1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What REALLY happened at the airport in GB

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Yeah.
    He's a Vikings fan which explains why he won't do a mea culpa.

2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I hope that woman calls out Florio, what a POS.

3. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    I already have taken a lot of heat from Ravens fans for Rodgers ignoring her. Shouldn't they be mourning over their loss????

4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I kind of had a feeling there was more to this story than meets the eye. It just didn't make any sense. Perhaps some of us owe Aaron an apology for doubting him in the first place. I think our QB has more than proven himself and deserves our loyalty.

As for Florio, I have few words for him that I could post on here. I'm just glad Aaron was cleared of this nonsense.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,113
    hmm... maybe howard green should have a talk with florio

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Hit up Florio on twitter- @profootballtalk. Demand a retraction, an apology, tell him what an embarassment he is, whatever.. Just make your displeasure at this obvious attempt at character assassination known.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,113
  8. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
  9. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    Oops! Right above me. Sorry about that (I posted the same thing below you in unintentionally ginormous letters) - still getting used to all the visuals here, and I have to throw bread crumbs to remember where I am (didn't even know this page was here yet). :yum:

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,113
    Mike Florios home # is (304) 842-9137

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Even without a video like this, Cutler's the biggest douche in the NFL. :p

• Like Like x 5
  12. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    It makes me chuckle at the media. This is all they can come up with against Rodgers?
    You wanna talk about douches or douche moves just look at Antonio Cromartie.

"Cromartie has fathered nine children with eight women living in six states, and has been named in at least five paternity suits in the past two years. According to court records, Cromartie failed to appear in court on two separate occasions in reference to moving violations and his driver license status. In March of 2010, the Jets provided Cromartie with a $500,000 advance so Cromartie could make outstanding child support payments" - Antonio Cromarties page on Wikipedia

(Wikipedia provides references to everything put on there now making them credible)

13. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    Florio is getting roasted in a lot of the comments there, but incredibly, some people (even "die-hard Packer fan" types, they claim) are thanking him. I wonder if he's writing those replies himself.

Hey Florio, you despicable character-assassinating freak: :viksux:

14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, Florio lost me as a fan. Sorry, but f*ck him.

I don't mind criticism, when it's warranted. In fact, my first response to the article was, "That's a pretty dick move by Rodgers. Would love to get his side of things."

Then I thought about it some more and realized it was nothing more than a smear piece with inconvenient timing. Rather than do any kind of investigating, he portrayed Rodgers to be some two-bit jerkoff who kicks puppies and pushes old ladies down the stairs.

To top it off, when I learned the facts and commented on them, my posts started getting deleted. I did not use derogatory language or call any names. I posted the facts and asked for a retraction. I don't agree with censorship, and that he deleted my posts pointing to the facts of the case absolutely destroys his credibility as it proves he's not interested in the truth, only sensationalism. It's quite hypocritical too, especially when you consider he chastised WBAY for removing the video.

Now he comes out with his smug and arrogant "Last word." Sorry, last word my ***, Mike. You're nothing but a spineless prick with zero credibility. I'll be composing a nice letter to his partners, asking that they address the issue accordingly.

It's a shame, really. I really enjoyed his articles as he tends to cover things not ordinarily covered. It's unfortunate that I can't take him seriously any more as he's proven he's a complete, ignorant joke with no integrity.

15. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    THE PACK SHALL NOT BE DISTRACTED AT SUCH A CRITICAL TIME!!!

Thanks for clearing that sillyness up! Knew there had to be more to it.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Careful there bud.
    If Mike Flawio will report on something based on a one sided few seconds video there's no telling what stories he will come up with from a team's forum. No doubt if he sees that then he's going to report it as truth.
    There's no telling what he will write of Rodgers based on a seconds long video.

17. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I know, and that's the scary part. Everything he writes is going to be looked at as if it's some sort of joke first. Piss poor way of doing things, me thinks.

18. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I guess Packer geeks got a hold of Jan and had her email posted

19. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  20. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Sounds to me like she doesn't want to be treated differently. Florio can eat s*** for making this a much bigger deal than she, Rodgers, and the rest of the NFL wanted it to be.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,113
  22. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    This guy is such a clown. Jan came out and even said she doesn't want to make it a big deal, yet he STILL is blowing this out of proportion. I'm done reading PFT, any other site we can link to the News Bot?

23. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    What's funny is Florio basically forced Cavanagh into a spotlight she probably never wanted. Now people all over the world know her name, are pitying her and treating her like the victim she never wanted to be.

Another opinion though, and I know it's not a popular one given the circumstances and all, and I don't mean to paint her as the bad guy, nor do I mean to belittle the incident, but who is really the a-hole here? Rodgers for not signing yet another piece of memorabilia for her, or Cavanagh, for asking yet again, after he just signed a jersey for her last week! Ignoring the cancer part, it seems to me she's being kind of greedy there. I know she's a passionate fan, but again I ask, should he just come in and autograph her whole house? At what point will she have enough signatures from him?

As for Florio, I wish I could say I won't read anymore articles, because that would be a lie. I am very disappointed in the way he presented and subsequently blew this story up though. He lost any respect he had from me.

24. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    It's fair enough for her to go and ask for another, especially if it's her favorite hat. After all, it's true that it only takes like 5 seconds to sign his name. But I think the point is that she went into the whole ordeal not necessarily expecting him to sign it, and she wasn't even really upset by it.

25. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

Send rob pm on it