What REALLY happened at the airport in GB

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of had a feeling there was more to this story than meets the eye. It just didn't make any sense. Perhaps some of us owe Aaron an apology for doubting him in the first place. I think our QB has more than proven himself and deserves our loyalty.

As for Florio, I have few words for him that I could post on here. I'm just glad Aaron was cleared of this nonsense.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hit up Florio on twitter- @profootballtalk. Demand a retraction, an apology, tell him what an embarassment he is, whatever.. Just make your displeasure at this obvious attempt at character assassination known.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
hmmm someone must have hit a nerve. This is the longest post I have ever seen him type. Cheeseheadtv seems to caused the most anger
Last word on the Aaron Rodgers-Jan Cavanaugh video | ProFootballTalk

Oops! Right above me. Sorry about that (I posted the same thing below you in unintentionally ginormous letters) - still getting used to all the visuals here, and I have to throw bread crumbs to remember where I am (didn't even know this page was here yet). :yum:

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
It makes me chuckle at the media. This is all they can come up with against Rodgers?
You wanna talk about douches or ****** moves just look at Antonio Cromartie.

"Cromartie has fathered nine children with eight women living in six states, and has been named in at least five paternity suits in the past two years. According to court records, Cromartie failed to appear in court on two separate occasions in reference to moving violations and his driver license status. In March of 2010, the Jets provided Cromartie with a $500,000 advance so Cromartie could make outstanding child support payments" - Antonio Cromarties page on Wikipedia

(Wikipedia provides references to everything put on there now making them credible)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Florio is getting roasted in a lot of the comments there, but incredibly, some people (even "die-hard Packer fan" types, they claim) are thanking him. I wonder if he's writing those replies himself.

Hey Florio, you despicable character-assassinating freak: :viksux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Florio lost me as a fan. Sorry, but f*ck him.

I don't mind criticism, when it's warranted. In fact, my first response to the article was, "That's a pretty **** move by Rodgers. Would love to get his side of things."

Then I thought about it some more and realized it was nothing more than a smear piece with inconvenient timing. Rather than do any kind of investigating, he portrayed Rodgers to be some two-bit ******* who kicks puppies and pushes old ladies down the stairs.

To top it off, when I learned the facts and commented on them, my posts started getting deleted. I did not use derogatory language or call any names. I posted the facts and asked for a retraction. I don't agree with censorship, and that he deleted my posts pointing to the facts of the case absolutely destroys his credibility as it proves he's not interested in the truth, only sensationalism. It's quite hypocritical too, especially when you consider he chastised WBAY for removing the video.

Now he comes out with his smug and arrogant "Last word." Sorry, last word my ***, Mike. You're nothing but a spineless ***** with zero credibility. I'll be composing a nice letter to his partners, asking that they address the issue accordingly.

It's a shame, really. I really enjoyed his articles as he tends to cover things not ordinarily covered. It's unfortunate that I can't take him seriously any more as he's proven he's a complete, ignorant joke with no integrity.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE PACK SHALL NOT BE DISTRACTED AT SUCH A CRITICAL TIME!!!

Thanks for clearing that sillyness up! Knew there had to be more to it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Florio lost me as a fan. Sorry, but f*ck him.

I don't mind criticism, when it's warranted. In fact, my first response to the article was, "That's a pretty **** move by Rodgers. Would love to get his side of things."

Then I thought about it some more and realized it was nothing more than a smear piece with inconvenient timing. Rather than do any kind of investigating, he portrayed Rodgers to be some two-bit ******* who kicks puppies and pushes old ladies down the stairs.

To top it off, when I learned the facts and commented on them, my posts started getting deleted. I did not use derogatory language or call any names. I posted the facts and asked for a retraction. I don't agree with censorship, and that he deleted my posts pointing to the facts of the case absolutely destroys his credibility as it proves he's not interested in the truth, only sensationalism. It's quite hypocritical too, especially when you consider he chastised WBAY for removing the video.

Now he comes out with his smug and arrogant "Last word." Sorry, last word my ***, Mike. You're nothing but a spineless ***** with zero credibility. I'll be composing a nice letter to his partners, asking that they address the issue accordingly.

It's a shame, really. I really enjoyed his articles as he tends to cover things not ordinarily covered. It's unfortunate that I can't take him seriously any more as he's proven he's a complete, ignorant joke with no integrity.
Careful there bud.
If Mike Flawio will report on something based on a one sided few seconds video there's no telling what stories he will come up with from a team's forum. No doubt if he sees that then he's going to report it as truth.
There's no telling what he will write of Rodgers based on a seconds long video.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful there bud.
If Mike Flawio will report on something based on a one sided few seconds video there's no telling what stories he will come up with from a team's forum. No doubt if he sees that then he's going to report it as truth.
There's no telling what he will write of Rodgers based on a seconds long video.

I know, and that's the scary part. Everything he writes is going to be looked at as if it's some sort of joke first. **** poor way of doing things, me thinks.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess Packer geeks got a hold of Jan and had her email posted

Dear Steve,
Thank you so much for “tracking me down”. I had no idea this hubbub was going on and it is very embarrassing to me. We are big Packer fans and do not want anything to interfere with the Packs game with the Bears next weekend.

We love having Packer parties when they play, have a Packer Christmas tree that we set up every Christmas, Packer clothing, etc., etc.

Aaron did sign a jersey for me the night they came home from playing the Eagles. But my sister-in-law (a Viking fan) had given me a pink Packers cap when I lost my hair and I wanted Aaron to sign it. Didn’t get that accomplished, but in all fairness to Aaron he had signed my jersey the week before.

There were only a few of us at the airport the times we’ve been up there in the last month. It is sometimes hard to understand why the players can’t take a few minutes and sign things when there are so few people asking for autographs. I can understand not wanting to be held up after a game and an airplane ride if there are lots of people that want you to sign something. However, that hasn’t been the case up to now.

Again, I’m embarrassed and I’m sure it’s embarrassing to Aaron who quietly has done so much for the community with so many groups. I know that none of us wanted to make so much out of it. Yes, I’ve had cancer, yes I don’t have hair right now, but I am fine and will be fine and don’t want people making more out of this than there is.

Thanks Steve for letting me know what was happening. I’m not good on the computer and would never have found out if you hadn’t let me know.

Jan

Packergeeks wishes Jan a full and speedy recovery. We won’t hold our breath that these facts will change Florio’s opinion.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she doesn't want to be treated differently. Florio can eat s*** for making this a much bigger deal than she, Rodgers, and the rest of the NFL wanted it to be.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
This guy is such a clown. Jan came out and even said she doesn't want to make it a big deal, yet he STILL is blowing this out of proportion. I'm done reading PFT, any other site we can link to the News Bot?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's funny is Florio basically forced Cavanagh into a spotlight she probably never wanted. Now people all over the world know her name, are pitying her and treating her like the victim she never wanted to be.

Another opinion though, and I know it's not a popular one given the circumstances and all, and I don't mean to paint her as the bad guy, nor do I mean to belittle the incident, but who is really the a-hole here? Rodgers for not signing yet another piece of memorabilia for her, or Cavanagh, for asking yet again, after he just signed a jersey for her last week! Ignoring the cancer part, it seems to me she's being kind of greedy there. I know she's a passionate fan, but again I ask, should he just come in and autograph her whole house? At what point will she have enough signatures from him?

As for Florio, I wish I could say I won't read anymore articles, because that would be a lie. I am very disappointed in the way he presented and subsequently blew this story up though. He lost any respect he had from me.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
What's funny is Florio basically forced Cavanagh into a spotlight she probably never wanted. Now people all over the world know her name, are pitying her and treating her like the victim she never wanted to be.

Another opinion though, and I know it's not a popular one given the circumstances and all, and I don't mean to paint her as the bad guy, nor do I mean to belittle the incident, but who is really the a-hole here? Rodgers for not signing yet another piece of memorabilia for her, or Cavanagh, for asking yet again, after he just signed a jersey for her last week! Ignoring the cancer part, it seems to me she's being kind of greedy there. I know she's a passionate fan, but again I ask, should he just come in and autograph her whole house? At what point will she have enough signatures from him?

As for Florio, I wish I could say I won't read anymore articles, because that would be a lie. I am very disappointed in the way he presented and subsequently blew this story up though. He lost any respect he had from me.
It's fair enough for her to go and ask for another, especially if it's her favorite hat. After all, it's true that it only takes like 5 seconds to sign his name. But I think the point is that she went into the whole ordeal not necessarily expecting him to sign it, and she wasn't even really upset by it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This guy is such a clown. Jan came out and even said she doesn't want to make it a big deal, yet he STILL is blowing this out of proportion. I'm done reading PFT, any other site we can link to the News Bot?

Send rob pm on it

Members online

Latest posts