What position are you worried about?

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the start of the season just around the corner what position gives you most cause for concern? I look at the Packer's line-up and I'm struggling to see a weak link, possibly the LBs?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the start of the season just around the corner what position gives you most cause for concern? I look at the Packer's line-up and I'm struggling to see a weak link, possibly the LBs?

Shields going down would send me into a panic

OP
OP
Beagle

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that Shields that didn't allow a completion on that play. In fact, under mostly Shields' coverage, Bryant only had 38 yards that day.

I'm not knocking him, although I think the incomplete part of that play probably had more to do with Dez than Shields

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not knocking him, although I think the incomplete part of that play probably had more to do with Dez than Shields

Well it also would be more then a little hard for Shields to have played that throw any better

OP
OP
Beagle

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True enough, and I don't want to derail my own thread by opening this whole 'Dez catch' can of worms :D

D

Deleted member 6794

Just like at the time we entered the offseason I'm concerned about the inside linebackers. Matthews playing there improves the position and Barrington might be a decent starter but you have to wonder who will take snaps at the position once Matthews moves to the edge. Moving James Vaughters inside midway through camp indicates to me that the coaching staff isn't high on any of the other guys currently on the depth chart right now. Hopefully waiting until the fourth round to address an obvious position of need doesn't come back to haunt this year's defense.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This Shields? :-(

To be fair, Shields had good coverage on the play. It was just a great 'catch'. :) Can debate all day on how it should have been ruled, but even if had gone the other way, sometimes you just get beat by a great play.

I agree Shields going out this year would have me very concerned. As it stands right now the biggest possibility for a weak link might still be at ILB, but it sounds like Matthews will take most of his snaps there. Should still be okay at WR as it stands right now.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're talking about people who've proven themselves, then my only concerns are the DLine, OLine (if any of last year's starters can't go), the ILBs mentioned above, any OLB not named Matthews or Peppers, and the other CBs, even if Shields is OK. Other than that, I'm pretty confident. :)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Answer for me is simple. Just pick any position on defense not called Safety, (and maybe OLB cause at we do have some depth), and I'm worried about it........ My how times change

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Equipment manager in charge of proper inflation of the balls. Talking about pressure this year!

If the starting 22 stays healthy, the biggest question mark has to be ILB and CB. Won't cover ILB, since everyone before has. Shields is rock solid, after that there are questions and youth.

Oh, Masthay is a concern as well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Equipment manager in charge of proper inflation of the balls. Talking about pressure this year!

If the starting 22 stays healthy, the biggest question mark has to be ILB and CB. Won't cover ILB, since everyone before has. Shields is rock solid, after that there are questions and youth.

Oh, Masthay is a concern as well.
You never have to worry about red

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You never have to worry about red

Are you talking about Masthay? I think they call him "Ginger Wolverine" for his long red sideburns. :tup:

Oh I am worried about a guy who statistically finished 29th in the league last year and hasn't shown any improvement yet this year.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh god, that no-catch again? Old news. It smells like last year, LOL. Its a new year, move on.

To answer the OP's question, most definitely the OLine. If Rodgers has time to pass, it doesn't really matter who is catching from him. He finds the open man every time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks Captain, I assumed he was referring to Masthay and his red hair. Unlike Brett Favre, I don't know the names (and nicknames) of pretty much everyone who works for the Packers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beagle

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh god, that no-catch again? Old news. It smells like last year, LOL. Its a new year, move on.

Me? No, never.

If the Pack has a spare RB can you send one our way? We're in big trouble in that department, even with our OL.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me? No, never.

If the Pack has a spare RB can you send one our way? We're in big trouble in that department, even with our OL.

Harris and Crockett both look pretty decent. We'll keep one as our 3rd stringer, you can have whoever we cut :) You're not touching Lacy or Starks though, lol :)

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire defense. This defense is not tough enough. They are soft. The 3rd and longs will continue to be an issue. I have said it before and will continue to do so. Capers has to go and should've been gone years ago.

Members online

Latest posts