What WRs are back in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, let's push aside all the Rodgers/Gute issues and discuss something that regardless of what happens with the QB will be facing the organization come the off season - what Wide Receivers see 2022 with Green Bay given the expansive amount of them entering contract years.

Poll set to close in two months before first cutdown to 85 on August 17th - You can change your vote all the way till that closure by just clicking the "change vote" option beneath it.

I'll try to do a new poll post-preseason and then post-season....be curious to evolution of thoughts.

Amari Rodgers isn't listed as he is clearly going no where.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing for me is all my thoughts hinge on what happens with Adams...if GB somehow extends him, I don't believe we retain MVS...but MVS offers such a diverse skillset no one on roster comes close to replicating so I struggle to see Green Bay let him walk. Part of me wants to think they'll RFA tag Lazard for sure, hold on to MVS and hope EQ or Funchess excel and can be brought back somewhat cheap - Adams leaves and we most likely Draft a Day1 or Day2 WR again this next year.

I just don't think we see a 2022 where Green Bay spends the money for both Adams and MVS....but at the time of casting votes today I say somehow they make it work and also Lazard with none of the rest back....except maybe a Winfree who holds on here as a PS type guy.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Green Bay letting Adams go, they'll franchise him at a minimum. Dear lord, can you imagine being a second year starter and having a receiving group lead by MVS?! Green Bay would be setting Love up to fail in SPECTACULAR fashion if they let Adams walk. Needless to say I don't think Adams leaves but he certainly doesn't leave if Rodgers sticks around.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Green Bay letting Adams go, they'll franchise him at a minimum. Dear lord, can you imagine being a second year starter and having a receiving group lead by MVS?! Green Bay would be setting Love up to fail in SPECTACULAR fashion if they let Adams walk. Needless to say I don't think Adams leaves but he certainly doesn't leave if Rodgers sticks around.

Eh yes and no. When rolling with a young QB many claim to surround them with younger WRs to build that foundation with. I don't let Adams walk personally, but I'm not doing a Franchise tag due to the cap issues it could create for us (especially if Rodgers isn't gone). I would suspect if they did let Adams walk it would be because of a season in 2021 where Love starts - and builds a solid report with guys like MVS, EQ, Amari and who knows maybe a resurgence of Funchess and they resign him.

WR room is a very interesting group this year and projecting to next...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing for me is all my thoughts hinge on what happens with Adams...if GB somehow extends him, I don't believe we retain MVS...but MVS offers such a diverse skillset no one on roster comes close to replicating so I struggle to see Green Bay let him walk. Part of me wants to think they'll RFA tag Lazard for sure, hold on to MVS and hope EQ or Funchess excel and can be brought back somewhat cheap - Adams leaves and we most likely Draft a Day1 or Day2 WR again this next year.

I just don't think we see a 2022 where Green Bay spends the money for both Adams and MVS....but at the time of casting votes today I say somehow they make it work and also Lazard with none of the rest back....except maybe a Winfree who holds on here as a PS type guy.

How much do you think MVS is going to cost? He's a good deep threat but his route tree is not exactly polished. I could see him getting $5 - $6 million a year if he continues to be simply a deep threat. Now, if he begins to do what Will Fuller and John Brown did and that's to run more of the route tree he could certainly go up but I don't see him getting near to what Fuller go this year (~$10m a year).

If Rodgers isn't playing then the Packers need to spend up on receiver because Love is going to need the help early in his career.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Due to his comments about Rodgers situation effecting his own decision to stay, Adams isn't with the team in 2022 if he chooses not to be. So the Packers need to know that decision sooner than later. If he is wavering about a new deal before the trade deadline, time to take what you can for him, especially if the team isn't looking that great. The "Happy Ending"....Rodgers stays, Adams resigns and the Packers are whole again.

As far as the other Guys....meh.....it will all depend on their 2021 seasons. I wouldn't sign any of them right now for all that much, so it will just be a wait and see what they can do. If Rodgers isn't the QB, we will actually get a clearer vision of what all these guys are capable of without a FHOF QB throwing to them.

If I had to rate the chances of who of the rest is with GB in 2022, I would rank them as follows (highest to least):
  • Lazard
  • MVS
  • Funchess
  • EQ
  • Gaither
  • Winfree
  • Taylor
  • Begelton

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to his comments about Rodgers situation effecting his own decision to stay, Adams isn't with the team in 2022 if he chooses not to be. So the Packers need to know that decision sooner than later. If he is wavering about a new deal before the trade deadline, time to take what you can for him, especially if the team isn't looking that great. The "Happy Ending"....Rodgers stays, Adams resigns and the Packers are whole again.

As far as the other Guys....meh.....it will all depend on their 2021 seasons. I wouldn't sign any of them right now for all that much, so it will just be a wait and see what they can do. If Rodgers isn't the QB, we will actually get a clearer vision of what all these guys are capable of without a FHOF QB throwing to them.

If I had to rate the chances of who of the rest is with GB in 2022, I would rank them as follows (highest to least):
  • Lazard
  • MVS
  • Funchess
  • EQ
  • Gaither
  • Winfree
  • Taylor
  • Begelton

In that scenario we agree nearly perfectly with only Winfree and Gaither flipped.

I need to go get checked out now agreeing with you that much LOL

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much do you think MVS is going to cost? He's a good deep threat but his route tree is not exactly polished. I could see him getting $5 - $6 million a year if he continues to be simply a deep threat. Now, if he begins to do what Will Fuller and John Brown did and that's to run more of the route tree he could certainly go up but I don't see him getting near to what Fuller go this year (~$10m a year).

If Rodgers isn't playing then the Packers need to spend up on receiver because Love is going to need the help early in his career

If MVS puts up at least 800 plus yards and flirts with or gets past 60% catch percentage I think he gets $8M a year or so. Look at what Kenny Stills pulled in after his rookie contract expired and he went to Miami (4 years for $32M) for comparison.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In that scenario we agree nearly perfectly with only Winfree and Gaither flipped.
I only put Gaither higher because I liked a report that I think Wes H. did on him during camp. I guess one day he was catching just about everything thrown at him.....but we have seen that before. :)

If I am not mistaken and you kind of alluded to, every WR (besides Amari) is currently only signed through 2021. I have a feeling, most of them are keeping their fingers and toes crossed, especially MVS, Lazard and EQ that Rodgers comes backs. Whatever chemistry they established with Rodgers in the last 3 years, if lost, I believe drops them a bit. I say this because now they are working with new QB's and having to rely more on their own skills and not just those of AR's along with the timing they had with him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MVS puts up at least 800 plus yards and flirts with or gets past 60% catch percentage I think he gets $8M a year or so. Look at what Kenny Stills pulled in after his rookie contract expired and he went to Miami (4 years for $32M) for comparison.

If MVS can become the route runner Stills is then I’d agree, so here’s to hoping he does!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only put Gaither higher because I liked a report that I think Wes H. did on him during camp. I guess one day he was catching just about everything thrown at him.....but we have seen that before. :)

If I am not mistaken and you kind of alluded to, every WR (besides Amari) is currently only signed through 2021. I have a feeling, most of them are keeping their fingers and toes crossed, especially MVS, Lazard and EQ that Rodgers comes backs. Whatever chemistry they established with Rodgers in the last 3 years, if lost, I believe drops them a bit. I say this because now they are working with new QB's and having to rely more on their own skills and not just those of AR's along with the timing they had with him.

So technically Gaither is also signed past 2021. Him and Rodgers are the only two I presently show as being that.

With Lazard being a RFA
Begelton, Blair, Winfree and Malik all being ERFA after this year.
Adams, EQ, Funchess and MVS all UFA

Thompkins is there too but I cannot find his contract details

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQ, Lazard, Taylor, Gaither were my choices. I don't don't Adams, MVS, or Funchess stay without Rodgers and I don't anticipate the others performing well enough to justify keeping around

D

Deleted member 6794

I fully expect Adams to be back with the Packers in 2022.

Thompkins is there too but I cannot find his contract details

Thompkins will be an ERFA after this season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only voted for Adams, Lazard, and MVS. With Amari Rodgers also on the roster, that is four solid WR spots. Everything else will turn over by the start of 2022 unless one of the young guys really steps up, which I would happy to see but am not betting on it.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason it only allowed me to choose one so I took Adams. But I expect Adams and Lazard to for sure be on the Packers in 2022...maybe EQ has an outside chance

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason it only allowed me to choose one so I took Adams. But I expect Adams and Lazard to for sure be on the Packers in 2022...maybe EQ as an outside chance
Difficult for me to see EQ sticking. But, of course, it will depend on him holding onto the ball.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Difficult for me to see EQ sticking. But, of course, it will depend on him holding onto the ball.

Yep I agree, I think there's no way he prices himself out of GB. So maybe just maybe I'd he puts together a nice little season for him, he's back on a cheap 1 year deal

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yep I agree, I think there's no way he prices himself out of GB. So maybe just maybe I'd he puts together a nice little season for him, he's back on a cheap 1 year deal
I doubt EQ is thinking big contracts, he is thinking "I hope that I make the 53 and then I get some playing time." Unless there are injuries and/or Davante is traded, I do not see EQ getting many snaps or even passes his way, if he is stuck 5 or 6 deep on the DC. He is really going to have to have a great preseason to move up and that would be trying to pass Lazard, MVS or Funchess for playing time.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt EQ is thinking big contracts, he is thinking "I hope that I make the 53 and then I get some playing time." Unless there are injuries and/or Davante is traded, I do not see EQ getting many snaps or even passes his way, if he is stuck 5 or 6 deep on the DC. He is really going to have to have a great preseason to move up and that would be trying to pass Lazard, MVS or Funchess for playing time.

I agree I was responding specifically to hiw I could see him in the roster in 2022

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should give Josh Gordon a shot. Fewer chances to **** it is GB. He has been straight for 3 months anyway and I'll bet he knows it is his last chance.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe we should give Josh Gordon a shot. Fewer chances to **** it is GB. He has been straight for 3 months anyway and I'll bet he knows it is his last chance.
ATM we have no senior leadership on the offense to keep him in line. Some one he would respect. Also why do people assume players can't get in trouble in Green Bay? Milwaukee is just over an hours drive away. That's why most players busted for something are in Manitowoc county it seems.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ATM we have no senior leadership on the offense to keep him in line. Some one he would respect. Also why do people assume players can't get in trouble in Green Bay? Milwaukee is just over an hours drive away. That's why most players busted for something are in Manitowoc county it seems.

Um Davante Adams, Jones and Bahk I’d say all on that side of the ball fit that role

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They couldn't keep Sternberger out of trouble and he's relatively low key.

i was merely stating there are guys that matched your criteria, doesn’t mean they can stop a grown man making dumb decisions.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure he just smokes weed and I don't live there but id be willing to bet you can get that in gb pretty easily...now I'd be cool with signing him to see if he can help but I wouldn't have high hopes

I mean I don't think the NFL or any other employer should prevent someone from making a living because of something as dumb as that but clearly dude likes smoking more than he likes money so I'm pretty sure he'll mess up again

Especially because a high percentage of nfl players including, Aaron Rodgers it seems, smoke and don't get suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts