What REALLY happened at the airport in GB

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think Lombardi would do if someone wrote a hit piece on his QB?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, I needed some fire wood chopped for next weeks game. Called him up, asked if he could stop bye and take care of that for me. I mean, this is firewood that will be burned during the game to keep a fan warm!!! Guess what he said! So he says, get this, hold on.. So he says..he says....he says....you won't believe this, he said, "How'd you get this number! I'm busy visiting some kids in the hospital!" THEN HE HUNG UP!!! OH MAN, The NERVE of that guy. He should know where his money comes from. I called up Florio and gave him ALL that info. Florio said he'd be putting out a story on it ASAP.

Rodgers, you are really really dumb, FOR REAL!!!
Oh man!
How dare he put those children's needs above your own!
You need your firewood dammit!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Ha, no. I mean, do you think he'd find the woman and sign her hat or anything? I'm sure his PR staff has all sorts of ideas.

GB PR needs to invite the lady to Lambeau, have Rodgers give her a big sloppy kiss on the cheek, giver her a backrub, beg her forgiveness and give her season tickets for life (paid out of his paycheck).

Then he needs to get his *** over to my house. The wood is STILL sitting there for God Sake! Nobody has touched it yet and it still needs to be chopped, and I mean all of it chopped up. Once he's finished with that, I got some drapes that need to be taken to the cleaners.

I mean SERIOUSLY, Aaron needs to realize where his money comes from. And it's the fans!!! I'm a fan, so he better start earning it.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Removed my post where I put an article with her quotes in it

Still go to OBF?

LOL

Me? Well, I was reading without posting for a while (just felt like I ought not say what I was honestly thinking about some things, seeing that it's Brett's personal site and I don't want to fight with his fans about it), but the Packer/Rodgers bashing just got to where I didn't even want to do that.

I don't know how the Packer fans who are left can stand it, to be honest.

I AM glad to hear what you said about David standing up for Rodgers on this issue though. That was the right thing to do, and I'm glad he did it. I imagine it stopped the pecking (didn't SEE the pecking, but I can imagine it) pretty quickly.

Good of you to point that out, too.

So PFT removed your comment with this woman's quotes? Florio is taking a beating over there - I love how "he" became "we here at PFT think..." once he got the reaction he deserved. The updings/downdings in the comments section are very telling - you don't have to be a Packer fan to see the wrong that was done to Rodgers here, and a lot of other fans are speaking out too.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Nah, that's why he has us to do that for him! ;)

I support the motion to write letters of protest to Florio's boss.

We've got to make that happen. There needs to be a consequence of some kind for smearing an innocent person, and not being man enough to back the ---- off the story when you get called out on it.

(I love your screen name, and what a great picture!)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
or just call this number (304) 842-9137 and ask for mike. Dont yell at his wife, she has to live with the bastard.

When I called, I asked Mr Florio, in my cutest little voice, if he'd sign my Hello Kitty hat. He turned me down. He hung up on me when I told him not to worry, I'm sure Aaron Rodgers would be more than happy to sign it. I'm very distressed.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Since when was signing autographs to every person you see a job requirement to be the Packers QB? I honestly wouldn't give a crap if he had a no autograph policy. After the 800,000 one, I'd think your pretty damn sick of every person you meet wanting you to sign crap for them (and 1/2 of it ends up on Ebay or something for them to make a buck off of).

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Who is this Mike Florios guy.

Im not Familiar with Wisconsin News Anchors.

He's not from Wisconsin. His out of W.Va and runs the blog profootballtalk.com under NBC's umbrella.

He's a Viking Fan who is also a lawyer (so you get an idea of the person we are talking about).

However, it was a local news channel that broke this story, or at least were the ones that put up the video that Florio used to rip Rodgers with.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I so hope this doesnt effect us next week. I hate the media and drama.
If there's anyone who can handle the media and the drama, I think it's Aaron Rodgers.

Florio's probably not just a Vikings fan but a huge Favre butt-kisser. The thing is, every non-journalist in this country hates Florio. He's one of many, many idiot journalists (Peter King is another one, as a huge Steelers fan). Someone needs to start a "Fire Mike Florio" blog so that when his name is googled, that's what comes up.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If there's anyone who can handle the media and the drama, I think it's Aaron Rodgers.

Florio's probably not just a Vikings fan but a huge Favre butt-kisser. The thing is, every non-journalist in this country hates Florio. He's one of many, many idiot journalists (Peter King is another one, as a huge Steelers fan). Someone needs to start a "Fire Mike Florio" blog so that when his name is googled, that's what comes up.

Actually Florio seemed to hate Farve. To be honest. I don't think he ever got over the fact he was an ex-Packer.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
8:15 am Milwaukee time, tomorrow morning

Sports Radio 1250 AM

Will have Mike Florio on..Will have he answer any questions about the airport?

Milwaukee's Sports Radio

I don't really care what Florio has to say. I think he's shown that he's going to stand by his opinion (no matter how unjustified it is). The guy is trash in my book, and he successfully alienated an entire fanbase.

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florio posted an apology a couple minutes ago. He cites the article previously mentioned here as "opening his eyes". I'm new here or would post a link.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
An apology to Aaron Rodgers, Packers fans, and Jan Cavanaugh | ProFootballTalk

When I saw the video for the first time, I cringed. Many of you did the same. But then I did what we bloggers (or whatever we are) all too often do — I fired off a rebuke of Rodgers without considering anything else about the other things he has done, both publicly and privately, over the years.

I apologize to Rodgers for painting him with an unjustifiably broad brush based on a very brief slice of his life. It was wrong to jump to conclusions about whether he treats fans properly, and whether he understands the connection between the fans who support him and the money he makes. Though some have argued that true character is revealed in those fleeting moments, the whole truth about a man falls somewhere between his best days and his worst days. For Rodgers, there’s no reason to believe that the truth isn’t a lot closer to the best than the worst.
I apologize to Packers fans for distracting you from the afterglow of a game that has ushered in a new golden age of Green Bay football. With a stirring win over the top-seeded Falcons and a historic postseason contest against the Bears on the horizon, you shouldn’t have had to worry about an opinion that I delivered too quickly, too strongly, and too stubbornly. I allowed emotions based on my own experiences to overcome reason, and I hope in the future to be able to take a step back before sharing the full thrust of my initial reaction on these pages, especially when the reaction is fueled by emotion based on my own experiences.

I also apologize to Jan Cavanaugh.

As Armando Salguero explained it earlier today during my weekly visit with WFTL in South Florida, I tried to rescue a damsel in distress before determining whether she wanted to be rescued. (Actually, that’s sort of how I met my wife.)

I should have realized that this would bring attention she doesn’t want or need, and I would have if I hadn’t shared the full thrust of my initial reaction without thinking it through or looking into the good things Rodgers has done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts