What REALLY happened at the airport in GB

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The pressure finally built up enough and Florio caved. I accept his apology. It seems sincere. Although he initially acted like a total *** when first confronted. Glad Packer Nation and others opened his eyes.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe the drunken phone calls I made to his house at 3 am scared him a little..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florio made an early post still maintaining his position, and now that it's been too overwhelming the negatives response and might actually jeopardize his job, he's backing out.

Sorry, never going to that site again as long as Florio is in there.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Should we stop the autobot posting articles from there in the news section?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This comes to mind.
Only it's "Apology accepted Mike Florio" instead.
:star-wars:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_3f46NrNU8&playnext=1&list=PL18064F94A3EF8851&index=56]YouTube - Apology accepted Captain Needa[/ame]

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Florio ****** up by going after Rodgers before he had all the facts.

But he manned up and apologized. If ESPN or some other sports news source gets had done this, they'd have just ignored it and let the story gradually go away. I applaud Florio for this and will continue to visit PFT daily.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florio ****** up by going after Rodgers before he had all the facts.

But he manned up and apologized. If ESPN or some other sports news source gets had done this, they'd have just ignored it and let the story gradually go away. I applaud Florio for this and will continue to visit PFT daily.

sooo put the torches and pitchforks away?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
:icon_lol:

Hell no. There aren't enough pitchfork mobs these days. Even though Florio apologized you can still jab at him with the pitchforks as a form of punishment for what he did.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I wll accept Florio's apology. It's much more fun living in the basement with 6 bottles of booze and 12 cases of beer crying constantly replaying the clip over and over wondering how oh how could our Aaron do something as bad as the others, torturing dogs, ****** women (charges dropped), texting ****** while Brett's wife is recovering from cancer. Not signing an autograph must be up their with the O.J. Bronco chase.:chisux:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florio did an extensive apology. It was quite funny really, he must have gotten quite a backlash.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RE: The newsbot- If you can find a source that provides a reasonable amount of quality information like PFT does, then by all means, replace it. I doubt you will thought, because Florio is the best in the business.

To be honest, I don't think one debacle should define his entire body of work. I know some may feel different, but he is great at what he does and he acknowledged making a mistake. I suggest letting bygones be bygones and hope this kind of incident never happens again.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RE: The newsbot- If you can find a source that provides a reasonable amount of quality information like PFT does, then by all means, replace it. I doubt you will thought, because Florio is the best in the business.

To be honest, I don't think one debacle should define his entire body of work. I know some may feel different, but he is great at what he does and he acknowledged making a mistake. I suggest letting bygones be bygones and hope this kind of incident never happens again.

cant we just use the same source that florio does and have somone give their own thoughts on it instead of his?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "Same source Florio does." His professional relationships throughout the league took years to cultivate. It's not like he has one guy feeding him story lines to write about.

The other thing he brings is solid legal knowledge. I don't know anyone else who can outline and describe the ins and outs of a case and put it in terms idiots like me can understand better.

But yeah, we can subscribe to the national rags and blogs for all 32 teams in the league and start reporting on what's happening with them. Through that, we can reach out and hopefully build some press relations with all the teams, and then possibly even some league relationships. Maybe from there we can grow the site a little better, if anyone has the time and motivation to do it.

Or we can just continue doing what we're doing and move on.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "Same source Florio does." His professional relationships throughout the league took years to cultivate. It's not like he has one guy feeding him story lines to write about.

well take this post for example

While running the Dolphins, Parcells recommended Rex Ryan to the Jets | ProFootballTalk

The source he uses is NFL Playoffs: Bill Parcells helped Rex Ryan land with New York Jets - ESPN New York

And as far as his professional relationships throughout the league, I think you are over valuing him. Most people in the league have never met him and dont know him. He isnt peter king. He started PFT out of his home in WV, not a big office in NYC. He tracked down the stories of the day and post them with his own thoughts. It helps that he has a legal background for some things but thats about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts