What NFC Team scares you the most...

What team in the NFC possesses a threat to the Packers or makes you the most nervous about playing?

• Lions

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • 49ers

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Eagles

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
After watching the Saints today, I'm more convinced they can get it together. The 49ers are impressive, but Washington had every chance in that game, but they had one of the most overrated coaches in history, and no quarterback at all.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we also have to put the Giants into the mix. Eli is getting super good and if they can get the rest of the team on board, I think they might be a threat. Plus, if they win their division, they could knock the Eagles out of the playoffs in the process.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think we also have to put the Giants into the mix. Eli is getting super good and if they can get the rest of the team on board, I think they might be a threat. Plus, if they win their division, they could knock the Eagles out of the playoffs in the process.

Eli is a top 5 quarterback this year and at this rate, I'd take him over Brees or Brady cause he's not forcing the ball into tight spots for interceptions. I don't know what the deal is with Brady and Brees this year. Brady will force that ball to Welker under tight coverage and get picked off, where Brees will force it around to Jimmy Graham when under blitz pressure. They're both good, but they're turning the ball over more than we're used to seeing.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Eli is a top 5 quarterback this year and at this rate, I'd take him over Brees or Brady cause he's not forcing the ball into tight spots for interceptions. I don't know what the deal is with Brady and Brees this year. Brady will force that ball to Welker under tight coverage and get picked off, where Brees will force it around to Jimmy Graham when under blitz pressure. They're both good, but they're turning the ball over more than we're used to seeing.

Is it age? I saw it with Peyton the last few years too.

I truly am starting to wonder if the young guns are taking over the league now.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:laugh:

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Is it age? I saw it with Peyton the last few years too.

I truly am starting to wonder if the young guns are taking over the league now.

Possibly.

Last year, Drew Brres had 22 INT's, could have been 15-17 since some of them were tipped passes and so forth.

I couldn't believe Brady broke Kosar's long time standing record of consecutive passes without an INT last season, but still it was more significant when Kosar did it back in a league where the quarterback got no special rules, and there wasn't a tuck rule.

I don't think anyone expected Brady to throw picks like this last year after breaking that record.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say it, but yeah Eli is great this year, I'll admit it. And he don't have Peyton's shadow to sit there and compare him with this year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say it, but yeah Eli is great this year, I'll admit it. And he don't have Peyton's shadow to sit there and compare him with this year.

I've really started to notice him this year. Could it be he is just a late bloomer? Not all QBs develop at the same rate. If so, it was good of the Giants to believe in him and hold on.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

This is key. Eli has always been the "other Manning." Now he is the only Manning. Even in his SB win they showed Peyton a million times. I love Peyton but enough is enough.

To be fair, Eli had some struggles today though.

The only truly "scary" QB is Rodgers. Rodgers is like......well I don't know. He is ridiculous. It's like he never wants to lose again.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
This is key. Eli has always been the "other Manning." Now he is the only Manning. Even in his SB win they showed Peyton a million times. I love Peyton but enough is enough.

Just to mix it up this year, they are going to show Tebow a million times.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
When comparing quarterbacks,you have to compare them at the current season and not career.

Is Eli better than Brady? HELL NO career wise, but so far this year, he's playing better than him.

That's kinda like the Manning/Brees thing back in 2009, my opinion; Brees should have won the MVP for breaking the record on completion percentages that season, but I don't know if I'd say he's better than Manning career wise.

Young vs Montana back in 1994? Surely Young had a better season winning his first Super Bowl than Joe Cool's final season, but that don't mean he's better than him comparing careers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
When comparing quarterbacks,you have to compare them at the current season and not career.

Is Eli better than Brady? HELL NO career wise, but so far this year, he's playing better than him.

That's kinda like the Manning/Brees thing back in 2009, my opinion; Brees should have won the MVP for breaking the record on completion percentages that season, but I don't know if I'd say he's better than Manning career wise.

Young vs Montana back in 1994? Surely Young had a better season winning his first Super Bowl than Joe Cool's final season, but that don't mean he's better than him comparing careers.

In 2009 for MVP there was a legit argument but that Colts team could not run the ball, not even a little. And Caldwell was a rookie head coach so Manning got a nudge there carrying that moron. Ironically they could run the ball in the SB and didn't stick with it. Why? I don't know. But, offense and special teams ticked me off big time.

As for all these QBs. Damn guys. Rodgers is so good. Where did this guy come from? OMG. He might be the most impressive I have seen.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I want Rodgers to break the records this year for highest completion percentage and highest quarterback ratings, then he'd hold a record from both Peyton and Drew LOL. Not really worried about the yards one, Marino should keep that record cause he did it back in 84 which is when rules did not favor the QB.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont sleep on the Giants. They beat the Patriots at Foxboro. That in itself is a pretty impressive feat.

Also, the Giants seemed to have re-found their defense (after sorting through all of those injuries they have had on that side of the ball)

Eli Manning is also having a good season. Their running game however isnt looking that great.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Right now I worry about two games. The Lions at their house, and which Giants team will we meet?

Rodgers always has extra incentive to beat Alex Smith and the 40Whiners.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Right now I worry about two games. The Lions at their house, and which Giants team will we meet?

Rodgers always has extra incentive to beat Alex Smith and the 40Whiners.

Well said...

Giants are starting to gel....Not real worried about Lions in GB, but am worried for Turkey day

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, now I read a report this morning that stated Leslie Frazier said the Vikings are ready to beat the Packers this time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
I think the Giants will be our biggest challenge.
Especially since they beat the Cheaters giving them their first home loss in a while. (Yay!!)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, now I read a report this morning that stated Leslie Frazier said the Vikings are ready to beat the Packers this time.
That's the team that should scare you the most right now. 2-6, nothing to lose on the road. Playing for respect, pretty much out of the playoff hunt.....unless they win out(not likely). But it would go a long way for them to beat he Packers in Green Bay. Be the team that gives the Champs their first loss. Suppose to be the easiest game for the rest of the year......14 point underdogs.....Rodgers has 8 games with a passer rating over 100.....

Vikings are sure to lose.

Members online

Latest posts