What NFC Team scares you the most...

What team in the NFC possesses a threat to the Packers or makes you the most nervous about playing?

• Lions

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • 49ers

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Eagles

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic seeing the Saints get shut down against the Rams and their heavy passing game crushed, also more awareness on their terrible run defense.

So what team in the NFC scares you the most when it comes to who we may be facing in the playoffs.

The 49ers have a defense that looks like it can give us a good run, and their offense lives on the running game and play action.

New Orleans obviously gets the top spot, even with a bad game against a winless Rams team, they still have a quality offense.

While the Eagles are shutting out the Cowboys, I'm still not 100% bought on them, I'm more concerned about the Giants. Eli Manning is playing great this year, and he's getting zero credit. I do believe they are going to be a tougher team to play than last season.

And of course, or biggest threat to the division is the Detroit Lions.

I'm a bit worried about the Giants, i think they are going to sneak in the playoffs, and give teams lots of trouble down the road. until New Orleans can stop the run, and actually win a game when their passing game is shut down with Brees having a bad day putting it in the air 40-50 times, I'm not sold on them all the way. The Lions scare me the most as far as losing a game, because they know us, and you seen how Minnesota played us all tough, a divisional opponent is always going to have a higher chance of beating you cause they know what you're going to do.

Without a doubt, we are the best team in the NFC, the best team in the league with the last undefeated record, but down the road it's going to get challenging.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I'd say even with the loss today, the Saints are the second best team in the NFC. That offense is scary when it's playing up to it's potential. Just ask the Colts. Eli is looking like a Pro Bowl QB right now, though.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Saints have the passing offense, but lack a running game, and their defense lives and dies on the turnovers. I watch them every Sunday, and their defense made Josh Freeman and A.J. Feeley look like pro bowl caliber quarterbacks, when Freeman throws picks easily, and Feeley is next to useless. Their biggest problem with their loses is run defense. They let teams carve them up on the ground.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Whatever team we are up against next. As I look at it, why even worry about the Eagles or 49er's they will have to earn their game against the Packers.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short answer: None of them really scare me as there is no team in the NFL our offense can't keep pace with.

If I had to pick one, I'd say Detroit simply because they're in our division and we split with them last season. That and they have a chip on their shoulder. They want to win, and they want to win bad.

I hate to say it, but let's also not count out the Bears. They always give us fits and are more than capable of playing some good ball.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of them scare me, all have major flaws and are not in our class. If I had to choose it would be the Lions, I guess.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short answer: None of them really scare me as there is no team in the NFL our offense can't keep pace with.
Yup. I agree.
After that Atlanta game this season, I felt very confident in the Packers that no team will beat us.
Packers can blow out other teams, but I seriously doubt any team will blow out the Pack.
The Pack either keeps pace or somehow manages to keep an edge when ahead.

I also think it's too early to judge. I mean, remember those Atlanta games last season against the Pack.
Things can change between reg. and post season games against the same opponent.
It all comes down to who wants it more.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles because they have tremendous big-play potential and we tend to give up a handful of big plays. It seems like we occasionally give up a couple quick late scores that make closer games out of potential blowouts.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
To say one scares me is an overstatement. I used to be that type of fan. This is the first year in all my years that no one team scares me. At least not yet.
Despite obvious warts on the defense and blank periods by the offense the Packers keep finding ways to win. My favorite term here is that we almost lost. The Packers have never once almost lost this season. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The one team in the NFC that I think has the best chance to beat the Champs is New Orleans regardless of their record.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the Giants if they run the ball well. Eli has been pretty accurate last couple of games.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Saints. *sigh* They might have gotten cocky hanging 62 points on the Colts. Problem is, like I said last week don't take that much out of that game. There are bye weeks and there are the Colts. Teams who play Indy get two bye weeks in the regular season. This team is that bad. Saints are becoming an awful road team. They won't beat the Packers in January, especially after Capers makes adjustments from the first game.

Lions lost back to back games against good teams at home. I think that was an important test for them and they failed. They may give you a tough game but they aren't ready yet. Beating up on the sisters of the poor in this league is nice but not going to make me jump up and down in excitement.

Falcons could be sneaky. They lucked out and got back to back bye weeks too! Again, they won't beat you on the road. I think you guys are starting to get in Matt Ryan's head a bit. Much like the Pats were once in Peyton Manning's head. A playoff loss in GB would do Ryan good though, toughen him up for the future.

Giants. Sneaky team. They seem to slack off at times. They have become a good comeback team though and Eli is quietly having a very good season. Can't count them out after 07, at least I can't.

Eagles? Keep an eye on this one. If they have a streak of wins then who knows. They have the talent.

Niners remain my top team to challenge the Pack. Not to win but challenge. They have a good D and an infectious new head coach. Good D's travel in the playoffs. They won't have enough offense though.

Barring major injury the Pack make the SB.

And don't get me started on the AFC.......
Will give credit to Pittsburgh though for coming alive after an awful start to the season. If they just grabbed homefield from the Pats then that has the potential to shake up a lot of SB predictions IMO. Funny, I would not mind a rematch with the Pack/Steelers even though I hate the Steelers. At least Aaron/Ben are close enough in age that the QB rivarly the media might try to develop seems more realistic to me then Rodgers/Brady.

Packers are still head and shoulders above them all though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why bother playing anymore games.???

Some of you act like it is a given they win the SB...And that is the worse thing you can do...Even in 96, and 97 I never said that they were a lock...And IMO those teams were slightly better then this current team..

I will never take any team for granted...Look at the Saints yesterday..Yup that could happen to the Packers just as easy..So dont puff out chest to much..

There is a reason why there was only one team EVER to go undefeated in the season and WIN the SB....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No team scares me, honestly their best and our best, we win any game anywhere.

But that's not how it goes in the NFL. There are a lot of teams that could beat us if the right circumstances comes. I still believe that the Saints are the second best team in the NFC, despite their bizarre loss. I still rather face Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford than Drew Brees.

And in the AFC, I think the Steelers found the formula to stop the Patriots. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate passers ever, but moreso in short yardage than 20+ yards. He's not deadly accurate with long passes. And it's even harder for them because none of their playmakers is good at getting separation in deep routes. The Steelers jammed the LOS and played cover 1 pratically the whole game. Blitzing Brady is just stupid, so they covered aggressive 5 to 10 yards, played mostly man but usually with a rover near Welker, and it worked wonders. They were able to stop the run, which limited Brady in playaction. If the Patriots can't find a deep treat, they aren't going anywhere. Plus that defense is abysmal. How the heck could Belichick suit such unit? Maybe, just maybe, he's overwhelmed by so many functions (DC, HC, GM).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why bother playing anymore games.???

Some of you act like it is a given they win the SB...And that is the worse thing you can do...Even in 96, and 97 I never said that they were a lock...And IMO those teams were slightly better then this current team..

I will never take any team for granted...Look at the Saints yesterday..Yup that could happen to the Packers just as easy..So dont puff out chest to much..

There is a reason why there was only one team EVER to go undefeated in the season and WIN the SB....
I agree, but it's a very distinct circumstance.

First of all, we are the best team in the league. On top of that, there weren't any offseason, so we already got that advantage, being a cohesive team.

But the most important thing working for us to go undefeated is the schedule. We play a really easy schedule. If we had to go to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New Orleans or New Englad, things would be much different.

But we don't. So, being the best team, plus having an easy schedule, 16-0 is a very distinct possibility.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, but it's a very distinct circumstance.

First of all, we are the best team in the league. On top of that, there weren't any offseason, so we already got that advantage, being a cohesive team.

But the most important thing working for us to go undefeated is the schedule. We play a really easy schedule. If we had to go to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New Orleans or New Englad, things would be much different.

But we don't. So, being the best team, plus having an easy schedule, 16-0 is a very distinct possibility.

I just dont want people to get so over confident that when that loss comes, we dont have people asking for MM to be fired

Staff online

Members online