What position do you think we need to..

Which position do we need to get filled in the first round

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft in the first round, saw this on a different blog, didn't know why we haven't had this poll yet...So just wondered what people think, and why.

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it a lot: We simply need to find long-term solutions at both the tackle spots. Lang will probably assume full-time duties on the right side and we've gotta take advantage of the deep class of tackles this year by plucking one with our first pick, EVEN if a MUCH better prospect at another position drops to us. A resolution at LT cannot be delayed any longer..

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack selects Dez Byrant. I understand he has issues, but he has not been in trouble with the law and those types of things.

He has an attitude, the college game was a bore to him. I do believe the Packers organization could work with a guy like this and we have the right kind of locker room to deal with him. He is a top 10 or even top 5 pick that we may get at 23.

TT will not pass on this guy if he is there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to find the LT of the future THIS YEAR, or we're screwed next year.

And I don't see a better fit than Charles Brown, out of the University of Southern California. If he's there, it's the pick made in heaven. The kid with great pass pro asset, that played the ZBS in college, but that could use one year to develop physically. And a team that has a solid LT right now, that plays the ZBS, that can wait for a kid to develop, but need a replacement for as soon as next year.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack selects Dez Byrant. I understand he has issues, but he has not been in trouble with the law and those types of things.

He has an attitude, the college game was a bore to him. I do believe the Packers organization could work with a guy like this and we have the right kind of locker room to deal with him. He is a top 10 or even top 5 pick that we may get at 23.

TT will not pass on this guy if he is there.

Yes he would... we dont need a WR this early in the draft. And if were going to draft anything besides OL and Defensive positions, the next position we should address would be RB's

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Agreed, OT NEEDS to be our main focus, and I'd like TT to surprise us all and move up to grab a worthy Packer. If not OT, then Safety/OLB/cb in that order i believe is our next focus.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we need a solid OT, but if we can't land a top prospect at the position, I don't think we should reach for one. By 23 the top tackles will most likely be off the board, Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Brown possibly, its just too risky. I think Bruce Campbell could be awesome, but he could be a huge bust as well. If we cant get Bulaga, Williams, or Brown, I hope TT takes the BPA..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we need a solid OT, but if we can't land a top prospect at the position, I don't think we should reach for one. By 23 the top tackles will most likely be off the board, Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Brown possibly, its just too risky. I think Bruce Campbell could be awesome, but he could be a huge bust as well. If we cant get Bulaga, Williams, or Brown, I hope TT takes the BPA..

I agree that Campbell is the one that could be a huge bust. He scares me more than any other player. He wasnt that good on film and is according to scouts not very bright.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all reality I think players like Tebow and Dez Byrant falling into the 20s will be all that is needed for the Packer's phone to ring for a trade down.

There is just too much talent in the 2nd round for TT.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Campbell is the one that could be a huge bust. He scares me more than any other player. He wasnt that good on film and is according to scouts not very bright.
Please lets stay away from Campbell. If he (TT) did not learn his lesson with Harrell........well....its just hard to imagine what TT is thinking. When it comes to the draft I guess thats a good thing. We don't want other teams to know what we are going to do.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that TT won't reach. But we don't know his board.

Saffold could be a top-20 pick in his mind...

But I agree with you, if those guys you mentioned aren't there (and Davis, Davis could fall), then I"d rather take another position than get Saffold, Veldheer or Ducasse...

Jason Fox IMHO is better for us than them, and can be gotten later...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This part is what scares me most.

Guess what? We already have a guy that was AS GOOD AS Campbell in the combine (under 4.9 40-yard, amazing bench press, very good 3-cone), and that did as miserably in the Wonderlic as Campbell (under 13). A guy that has struggled mightly with the mental aspect of the game.

And his name is Barbre. Campbell is eerily similar to Barbre... But Barbre was a late round pick...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sergio Kindle
Ted Thompson has to have his eye on Kindle........he just has to!!!! He also knows that he is not going to drop to us. I could see TT trading 1st round picks with another team plus maybe a 3rd to move up a few spots to get him. I mean holy ****........Clay Matthews on one side and Kindle on the other would be total Chaos for an opposing O-line. If their is any trading going on I just hope it does not involve our second round pick. Anyone got any idea what it would cost the Packers to move up maybe 7 to 10 spots????

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we could use more help in the secondary and more pass rushing almost just as bad as we need a tackle. But when it comes to tackle, that is high risk/high reward. We go the safe route and get a good tackle, we may not be able to get the player/s we need on D to get us where we want to be, and we still lose those games against the cards/steelers. However, if we don't get the tackle, and we're understaffed there, thats a huge risk. We have to protect Rodgers, we just have to. If he goes down, we're not winning anything.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we could use more help in the secondary and more pass rushing almost just as bad as we need a tackle. But when it comes to tackle, that is high risk/high reward. We go the safe route and get a good tackle, we may not be able to get the player/s we need on D to get us where we want to be, and we still lose those games against the cards/steelers. However, if we don't get the tackle, and we're understaffed there, thats a huge risk. We have to protect Rodgers, we just have to. If he goes down, we're not winning anything.
My thought process. We have some young guys at CB and OLB. We could find talent later on.

But we have absolutely nothing at LT behind Clifton, who's on his last year IMHO. And it's much harder to find a proper LT outside the 1st round than it is to find pass rushers and corners...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Chad goes down, then what?
I wasn't even thinking about this year, as much as the future of the team. If Chad goes down this year, probably Lang will take over. However, Lang seems to be penciled at either RT or LG.

Do we really want to throw in a rookie in 2011 to play LT? IF there's a LT worth taking in the 2011 draft...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im worried TT will take something other an a tackle or guard and most fans will go crazy. I hope he takes the corner from rutgers though. He could get a tackle in the second round I think, because like several posters have pointed out, there might not be alot left where we draft.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
LT's are like Bacon... u don't settle for second grade bacon, and you shouldn't settle for second round LT's.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found a twit from adam schefter (espn) from either yesterday or today that theres rumor of the Packers trying to trade up to a 9-11 spot. He said it was confirmed though.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go for OT or CB. I know that many of the TT around pick 23 aren't really worth the value but if you really want a player then you should just go out and get him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts