options for the Pack, with Saffold and Ajayi looking like cheaper guys who can also come in and contribute right away. I dont like any of the tight ends except for Cook but he will simply cost too much.

In the draft, the only offensive player I would like to see taken at #12 is Jonah Williams. At #30, I wouldnt mind seeing Hockenson/Brown/Ford/Risner and at #44, Jordan/Deiter/Smith/Jacobs/Montgomery.

This the way to go. Add a medium to high priced weapon at WR or RB in FA. Draft BPA at #12 (which almost surely is on defense), with using our second two picks to add a stud OL and another weapon for Aaron.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that we need to restock on offense, this is not the best year to have offensive priorities since both the FA as draft classes seem weak.
I don't really follow college football, but that sounds like a good point. I've been hearing for about a year now that this is a good draft for pass rushers. Should probably take advantage of that if it's true.

King_Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaching the playoffs would represent a very good season. However in view of the decline of this team over the course of 2 years, co-inciding with a resurgent Bears, a winning record would be a more realistic goal.

Reaction score
What has to happen for LaFleur and company next season to consider the season a success?

I would consider this season a success for LaFleur to just show a big improvement over last season,
and cutting back on player injury's.

New coaches in camp, new replacement players, hoping our QB can regain his winning ways,
this is all I can hope for.

(notice I didn't/can't mention winning the central division)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s right, you can’t mention it because it doesn’t exist

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Making the playoffs would be a huge success imo. The NFC North is probably the toughest division in the NFL and I think this is the toughest it’s been in a long time from top to bottom.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some fans there is only one thing that means a season was successful. So far I don't think we have heard from any of them. I wonder if it is because they are already expecting this season to be a failure.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some fans there is only one thing that means a season was successful. So far I don't think we have heard from any of them. I wonder if it is because they are already expecting this season to be a failure.
It was a failure the second they drafted Defense in the 1st round, twice LOL

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A few years ago I would be right there with them. It was super bowl appearance or bust for sure. Unfortunately the Packers are in a different spot now.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well the stupid Josh McDaniels bumpers maybe, or the fake Packer fans who are stupid enough to think Rodgers is a locker room mobster maybe, but I think the average fan could put any accomplishment between a winning season and making the playoffs a success given that we got a young rookie HC at the helm. Any improvement over last year really is at least a step in the right direction.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In FA, Juwuan James or Adam Humphries seem like high priced options for the Pack, with Saffold and Ajayi looking like cheaper guys who can also come in and contribute right away. I dont like any of the tight ends except for Cook but he will simply cost too much.

In the draft, the only offensive player I would like to see taken at #12 is Jonah Williams. At #30, I wouldnt mind seeing Hockenson/Brown/Ford/Risner and at #44, Jordan/Deiter/Smith/Jacobs/Montgomery.

This the way to go. Add a medium to high priced weapon at WR or RB in FA. Draft BPA at #12 (which almost surely is on defense), with using our second two picks to add a stud OL and another weapon for Aaron.

This is supposed to be an AMAZING draft class for WRs, some comparing it to the 2014 WR class (odell, Davante, Mike Evans, Landry, Cook).

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A success would be making it to the second round of the playoffs. A disappointing season would be missing the playoffs.

Much of last season's disappointment can be blamed on Rodgers playing with a broken leg and a stagnant coaching scheme. Barring major injury there is no reason to think this team should see anything but a major improvement over last season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The commonality in all of this, people are very quick to blame everybody else rather than address the real issues

D

Deleted member 6794

This is supposed to be an AMAZING draft class for WRs, some comparing it to the 2014 WR class (odell, Davante, Mike Evans, Landry, Cook).

I guess you're talking about the wide receiver draft class of 2020, this year's completely lacked elite talent.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just blame Congress. I think we could agree that Congress sucks, just like the Bears.

I mean, yeah (to both) but I really think the problem is lack of high quality astrologists. I mean, the profession has really declined since the Dark Ages and without their quality guidance on what the future might bring we're just stumbling around.

Members online

Latest posts